• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anhedonia long lasting and without depression. Can anyone relate?

Did you ever have inhadonia in your life?

• Never

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Have/had inhadonia as a result of depression/anxiety

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Have/had inhadonia NOT as a result of depression or anxiety

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

felines are superior

Anhedonia - lack of happiness and enjoyment from things you previously loved and enjoyed.

Until age nine, I felt happiness and calm anytime I was out in nature, just out on the street with its trees and bushes could do. And when I petted a dog and found a feral cat. Age nine, for no apparent reason and without depression, everything turned boring and flat.

I don't know if this is anhedonia or just a mild case of anhedonia, because I can still feel something when out in nature or petting my cats, but the feelings are mild. I can enjoy food, could feel grief enormously when one of my cats died. When in nature, I can feel a bit of enjoyment, but it fades rather quickly and turns to boredom.

I used to suffer from anxiety before age nine, and maybe this can cause anhedonia, but I still feel flat even when not feeling anxiety at the moment, nor depressed. And the anhedonia has lasted for DECADES!

In my teens and twenties, I've engaged in risky behavior and got some kind of rush from danger. I don't do it anymore. Age ten or eleven, I even thought about dying, although I wasn't suicidal. I remember when my nieces were little, I enjoyed spending time with them. But every time I was around them, I felt the fear that something horrible will happen to them like an accident or whatever, especially the feeling of fear intensified by the noise they were making because I'm afraid of noise. It made me spend less time with them, and now I regret it.

Are aspies more vulnerable to it? How many of you fellow aspies have/had it? Does it even sound like anhedonia? What can be done? I've tried meditation my own way, which is walking in nature and trying to relax and feel. Helps a bit. Can anyone relate? Please tell your stories.

New Threads

Top Bottom