• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

NoRMAN

Hello everyone! For now, you can call me 'Norm'. I'm happy this Forum exists.

I'm 36 and it was recently shared with me that I might be somewhere on the Autism Spectrum. I'm slowly (but surely) researching what it means to be on the spectrum in today's world, and I've been discussing it with my family. No diagnosis yet. I'm wondering if it's even beneficial to get a diagnosis at this point.

I'm anxious to hear everyone's experience with this peculiar thing that makes us (yes, I'm including myself for now) who we are, and I'm eager to share my experience for the sake of giving you an idea of where I'm coming from. Thanks!

upload_2019-11-17_10-59-6.png

Welcome to Autism Forums! I researched ASD for 2 years before I got a diagnosis. I felt like I was a Aspie, but I wanted to know for sure.

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

Many, like yourself, have hummed and hawed and weighed the pros and cons of getting an official diagnosis. Many prefer to stay Self Diagnosed as they also see no benefit to getting an official diagnosis done, or they find the process to be rather long, tedious and often expensive. Or they can't seem to find a Medical Professional who'll work with them, as many are stubborn pieces of work, or the doctor they're seeing has yet to learn more and be more educated about ASD; often than not it's best to find a Medical Professional who Specializes in Autism to make the process easier, as they do know what they're doing as ASD is their field of work.

All we can offer is, as you're seeking, our different experiences whilst living with ASD and experience getting an official diagnosis.

Regardless, welcome again!

New Threads

Top Bottom