• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any classic 70s or 80s rock fans here?

Adora

My favourite genre of music would have to be 70s and 80s rock music,my favourite bands and artists are Queen,INXS,David Bowie,Bon Jovi and Australian groups like Icehouse and Pseudo Echo which is more on the new wave side but I would like to know do you like 70s or 80s rock and if so what are your favourite artists or bands?

My 70s and 80s bands are too numerous to list here, so here are a few of the outstanding concerts I attended.

I saw Bon Jovi front row and center stage in the early 90s.

Bon Scott era AC-DC in 1979 at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh Pa USA.

Cheap Trick at the Nailers Stadium in Wheeling West Virginia 1980.
Got engaged at that show during their hit "I want you to want me" We never married because we fought like cats and dogs :p

The Marshall Tucker Band in Maryland in 1980.

Pink Floyd, Cleveland stadium 1984.

Pat Travers in the early 80s.

Bruce Springsteen, Pittsburgh Three Rivers Stadium, 1984

The Outlaws with Molly Hatchet in 1979

I'll add more as I remember them, but there's a start :cool:

Last edited:
Yes, I like 70s and 80s rock, mainly progressive rock as my username suggests - band/artists I like from this period are:
Jethro Tull
Yes
Genesis
Pink Floyd
Rush
Wishbone Ash
Camel
Renaissance
Led Zeppelin
Deep Purple
Blue Oyster Cult
Talking Heads
Marillion
Peter Gabriel
New Model Army
Queen
David Bowie

Me! Been a Queen fan for over 30 years, and for my 30th birthday we went to see the Queen musical We Will Rock You in London, that was in April 2006.

The main rocker I'm a fan of though would be Meat Loaf, Bat out of hell was and still is a timeless classic IMO, just a shame that IMO the last good album he did was Bat out of hell 3 in 2010, the one he released last year wasn't that good IMO.

If the Bat out of hell musical ever comes out of London, going to see it is definitely on my "to do" list.

Yes, I like 70s and 80s rock, mainly progressive rock as my username suggests - band/artists I like from this period are:
Jethro Tull
Yes
Genesis
Pink Floyd
Rush
Wishbone Ash
Camel
Renaissance
Led Zeppelin
Deep Purple
Blue Oyster Cult
Talking Heads
Marillion
Peter Gabriel
New Model Army
Queen
David Bowie
I like Talking Heads and I don’t mind some Deep Purple aswell,I like the the Talking heads songs Psycho Killer and road to nowhere,My dad was a fan of Jethro Tull and he liked The Aqualung album also i like songs from the group called Uriah heep and my favourite song is free me from the album innocent victim,I have many others I like from the 70s and 80s but there are many others besides the one I have listed that it would be a long list.

I like many of the bands mentioned all ready to add a few more trying not to repeat
Allman Brothers
lynyrd skynyrd
Blind faith
Steely Dan
Robin tower
Traffic
Eirc Clapton
Beatles
Rolling Stones
Doors
Fleetwood mac
Creedence Clearwood revival
The police

As far as the 80"s I like various songs rather than bands

Last edited:
Some of the concerts I went to in the eighties/nineties:

Alice Cooper
The Allman Brothers Band
Aldo Nova
April Wine
Bachman Turner Overdrive
Cat Stevens
Gino Vanelli
King Biscuit Boy
King Crimson
Mahogany Rush
Neil Young
Paul Simon
Rolling Stones
Rush
Stevie Ray Vaughn backing Dire Straits
Yes

Although I did like rock from the 70's into the 90's, I'm probably more of a Blues, R&B, Punk and 'Swamp rock' fan.

Last edited:
Slim_Whitman_1968.JPG

I only listened to Slim Whitman in the 70s & 80's. I remember his TV ads said he was more popular then the Beatles and sold more records then Elvis in the UK. Or something like that.

I have always liked British bands like The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Hollies, Genesis, Dire Straits, Eric Clapton and my favorite, Pink Floyd.

Living in the backwoods has it's disadvantages, non of the big bands has ever come to Idaho. Even worse, I have never been to a NFL game before. I might be able stand the crowd for Pink Floyd or a pro football game.

Last edited:
A hardcore 80's fan here. Back in the days of MTV and the golden age of the music video. When the 90's rolled around, my interest in pop music just took a nose dive.

How many of you remember when you would hooked-up the FM tuner on you stereo to the cable tv line so you could hear MTV in stereo?

Living in the backwoods has it's disadvantages, non of the big bands has ever come to Idaho. Even worse, I have never been to a NFL game before. I might be able stand the crowd for Pink Floyd or a pro football game.

Going to a pro football game? Are you crazy? I was invited to a Seahawks game about 20 years ago and the roar of the crowd was so loud that it made my ears hurt. I had to plug my ears the whole time I was there. Never doing that again.

Going to a pro football game? Are you crazy? I was invited to a Seahawks game about 20 years ago and the roar of the crowd was so loud that it made my ears hurt. I had to plug my ears the whole time I was there. Never doing that again.

Well, I did say that I "might" be able to stand the crowd. The Seahawks home games are the loudest of all. Something about their stadium.

I got to see Carlos Santana while rubbing elbows with the pit boss leaning on center stage at the former Star Lake Amphitheater.

Was nothing that compared to seeing him play directly overhead.

The Steve Miller Band at the same amphitheater in the late 90s

It has been a while since I've heard somebody mention, Stevie Ray Vaughn. Funny enough he and my dad went to high school together.

Some of the concerts I went to in the eighties/nineties:

Alice Cooper
The Allman Brothers Band
Aldo Nova
April Wine
Bachman Turner Overdrive
Cat Stevens
Gino Vanelli
King Biscuit Boy
King Crimson
Mahogany Rush
Neil Young
Paul Simon
Rolling Stones
Rush
Stevie Ray Vaughn backing Dire Straits
Yes

Although I did like rock from the 70's into the 90's, I'm probably more of a Blues, R&B, Punk and 'Swamp rock' fan.

Classic 80's rock, yes!
Listen to it when ever I drive and sometimes at night.

Been to a few concerts and really enjoyed them:
Whitesnake
Paul Simon
Alan Parson's Project
Moody Blues
Styx
Foreigner
Yes
ZZ Top
Lynard Skynard
Brett Michaels/Cinderella
Cheap Trick
Never got to see Pink Floyd but Brit Floyd was good.

Not rock, but, Engelbert Humperdinck many times.
Kenny Rogers, Barry Manilow, Juice Newton, they were good.

Others I would love to have seen:

Def Leppard
Queen
Aerosmith
Tom Petty
David Bowie
The Eagles
Genesis
Heart
Transiberian Orchestra

Having lived in Tampa FL area since 1981,
we have Ruth Eckerd Hall, Amelie Arena, and mid Florida Ampitheater.
Some good groups I've missed not having enough money for tickets.
Rock on.
BritFloyd 011.JPG

I like Talking Heads and I don’t mind some Deep Purple aswell,I like the the Talking heads songs Psycho Killer and road to nowhere
I'm listening to Little Creatures right now, it came up on random play :)
How many of you remember when you would hooked-up the FM tuner on you stereo to the cable tv line so you could hear MTV in stereo?
My family didn't have cable TV - I used to listen to the radio, borrow cassettes and make my own recording, or buy them, vinyl and later cassettes. I used to record from the radio when I got really desperate to have a track, but the quality was never that good.

60s, 70s and 80s. :cool:

With the Beatles on top of the pyramid. :)

Honorable mention to:

The Dave Clark Five
The Rolling Stones
Led Zepplin
Heart
Fleetwood Mac
Stevie Nicks
Boston
The Bee Gees
The Police
The Beach Boys
Herman's Hermits