• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ancient Aliens

mw2530

Has anyone ever watched these episodes? They are a little out there, but some things they say make some sense. There is a lot of knowledge the government keeps secret from the people, but it is hard to know how much exactly. Basically the people on the show believe aliens seeded planet Earth with humans many years ago. And that many of the gods written about in all the various cultures and civilizations were actually aliens. Also claims that the U.S. is in contact with other alien civilizations. Like I said, it is a little out there lol. But who knows.

My favorite part is when they attempt to legitimize a claim by citing "Ancient Alien Theorists" as the source of their information.

I have sometimes wondered if humans were genetically engineered by unknown (to us) aliens who combined DNA from earthly great apes with DNA from either themselves and/or other beings from other planets. Think about it, humans are so different from the great apes, yet there are some genetic similarities, but not as many as you'd expect with a direct genetic lineage. Humans are vastly more intelligent than the great apes, for example, and have built great civilizations. The apes have some social structures, but they are very primitive compared to ours. Already genetic researchers have found DNA in some forms of Homo Sapiens that are a complete mystery, nobody knows where the DNA came from. This idea is not new-in one of the original Star Trek episodes the Enterprise visits a planet that has been totally destroyed, and the few remaining "spirit" lives tell Kirk that humans were created from part of their DNA.

Panspermia :) Nonsense. I can believe that the seeds of life - the progenitors of self replicating proteins or even at a stretch, primitive bacteria arrived here on comets or the like, but the idea our species was seeded by aliens is pure fantasy. Ask yourself this question: if we did not evolve on this planet then this theory suggests life evolved on another distant planet and decided to seed our species as an act of will. Even if it were true it would not contradict evolution. It's just creationism by an alternative route.

My favorite part is the way the accent "extraterrestrial". But I do enjoy the show. I believe extraterrestrials could have come here at some point, but I don't think it is the only reason for the interesting things in the past they have found. I believe there have been many civilizations that have been wiped out over the history of the earth, many of which could have come much farther along than we are today.

I hear about conspiracy theories all the time because one of my brothers is a mentally ill conspiracy theorist! I'm not saying conspiracy theorists are mentally ill, they're separate things. But because of this, I've researched them a LOT! And the psychology for why people like them or believe them.

I've always preferred Occam's Razor. :)

But one time, I was on drugs for several weeks without pause, and I believed in aliens and some weird theory about there being two earths and two suns. It was SO disturbing. But I think it gave me insight and empathy into that world.

But I'm glad I didn't get stuck there! :eek:

I've watched it a few times, enough said, I believe very little of what they say... Admittedly it is fun to watch occasionally just for some interesting entertainment

Reminds me of overnight talk radio when they bring out the conspiracy theories on certain shows, cheap entertainment... :)

I watch it and a lot of it makes sense when we look back and ask HOW DID those ancient civilizations
create some of the architecture that we don't even know how to do today.
Was there a more advanced world of humans that somehow got lost along the way that we don't know about?
I can't imagine how some ancient culture in the jungles of South America running around with string saws and stone hammers could do what we can't.
An example I like is Machu Picchu. It appears it was built in two seperate times.
The lower layers ( which would have been laid first) contain the most modern and precise stone
cutting examples, the top most was mainly of a more ancient piling of rocks. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

The elongated skulls are interesting too. If they are all from head wrapping to create that particular look
why are there some that lack the cranial sagittal lines that humans have?

We are thinking of terra forming and are no where near the point of actually having the technology to
do it. If humans want to terra form, why wouldn't other civilisations?
It seems to be the great experiment along with genetic altering.

There is a lot in ancient history and evolution that is still not easily solved.
There are different ways life as we know it came to be that depend on beliefs.
I have no beef on any belief system. We're all free to think for ourselves.
It is all fascinating to me and the possibility of this planet being terra formed is not something
I rule out %100. Fact is there all lot we just don't know.
The show has allowed me to see architecture, ancient cultures and their ideas, places I would never
have seen in person and raises interesting questions.

Of course they are covering their behinds with the Ancient astronaut theorists say Yes, phrase.
That's what it is all about and theory in many intances.
Were advanced civiliazations from distant star systems here? Are they still?
I don't know, but, that's the point. I don't know. Therein is the mystery.

I believe that it is possible for life to exist in other parts of the universe, and that it probably does, but the distances are just too vast for them to reach us - unless there is something we missed in our understanding of how the universe works. I don't believe that there is such thing as a God either, but if God does exist, and was able to do all these things that the scriptures claim he was able to do, then he must be an alien with very advanced technology. I don't think that either are possible, again - unless there is something about the way the universe works that we are missing.

Last edited:
Sounds like a show I wouId enjoy watching, with the sound muted. ;) hehe
I would listen to some nice psy dub or psy trance and enjoy the spooky imagery and the views of the ancient architecture. :)

The OP's proposal was formulated in 1968 (if not earlier) in a book called "Chariots of the Gods?"

Extra-terrestrials that are revered as ancient "gods/goddesses" is a recurring sci-fi trope found in:
  • the Stargate (franchise),
  • the Star Trek (franchise),
  • Marvel comics,
  • DC comics, and
  • many more standalone narratives.

Sounds like a show I wouId enjoy watching, with the sound muted. ;) hehe
I would listen to some nice psy dub or psy trance and enjoy the spooky imagery and the views of the ancient architecture. :)
The archtectural examinations and stone cuttings are awesome to see OK.
There really isn't much spooky imagery though. Just ancient writing, paintings, skulls,
tours inside pyramids, stonework, heiroglyphs, mummification, DNA studies, etc.
I like it as a documentary of unexplained history type show.
Anything to do with space and physics really hold my attention.
Doesn't need anything to do with life forms elsewhere in the Universe.
I just like science, especially trying to understand the space/time physics and theories.
Dark matter is of special interest right now since it comprises over 90% of everything
and how it exerts its force on observable objects.

The OP's proposal was formulated in 1968 (if not earlier) in a book called "Chariots of the Gods?"

Extra-terrestrials that are revered as ancient "gods/goddesses" is a recurring sci-fi trope found in:
  • the Star Gate (franchise),
  • the Star Trek (franchise),
  • Marvel comics,
  • DC comics, and
  • many more standalone narratives.
Yes, I'm familiar with that book. The man who wrote it is on Ancient Aliens a lot.
Not only are the ideas of gods/goddesses and sky people in sci-fi, it's also a recurring theme to
all cultures through history in their writings also.
I guess people think of beings of a higher level as coming from above the planet. Or just "Out There."

.. (snip)...
There really isn't much spooky imagery though. Just ancient writing, paintings, skulls,
tours inside pyramids, stonework, heiroglyphs, mummification, DNA studies.... (snip)
That is exactly what I meant by spooky imagery lol. Chariots of the Gods type stuff as Crossbreed mentioned. :)

At the end of the day, we know so little. The knowledge of the universe seems almost limitless and infinite. It is crazy to think that of the 7 billion people here on earth or whatever, that none of us really know how or why we got here. Or what happens when we leave here. It is difficult to even comprehend. It seems impossible that we even exist. It is a strange world. I've always thought that the solutions to mankinds' most difficult problems are very simple. So I think perhaps the reasons why we are here and how we got here are are also very simple.

I find it hard to believe that after we leave this world that we are no more, that is the end. I don't see how that could be.

I love watching it, however, I see it as purely entertainment and don’t think there’s any legitimacy to their claims.

I have sometimes wondered if humans were genetically engineered by unknown (to us) aliens who combined DNA from earthly great apes with DNA from either themselves and/or other beings from other planets. Think about it, humans are so different from the great apes, yet there are some genetic similarities, but not as many as you'd expect with a direct genetic lineage. Humans are vastly more intelligent than the great apes, for example, and have built great civilizations. The apes have some social structures, but they are very primitive compared to ours. Already genetic researchers have found DNA in some forms of Homo Sapiens that are a complete mystery, nobody knows where the DNA came from. This idea is not new-in one of the original Star Trek episodes the Enterprise visits a planet that has been totally destroyed, and the few remaining "spirit" lives tell Kirk that humans were created from part of their DNA.

Actually Chimps share 99% of our DNA, and are far more intelligent than most people realise, as are gorillas, using tools, learning sign language, and besting humans at memory tests. The difference between the estimated IQs of the smarted chimps and gorillas (between 70 and 90) isn't very far off the human average of 100.

The reason we seem so unique is because all the other species of human are extinct, some driven extinct by our own species of course.

Seen it a few a times while in the southern states...
I think the count of Maybe's, perhaps's and possibly's, was over 90 per episode... lol

I guess it could function as decent introductory material however the internet dives way deeper on such matters. Ya it's littered with dis information agents but eventually you'll find an objective truth in the sea of lies. Keep swimming, find another truth. So on and so forth as you collect them and put the pieces together.

There was a show either created by or narrated by Morgan Freeman where he explores "mysteries of the universe!"... Already being neck deep into these subjects, noticed that they excluded many relevant things and outright ignored others. Spun fallacies. That's just like Ancient Aliens and other television programming that overtly explores "the mysteries". The answers to this cannot be televised in an obvious fashion and is typically hidden in allegory and metaphor.

Anyway, ya the government throughout the ages has destroyed, stolen, hidden and coveted knowledge for the purpose of power and control over the rest of us. This knowledge was meant for people of good moral character... good being. It could not be given to just anyone as it's so powerful the person can destroy themself. You gotta walk the path to get the reward. At some point, it fell into the wrong hands. The wrong hands spilled the blood of the past masters and used this knowledge to enslave others. Those who learned from those masters were executed under the guise of witchcraft / sorcery, heretic, anti-christ. Whatever.
Remnants have been scattered throughout... No matter how many books, texts or documents they destroy... no matter how much they try to control our minds... they cannot extinguish the connection to universal intelligence through deep meditative states which can allow you to download these secrets from the ether. But wow do they ever try hard. Distractions all over the effing place. So you don't choose to spend time with yourself. Sorry i said to much this probably seems obscure. Those not in the know will interpret it wrong lol

Last edited:
Seen it a few a times while in the southern states...
I think the count of Maybe's, perhaps's and possibly's, was over 90 per episode... lol

I guess it could function as decent introductory material however the internet dives way deeper on such matters. Ya it's littered with dis information agents but eventually you'll find an objective truth in the sea of lies. Keep swimming, find another truth. So on and so forth as you collect them and put the pieces together.

There was a show either created by or narrated by Morgan Freeman where he explores "mysteries of the universe!"... Already being neck deep into these subjects, noticed that they excluded many relevant things and outright ignored others. Spun fallacies. That's just like Ancient Aliens and other television programming that overtly explores "the mysteries". The answers to this cannot be televised in an obvious fashion and is typically hidden in allegory and metaphor.

Anyway, ya the government throughout the ages has destroyed, stolen, hidden and coveted knowledge for the purpose of power and control over the rest of us. This knowledge was meant for people of good moral character... good being. It could not be given to just anyone as it's so powerful the person can destroy themself. You gotta walk the path to get the reward. At some point, it fell into the wrong hands. The wrong hands spilled the blood of the past masters and used this knowledge to enslave others. Those who learned from those masters were executed under the guise of witchcraft / sorcery, heretic, anti-christ. Whatever.
Remnants have been scattered throughout... No matter how many books, texts or documents they destroy... no matter how much they try to control our minds... they cannot extinguish the connection to universal intelligence through deep meditative states which can allow you to download these secrets from the ether. But wow do they ever try hard. Distractions all over the effing place. So you don't choose to spend time with yourself. Sorry i said to much this probably seems obscure lol

Are you talking about the Theory of Attraction? This sounds like the intro to a "documentary" I saw on the subject.

New Threads

Top Bottom