• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any classic 70s or 80s rock fans here?

Nothing beats classic- progressive rock.
I have been fortunate to see nine of my top 10 bands in concert, many of whom are still performing.
Their average age is about 70, so I try to see them when they are in town.

My top 10 are

1. Moody Blues
2. Supertramp
3. Jethro Tull
4. REO Speedwagon
5. Pink Floyd
6 Rush
7. Genesis
8 Journey
9. Yes
10.Steve Winwood.

I would put Bruce Hornsby in here, but I think he is more folk rock. Honorable mention goes to Crosby, Stills. Nash and Young, and Styx.
I never saw Pink Floyd, but I did recently see a couple tribute bands that were fantastic.

Yes Indeed! As you can probably tell from my profile pic i'm a big fan of a lot of 70s and 80s rock music. Some of my favorite bands and solo artists from these decades include-

David Bowie
Pink Floyd
Elton John
Aerosmith
Billy Joel
Def Leppard
And my second favorite band of all time, Queen. I can't wait for the Biopic about Freddie Mercury to come out later this year!!

Last edited:
Yes Indeed! As you can probably tell from my profile pic i'm a big fan of a lot of 70s and 80s rock music. Some of my favorite bands and solo artists from these decades include-

David Bowie
Pink Floyd
Elton John
Aerosmith
Billy Joel
Def Leppard
And my second favorite band of all time, Queen. I can't wait for the Biopic about Freddie Mercury to come out later this year!!

That Queen biopic comes out on my Dad's birthday, 24th of October.

I also saw The Black Crowes At Starlake.
That was a rented limo event for me :cool:

Boston
Led Zeppelin
Lynyrd Skynyrd
AC/DC
Blue Oyster Cult
Molly Hatchet
Pink Floyd
Styx
Judas Priest
Metallica
Rush
Foreigner

Are you going to see the movie Bohemian Rhapsody when it comes out in November?! I'm so excited for it! :D
Yeah I seen the trailer for it,it looks good but I will probably wait when it comes out on Blu ray though it does look interesting.

First concert I ever went to was KISS on the Dynasty tour in 1979...
Some of the other bands from 70s-80s l like are:
Led Zeppelin
Beatles(yeah, I know they're more 60s, but hey...)
Duran Duran
Def Leppard
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
AC/DC
Guns 'N' Roses(back when they were actually good)
Motley Crue

Just never get tired of listening to music from that era. It's the best!
Where I live there is a band called the Feramones which is fronted by Rick Fenn from 10CC who lives here now. They do covers that are almost better than the originals and have knock out shows every summer. Never get tired of them and just lose myself dancing.
Have seen many of my favourite bands live, but my all time favourite was probably Pink Floyd at Knebworth House in England in 1975. They did the whole Dark Side of the Moon album. Unforgettable!
The only down side was that there were 80,000 people there and it took 2 hours to get out of the car park at the end!

Last edited:
So many good bands on here.

The Doors (I know more 60s but still!)
Led Zep
AC/DC
Jimi Hendrix (I know more 60s but still!)
Guns n Roses (had the original vinyl with 'that' cover art!)
Pink Floyd (so sublime to listen to)
Iron Maiden
Queen
etc etc

Just never get tired of listening to music from that era. It's the best!
Where I live there is a band called the Feramones which is fronted by Rick Fenn from 10CC who lives here now. They do covers that are almost better than the originals and have knock out shows every summer. Never get tired of them and just lose myself dancing.
Have seen many of my favourite bands live, but my all time favourite was probably Pink Floyd at Knebworth House in England in 1975. They did the whole Dark Side of the Moon album. Unforgettable!
The only down side was that there were 80,000 people there and it took 2 hours to get out of the car park at the end!

That knebworth gig must have been something else! Dark side is amazing

Went to The Outlaw Music Festival yesterday.
Saw Van Morrison and Willie Nelson as headliners there :cool:

That knebworth gig must have been something else! Dark side is amazing
Yes it was fantastic! And they had an amazing light show as well, in the days before bands were doing light shows. They were definitely ahead of their time!

David Bowie
Pink Floyd
Elton John
Aerosmith
Billy Joel
Def Leppard
I can't wait for the movie either! I want it all, I want it now! (Lol see what I did there? )

New Threads

Top Bottom