• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any dancers?

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
I just came back from a electronic music dance event tonight, big crowds (I know some of you are cringing already), but about the dancing part...

I've never had the urge to dance, I have a tendency to be an observer of the people dancing, my way of enjoying music is either to soak it in without dancing, I will tap my feet but that's it, or else be an active participant in the photography of the event, which I did tonight.

A good friend who loves electronic dance music was an active participant dancing away, and has bugged me before (nicely, he's a good friend) about why I'll never dance at such events. And it's not just because I know I'm clumsy (I am!), I just don't feel like it anyway.

And as a visual artist, photographer, I have lots of fun taking photos as an observer, which might sound like the loneliest thing in the world, even in the midst of a big crowd, but I love it!

I love to dance at home or at work but I can never bring myself too at an event like that. I wish I could but I'm way too afraid of being picked apart and made fun of by the entire crowd.

Also terribly afraid of someone taking photos of me and them ending up on the internet and me getting picked apart there as well. :(

I love to dance at home or at work but I can never bring myself too at an event like that. I wish I could but I'm way too afraid of being picked apart and made fun of by the entire crowd.

Also terribly afraid of someone taking photos of me and them ending up on the internet and me getting picked apart there as well. :(

I don't even dance at home!

I love electronic dance music, it's actually part of one of my special interests!
I like to dance but I'm much too scared to do it in public.

I love dancing. I dance at home, do ballet, occasionally go to local ceilidhs, love clubbing (dancing the night away), and have gone to a couple of dance music festivals. I don't drink but am completely ok dancing badly in public while completely sober. I have found that dancing exuberantly in the middle of the floor persuades everyone else to give up on the 'awkwardly bobbing along to the music in circles' style and join in with my 'shameless I don't care if I look like an idiot' dancing style.

I like to dance quite a bit, have since I was a small child. Went to discos in the eighties and would dance for six to eight hours at a time. Could never do the 'dancing with a partner' dances very well but I'm extremely good at mimicking people. That's how I learned. Have taught myself over time to do all kinds of dances; folk, hip hop, traditional and many others.

I love dancing, I'm usually the first person on the dance floor when the music is good. I usually dance at home as well. And sometimes I do little skips when I'm walking outside, and then I feel incredibly self-conscious and skulk away.

New Threads

Top Bottom