• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any classic 70s or 80s rock fans here?

I enjoy Queen, love(d) Freddy Mercury, what an incredible vocalist and performer! I saw Eurythmics in the eighties in Melbourne.
I recently watched Bohemian Rhapsody, the new film. Not bad at all.

With regard to 70's/80's Classic Rock, I like some, or much of the music by the following artists/bands_

Genesis
Yes
Pink Floyd
Black Sabbath
Kansas
Emerson, Lake + Palmer
Led Zeppelin
Bad Company
Blind Faith
Toto
America
Steely Dan
Crosby, Stills, Nash + Young
(some, select) Rolling Stones
Peter Gabriel
Jimi Hendrix
Jeff Beck
David Bowie
Prince

Have to include Joni Mitchell and Jaco Pastorius (despite, not being classified as Rock artists, per se) as their music from the era, is some of my favorite. (may be forgetting some, and, also like some Southern and Folk Rock, not listed)

Last edited:
Last summer was another Outlaw Music Festival again with Willie Nelson & Family, Alison Krauss, The Avett Brothers, Old Crow Medicine Show, Dawes, Ghost Hounds.

Next up was Cheap Trick with ZZ Top on their 50th year on stage tour.

The finale for the year was the Arlo Guthrie show celebrating the 50th anniversary of his movie, Alice's Restaurant in November.
Arlo bought the old Trinity Church (“the” church from the song and movie) that is now home to The Guthrie Center, named for his parents, Woody & Marjorie Guthrie.

Arlo's daughter Sarah Lee Guthrie's band did a short set, she did a few sets with Arlo and his son Abe plays the keyboard in Arlo's band.
Arlo told us a story, in Arlo fashion, about his son getting a bigwheel for his birthday. He said rode it up the street and walked back home.
Arlo asked him what happened to the bigwheel? Abe said he traded it. Arlo asked him what for. He said, a keyboard :D
All four of his children are involved in music.

Getting to see Arlo live was another feather in my cap ;)
20191116_203321.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom