• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

any avid readers, science

SciFi & Fantasy for me, currently reading The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson which is part of his Stormlight Archive series.

I also powered through his Mistborn series for the first time this past Fall, despite having owned the first 3 books for the last Four or so years but left untouched. I had to take an hour to process what I'd finished reading before I started the sequel series as I'd never been so captivated by a series like that since Percy Jackson and the Olympians in High School or so.

My wife reads fantasy sci-fi, I am more grounded stopped reading Sci-fi as a teenager, just picked up and started reading 'The Code Breaker'.

I'm obsessed with Neurosciences, brain health, brain/mind-body connection, physiology and biology. Not sure if this qualifies for this thread, but, if so, I would gladly share literature.

I'm obsessed with Neurosciences, brain health, brain/mind-body connection, physiology and biology. Not sure if this qualifies for this thread, but, if so, I would gladly share literature.

I bet you would enjoy "The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat" by Oliver Sacks.

I have a bit of a background in microbiology, currently reading a book on CRPR. the code breaker as I mentioned in other threads I had a stroke a year ago, learning about brain plasticity the hard way.

Last edited:
SciFi & Fantasy for me, currently reading The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson which is part of his Stormlight Archive series.

I also powered through his Mistborn series for the first time this past Fall, despite having owned the first 3 books for the last Four or so years but left untouched. I had to take an hour to process what I'd finished reading before I started the sequel series as I'd never been so captivated by a series like that since Percy Jackson and the Olympians in High School or so.

I got hooked on Brandon Sanderson a few years ago. If you enjoyed Mistborn, then The Stormlight Archive is sure to suck you in.

Knowing that I tend to go overboard with my interests, I try to moderate my activitivies. But I've gone full fanboy on Brandon Sanderson. I've read almost everything he's written.

In science books I like to read Michio Kaku's; I have erad his biography of Einstein; Parallel Worlds, Beyond Einstein: The Cosmic quest for the theory of the universe. I'm waiting for his new book "The God's equation" which releases on april.

Carl Sagan's Cosmos is great. I have another book by Neil Degrasse Tyson i have't read still.

Sci-fi? Bioshock Rapture (prequel to the videogame); Dead Space (also related to a videogame.)

My sister was reading a biography of Paul Dirac, he does sound Aspie, she enjoyed the book. I've read several by Oliver Sacks very interesting writer and hey btw he was gay. Just saying as I am pleased when I find out someone whose work I admire is gay. Alan Turing also. Gay and an Aspie I think. I saw a play about him, and theres a huge biography.

Ages ago I read The double helix, about the discovery of DNA. Interesting. Think that's by James Crick. Or was it Watson? I've been reading a lot about Isaac Newton in lockdown, as some of his papers have been put on line in projects in the UK and USA. So interesting, he was both very religious and very interested in alchemy. And he was pretty good at running the Royal Mint. Another Aspie, yes I think so.

Used to and still do off and on. Read Science books on Disasters, planets, volcanoes, tsunamis, weather, and geology.

At this time I'm enjoying an Anime called Food Wars where they detail the spices in each dish. I confess most of the ingredients go over my head.

For the Paul Dirac fan out, check out "The Strangest Man The Hidden Life of Paul Dirac, Mystic of the Atom" by Graham Farmelo, definitely an Aspie

Last edited:
The book I think many will like "A crack in Creation and Gene Editing and the Unthinkable Power to Control Evolution" by Jennifer Doudna, another fellow Aspie.biggest breakthrough in biology even bigger thn the double helix.

Phantoms in the Brain: Probing the Mysteries of the Human Mind, by Neuroscientist V.S. Ramachandran is an excellent book. In a nutshell, he describes why and how our minds operate the way they do. If you happen to have an interest in the workings of the human mind, this is a book that I would highly recommend.

Last edited:
I am fascinated with space, astrophysics, and quantum physics.
I like neurosciences also.
Most of the reading I do in these areas I find on the net. Due to limited computer time,
they are readable in a short time period.

Just finished reads on-line about B mesons at CERN with discovering new ways the particles react
that can't be explained yet and new findings about the sun. Why it emits gamma rays in the
way it does. How it reverses poles during an eleven year sun cycle and there are more theories
on the center containing black matter.
Also an article on a nova that can just now be seen in the northern hemisphere with even a small
telescope.

Anything to do with space, particles, black matter, black holes and quantum physics.
Always find something every night.
Quanta magazine always has good articles or Amaze lab if you like on-line reading.

I have read a lot of books physics over the years, read two in the last few days that now are having a profound impact on me
1.) The trouble with physics by Lee Smolin
2.) The reality is not what if seems by Carlo Rovelli

For science fiction fans I would recommend
1.) The Foundation series by Isaac Asimov
2.) Rendezvous with Rama by Arthur C Clarke, this book makes sense considering current events

Last edited:
I have issues with reading because of my ADHD. I prefer books with chapters that are shorter. I'm not an avid reader of books.

Carlo Rovelli writing style is write a few pages change subjec t slightly few more pages. slow reading reading. seems to work whant get get his ideas across.

New Threads

Top Bottom