• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any big fans of the Elder Scrolls here?

Sure, I've read pretty much all of the in-game books and was most partial to Morrowind and Oblivion.
Alas, I haven't played Morrowind yet. I want to get to it. I've found that as someone who was introduced to the Elder Scrolls through Skyrim, Oblivion was a lot harder for me to get into. I eventually can ease myself into it because I like the world so much, but the game play is not what I'm used to. Also the voice acting! Oblivion can be pretty silly in that regard.

Yep! I'm waiting on Skyblivion to experience the magic again. Also Skywind.

My subscriptions on YouTube consist of a lot of TES channels.

As someone who's put an inordinate amount of time into Skyrim, yes! :) The number of mods available and all the support for the Elder Scrolls games is mind-boggling. Almost like a new game each time when you switch mods up.

Wanted to play through Oblivion, but due to compatibility issues with Windows 10 (or something else, it won't run anymore) I can't :(

I rented Oblivion once, played it and couldn't get on with it, shame because normally I quite like involving RPGs with good stories.

Me! I'm obsessed. I had a special interest in elder scrolls lore a while back and researched it loads. Oblivion is my alltime favourite game.

I have played Oblivion for a few hours and I also own the Skyrim Legendary Edition which was later upgraded to the Special Edition in 2016 and was given away to existing licence holders. I normally love RPGs, especially when they're story rich, but I've never been able to get into Skyrim for some strange reason and I honestly can't understand why and I didn't even get into Oblivion, I've tried both a couple of times and I really want to get around to trying again, especially Skyrim which I should absolutely love. I for instance loved the Dragon Age Trilogy (especially the original), The Witcher Trilogy, Divinity II (not Original Sin or the sequel however) and many more, plus I've enjoyed and completed countless JPRGs. So does anyone else give any opinions as to why I can't get into Skyrim or perhaps you've experienced the same?

I've also played The Elder Scroll Online since it's initial release and I came back as a premium member when it went free to play (I'd much rather everyone pay a subscription to be equals and I'm not a fan of free to play games with microtransactions, but there obviously wasn't enough user base otherwise). I found this only pretty average to be honest, but have still spent quite a number of hours playing and I may get around to going back. When I play MMORPGs I usually prefer to play solo however even though many people say that defeats the object, it's probably because I'm on the autistic spectrum. I also hate PvP in the open world, it's far too annoying to be attacked when you're in the middle of something, especially when they are a ridiculously high level meaning you have absolutely no chance of winning even if you were the best player in the world, and even if they're the same level you often get attacked by groups which again leaves you no chance what-so-ever, not many people attack you with an equal level 1 on 1. I couldn't contemplate playing MMOs where players are allowed to steal all your items and loot after killing you that you could have spent literally months obtaining and even worse there's even a couple of so called "hardcore" MMOs with permadeath.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom