• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anti-Drug adverts/TV show episodes you remember

AGXStarseed

What adverts/public service announcements or TV episdes do you remember best that had a distinct "don't do drugs" theme?

One I remember is from the 80's cartoon series Bravestarr, a space-western set on a planet called New Texas with its hero being a Native American Marshal who rides a robotic-horse.
In the episode "The Price", a kid called Jay is persuaded by a drug dealer (who looks like a dingo in a suit) into taking an LSD-style drug called Spin - with Jay soon stealing from his mum and friends to fund his habit as he spirals out of control.

Despite promising not to tell about Jay's addiction, his friend Brad eventually tells Bravestarr as Jay's mother also states that Jay hasn't come home.
The trio head for the clubhouse where Jay was taking Spin, and you can see what happens in the clip below.

I remember this one well!

It is and was totally rubbish and I bet it didn't stop anyone from doing anything. I seem to remember some of the cast talking about doing drugs in the White House bathroom while they were there performing the song for Ron and Nancy! HAHA

I think I remember reading about the big lad with glasses getting done for supplying heroin too!

Another anti-drugs episode from a TV show that I remember was from Batman Beyond (a sequel show to Batman The Animated Series that was set in 2040 and featured an elderly Bruce Wayne tutoring a teenager called Terry McGuinness to become the new Batman).

The episode in question is called "The Winning Edge", and features a group of teens at Terry's school who are taking illegal muscle enhancing drugs in the form of skin patches called Slappers, with the teens resorting to crime to fund their habits - although their addiction means they have to take slappers just to function normally.
A nice tie-in to the original series is that it turns out the drug inside the slappers is Venom - a highly addictive steroid used by Batman's old nemesis Bane.
The episode is pretty good and worth a watch in my opinion:

I don't remember too many anti-drug campaigns but this is a rather recent anti-smoking campaign that for some reason caught my attention.

New Threads

Top Bottom