• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Another questions about my eyes.

Iamnotarabot

Well I know i have already asked about it but, i am re starting the process of finding out everything that is weird about me because my psychiatrist ask me to do so and this is exhausting.

So.

Today i got a litte eyes crisis, i am just like in a 15% less sleep than usual period, and when i came back from work in the train i could maintain my focus and my sight was double as i already told.

But after that I came back home and i tried to understand it a little more, and I realized that I actually have always a weird double vision.

When i focus something in front of me , near, the background is actually double.
When I look somewhere farther, things that are in front of my are double ( and blurry but i think this is normal.)

Is anyone having the same issue? I dont think this is an aging problem yet because iv never felt my vision changed, i just didnt realized this and I already did tests and no one ever told me i had some big vision problem.

This is a side effect of having two eyes. It's perfectly normal.

Imagine a pencil directly in front of you and very close, and a pen directly in front of you but further away. When your eyes look at the pencil, the line of sight for each eye hits the pencil but misses the pen. The result is that the pen is to the left of your left eye's line of sight and to the right of your right eye's line of sight, and you see two pens. The same thing will happen to the pencil when you look at the pen.

Most people don't pay any attention to this, because their attention is on the thing they're focusing on, and they ignore the double-images of whatever they're not focusing on.

I'd recommend going to an optician if you haven't already. My sister got that kind of thing and needed glasses with prism lenses to correct it

I have no eye dear! *gets coat*

Yeah bad puns aside, I have hereditary cataracts from my Mother, her Dad, my Granddad had them before her.

Eventually, I'll probably have to have an operation to remove them, but I'm too young yet, I'm only just turned 42.

The little sausage optical illusion is neat.
Put the ends of your forefingers together forming a
straight across line.
Hold them directly in front of your face, with finger ends about 2 inches in front of bridge of your nose.
Now look through them or just over the top, at a point across the room. Don't try focusing on the fingers.
You'll see three images that look like the ends of your fingers are holding a little sausage link between them.

Yes, parallax means that you see double because the angle viewed from each eye is slightly different, but one thing I did hear on my Google travels is that most people have a dominent eye, and the brain can ignore the signal coming from the weaker eye (not that it isn't there, it's just ignored) so therefore one doesn't usually see double, but some people don't have a dominant eye, so they get this double vision effect more strongly. I suspect that this is what @Iamnotarabot is talking about.

Last edited:
Well i think i have a dominant eye because rhe double images are not both strong, but i still see 2 images.

Anyway ths normal to have a double image outside of the focus maybe normal.

What js not normal is when i cant hold a single image of what i see and i have that double imahe non willingly.
But this this also a weird habits like talking outloud, when i do it it appease my eyes for few secs.

Yesterday i could not hold a clear image of what i was reading up close, and i forced a clear image, it hurted my right eye like crazy like an instant and strong but short headhache.

If you’re worried, see an optometrist, and if necessary and ophthalmologist. You shouldn’t be getting your medical advice online.

If the double vision is more drastic than usual, and you've seen an opthamologist or an optomotrist and they found nothing wrong, the problem could be related to anxiety / stress. Sleep deprivation can also make the problem worse as your eyes will have barely recovered from restful sleep. The muscles will be weak and later in the day may have trouble staying in sync.

Well i told that to my doctor when i was 11 years old so maybe i didnt explain it clearly but he never told me anything in this matter and all testd i did when i was young and even in college didnt detect anything particular so i always thought my sight was normal.

But i should talk about it then.thanks.

None one here is having a specific sight issue that he thinks related to asd to some degree or comorbid?

New Threads

Top Bottom