• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

An Urban Stroll

Outdated

I'm from the other end of the spectrum.
V.I.P Member
I decided to go to the botanic gardens again. Last time I went there it was in the middle of summer and very hot, and I was grossly overweight and depressed. So I caught a train in to the city and then went for a walk. I love my local train station, it's so cute.

Urban 01.jpg

The first thing on my mind when I got in to the city was breakfast, so I decided to have a look in the central markets and see if anything took my fancy.

Urban 02.jpg

Urban 03.jpg

Urban 04.jpg

I wanted to buy some dark chocolate coated coffee beans, one of my favourite treats, but I managed to talk myself out of it and just took a photo of them instead. Not too many calories in a picture. Then through Victoria Square in the centre of the city, complete with a statue of the grand old dame herself.

Urban 05.jpg

Urban 06.jpg

There's some very interesting little shops in Adelaide and this lolly shop is a classic. It's difficult to get the whole shop in a photograph though because it's in a narrow little lane. I took some photo segments that should stitch together well, I'll have a play with them later on.

Urban 07.jpg

Through Rundle Mall and past the little fat pigs.

Urban 08.jpg

Urban 09.jpg

From there I strolled down to the botanic gardens. I thought they'd look really great in the beginning of spring but it was no better than last time I was there. In fact it was worse, the was lots of work going on and areas that were fenced off, the whole place stunk of phosphates, and there were that many people there that it was almost impossible to take a photo without people in it. I did take a few more pictures but nothing I want to show off.

From now on I'll only go there on really hot days when everyone else stays inside.

Still nice photos... Try going when it's not summer, what I call the "shoulder" seasons are often the best time for exploring... As many people are back into work/shool routines...

Still nice photos... Try going when it's not summer, what I call the "shoulder" seasons are often the best time for exploring... As many people are back into work/shool routines...
Slightly warmer climate here than you might be used to thinking of. Today is one of the first days of spring, 23 degrees Celsius, gentle breezes and no clouds. The weather was too perfect, there was people everywhere. There's hoardes of them. But when the temperature gets over about 37 they all start staying indoors.

Fortunately I like the heat and I don't get sunburn.

Lovely vicarious journey for us.

I’ve always wondered about the shoes over the telephone line thing.

The lolly shop in the alley is amazing.

Slightly warmer climate here than you might be used to thinking of. Today is one of the first days of spring, 23 degrees Celsius, gentle breezes and no clouds. The weather was too perfect, there was people everywhere. There's hoardes of them. But when the temperature gets over about 37 they all start staying indoors.

Fortunately I like the heat and I don't get sunburn.
Of course, the land down under, and your summer...

I've always wondered too, but it's something I've been seeing since the 70s and for some stupid reason seeing it is sort of comforting.

I was hoping someone knew the meaning.
That was one of the first things I noticed when I moved to Florida.
Shoes tied together and thrown over the lines.

Never saw it in any of the other states I've been to.
They are everywhere here.

I always thought it is a prank. If someone gets drunk, they take off his shoes and throw them on the telephone line. The point is to take off different articles of clothing and put them in places hard to access and/or that look funny. So for example on the washing line or on the chandelier or on the balcony railing. Sometimes the articles of clothing get hidden too. Something gets tucked into a vase. Things like that.

Beautiful pictures! Not only beautiful and interesting, but artistically composed as well.

So very nice. I particularly enjoy the lighting in the market.

So very nice. I particularly enjoy the lighting in the market.
I was honestly surprised that they turned out as well as they did. I was busy talking myself out of buying chocolate coated coffee beans and didn't think about the pictures too much, I didn't expect them to turn out well. I just put the camera in it's default Auto mode and let it do what it wanted.

New Threads

Top Bottom