• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any forums geared more toward the male aspie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to Wrong Planet. If you don't mind being in an atmosphere that is very misogynistic and the place could turn into an incel terrorist site at any moment.

I've never noticed any female majority on here except for perhaps in some of the relationship threads. But then I don't value someones opinion based on their gender. To be honest I don't actually know the gender of most of the regular members despite having been on here for years.

As others have suggested Wrong Planet is mostly populated by men, due to women (and many men) being scared off the forum by the raging misogyny, incel vibes, and general toxicity.

If you are here for answers to questions why would it matter if the person attempting to help is male or female? Wouldn't you rather get perspective from both?

The only situation I can think of where a woman can oppress a man's perspective is if she disagrees. But then there is male v male oppression too.

It's a jungle out there.

I heard Wrongplanet is led by Autism Speaks staff members. Is it true?

Men on WP were very sweet to me despite me not even having certainty of having been on the spectrum and dating someone on the spectrum. I have to say though it was more recently i hanged around, last year. But with my effort to bring them here I noticed at least one joined this site. So really, from the deadliness they had there i think this where we are now is more so a mix of a lot of men from many parts of the web. With this incredible variety of the male gender you might regret leaving.

Besides you could specify in each of your new thread that you would only want male perspectives.

Here's a lil something for you from me.
Autism Chats and Forums with Chats

Last edited:
I heard Wrongplanet is led by Autism Speaks members. Is it true?

To my knowledge Autism Speaks funds Wrong Planet in certain ways as a sponsor, but to what extent I don't know. Legally as far as I know it's still owned and administrated by "Wrong Planet LLC".

I do know that such funding has not gone over well with many autism advocates which stands to reason IMO.

I've always considered Autism Speaks as an advocate for Neurotypical parents of autistic children. Not autistic people themselves.

Last edited:
To my knowledge Autism Speaks funds Wrong Planet in certain ways as a sponsor, but to what extent I don't know. Legally as far as I know it's still owned and administrated by "Wrong Planet LLC".

I do know that such funding has not gone over well with many autism advocates which stands to reason IMO.

I've always considered Autism Speaks as an advocate for Neurotypical parents of autistic children. Not autistic people themselves.
Apparently, Plank, Founder of WP, accepted funding from Autism Speaks for a television show about autism called "Autism Talk TV."

Self Advocates Accuse Autism Speaks; Alex Plank of Starting Sock Puppet Organization - Disability And Me

Apparently, Plank, Founder of WP, accepted funding from Autism Speaks for a television show about autism called "Autism Talk TV."

Self Advocates Accuse Autism Speaks; Alex Plank of Starting Sock Puppet Organization - Disability And Me

Yes, that's the most obvious one. The one that doesn't fly well with autism advocates. Whether or not Autism Speaks funds them in other ways is not so apparent. In all fairness I can't say whether such a financial relationship with them really exists beyond their sponsorship of this one event.

Yes, that's the most obvious one. The one that doesn't fly well with autism advocates. Whether or not Autism Speaks funds them in other ways is not so apparent. In all fairness I can't say whether such a financial relationship with them really exists beyond their sponsorship of this one event.
Lame/desperate move for an actor, it seems, I hope AS didn't contribute any of their misleading ideas to the show. I have yet to watch it.

Disagreement isn't oppression, it's just disagreement o_O
Do not oppress my judgement. :openmouth: [im not being serious]

Now counting in the nature of the situation and not being in the group which is supposed to comment on the topic from the perspective of the topic situation person, aka, if its a male requiring topic, and I as a woman, butt in with my beliefs, and furthermore press opinion and let no space for theirs, then it can be seen as oppressive. [I might misinterpret myself as a heroine, and could be if the topic is not gender defined, arguing against a male majority- wait, no. men are human, too.]

If the subjected individual desires to see more male perspectives then the only flaw I see is men not being aggressive enough in the male partiality by expressing valid male perspective opinions, and mentioning why it is a better option and suggestion for males. Or maybe males not being present at all in the topic, especially not backing up the perspective of the individual?

If a group of females are oppressing a male individual's beliefs continuously, attacking his every post, then it can be misinterpreted as it being an issue of gender opinion oppression. My question is how does gender contribute to the perspective of the person, and if so, does anyone than the poster know what influenced the belief and that they are oppressing a gender perspective?

This topic might be way beyond my experience capabilities. Although lately I saw a new male member be disagreed with by a lot of females, and I was there. I'm in trouble, huh? His post was accusatory against a certain female, and it was rather picked apart and disagreed with. I think he felt outnumbered and perhaps oppressed.
Am I overreacting?

To be honest you'd be the one whom I can think of who would be best addition to this topic, @NothingToSeeHere.

Last edited:
I don't think it's sexist for a man to want to have male perspective on his posts. I mean, you need someone like you to bounce ideas off of. I'm a woman and there's a lot I can't talk to men about, that only other women will understand.

Please bear in mind that I'm a gen x'er and my opinion and worldview is often complete 180 opposite of that of millennials.

I don't think it's sexist for a man to want to have male perspective on his posts. I mean, you need someone like you to bounce ideas off of. I'm a woman and there's a lot I can't talk to men about, that only other women will understand.

Please bear in mind that I'm a gen x'er and my opinion and worldview is often complete 180 opposite of that of millennials.

He didn’t say he wants male perspectives on his posts, though. He said he wants to find a forum that has mostly male members or is for males only.

I like these forums but most topics end up being female-heavy causing the male perspective to be diluted, and in some cases oppressed. If there are no forums for male aspies, I'd like to suggest one.
I haven't noticed that.

Have you any particular examples in mind where this occurs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom