• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ancient Aliens

Is there other life out there? Considering everything that the Cosmos consists of, I think that it is highly likely that there is life out there somewhere. Have other life forms visited Earth? Maybe microbial life on/in a meteor. Other than that, I do not think so. The distances are just to far. Consider the fact that the closest star to Earth is about two light years away. That is approximately 11.7 trillion miles away. If we could travel at the speed of light (we can't) it would be a two year trip. At the speeds our spacecraft fly now, it would take many lifetimes and that is just to the closest star to Earth. It really hard to comprehend these kids of distances, but this is what you would have to deal with for travel to other planets outside of our solar system.

I used to work out on the Nevada and Utah Ranges with the Air Force. Near 'Area 51' but not on it. The Air Force thought the whole Alien thing amusing and also indirectly helpful. It is a useful diversion from actual research and development. People holding vigils near mail boxes, looking for Gillmen, etc.

As far as the Ancient variety goes, one can spectulate endlessly where one is not required to provide proof.

Yes, I'm familiar with that book. The man who wrote it is on Ancient Aliens a lot.
Not only are the ideas of gods/goddesses and sky people in sci-fi, it's also a recurring theme to
all cultures through history in their writings also.
I guess people think of beings of a higher level as coming from above the planet. Or just "Out There."

The ancient central American civilizations, the Maya, Aztecs, etc., believed that humans came from the underworld, from the cenotes and labyrinths of caves that were portals between the living and the dead. I'm pretty sure the North American cliff dwellers, the Hopis, Navajos, etc. also believed that humans came from inside the earth.

I used to work out on the Nevada and Utah Ranges with the Air Force. Near 'Area 51' but not on it. The Air Force thought the whole Alien thing amusing and also indirectly helpful. It is a useful diversion from actual research and development. People holding vigils near mail boxes, looking for Gillmen, etc.

As far as the Ancient variety goes, one can spectulate endlessly where one is not required to provide proof.[/QUOT

My father-in-law, now deceased, was career Air Force during Korea through VietNam and worked on Operation Bluebook (or Notebook?). He said the whole alien thing and Area 51 theories were total hogwash but useful as a diversionary tactic, just like you said, to cover what the military was really doing in R&D.

My father-in-law, now deceased, was career Air Force during Korea through VietNam and worked on Operation Bluebook. He said the whole alien thing and Area 51 theories were total hogwash but useful as a diversionary tactic, just like you said, to cover what the military was really doing in R&D.

Indeed, a whole lot of smoke and mirrors was once the order of the day in hiding what went on at the Lockheed Skunkworks. Though the evolution of reconnaissance satellites has pretty much rendered the entire site obsolete and declassified other than to serve as an inaccessible cult attraction.

They had a pure Vegan diet at least.
Ah so we're descended from Morlocks then!

;)

I would hope so. Eloi hairstyles were positively atrocious.

eloi.jpg

So are you military types telling me Indiana Jones didn't really get nuked in a fridge?!?!!!

Too bad Mythbusters couldn't put someone inside an old refridgerator and then expose it to around 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit to find out. :p

Indeed, a whole lot of smoke and mirrors was once the order of the day in hiding what went on at the Lockheed Skunkworks. Though the evolution of reconnaissance satellites has pretty much rendered the entire site obsolete and declassified other than to serve as an inaccessible cult attraction.

You'd think all governments would realize that little can be concealed from the eyes in the skies. North Korea apparently didn't get the memo.

While everybody was at the Extraterrestrial Highway in Nevada (yes really, Nevada 375) looking for UFO's, the military was working on the Stealth aircraft, the "flying wing" B-2 long range bomber and the fighter jet that I can't remember the name of. When the B-2 was unveiled in 1988 it threw the UFO groupies for a loop, lol. There was also a plane dubbed "Aurora" that left a weird contrail and created sonic booms. The F-35 of today is such a mess that I really hope that DARPA is working on something far better and that the F-35 is a psyop distraction. I personally think that $1 trillion of tax money could have been put to far better use though.

I don't believe any of it, but I can't say it's not entertaining.
Everyone believes something.
The only thing I ask is why do we believe or disbelieve what we do.
There is a reason why one believes one thing while another's belief is totally different.
Belief is something that can't be proved- theory.
Perhaps nothing is real. The saying: There is No Spoon. But, there must be something.
Aliens may or may not be the answer to how we were created or stone cutting and moving was done thousands of years ago that we can't do today. But, there are the stones. Or are they?
And the sun used to revolve around the Earth which was flat. :rolleyes:

It is the emotional nature of an immature spirit to fear that which it does not understand. That is a major issue in our society, a society in which superstition rules our emotions. And when you talk about issues of emotions, you are not necessarily talking about issues of intelligence but issues in morality. There are emotional issues – issues of trust. And one of the current problems in our society today is we don’t have good systems of trust. We don’t know how to trust something or somebody that is going to think on its own. For example, when our children began to grow up and become independent and start acting out their independence, we stop them. Holding them back for fear that they may hurt themselves. Fear stemming from misguided trust is never an excuse for a lack of guidance. When we neglect our responsibilities and are not held accountable on a spiritual level, we end up creating for ourselves emotional issues. And we project our own fears onto the intelligence of other human beings.

So, it is essential to realize where our trust comes from. And it is indispensable to understand that we as human beings have an innate spiritual essence to guide and instruct. But when we fail to maintain that spiritual connection or neglect it all together allowing it to diminish, we begin to place our trust in superstitious interpretations and irrational beliefs arising from ignorance or fear. The resultant accompanying consequence is an emotional trauma which fractures the spirit and encumbers any kind of growth – thereby hindering ones consciousness from expanding and becoming more aware.

It seems to me that when people have a set belief pro or con on issues such as the original post here,
those beliefs usually come from an ingrained source.
As we grow in childhood we generally believe what our parents tell us is true and for many that never
changes.
Others are influenced by cultural beliefs, superstitions, religions or some form of science or people that are studied in certain fields and we believe them because of their positions.
Sometimes it is merely because we don't want to be considered not fitting in with the majority so we
maintain a certain belief agreement to fit into mainstream society.

If you want to be an independent 'thinker', we should start by asking WHY do we believe a certain way?
To your ownself be true with the answer.
There are so many different beliefs on any subject.
Why does one believe in one or more Gods, when another is an atheist?
WHY is where the answers begin for each person.

Personally I would call most of the matter presented in Ancient Aliens not science, not fact, not proof,
rather theories. Archeologists admit they do not know how the Great Pyramid was built.
For now, I call each side theorists.

New Threads

Top Bottom