• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Agreeableness and autism

I actually think I’m far more agreeable than the average person, mostly because I have an extreme aversion to conflict of any kind, no matter how minor, and will usually do whatever I can to avoid it (except for certain circumstances, for example I always let someone else choose where to eat but would not just let someone deliberately kick a cat that was outside. Violate my morals and all that agreeableness and submission vanishes.).

@dragonfire42 Do you realise there are others on the same spectrum that don't take orders without a logical reason and are also resistant to peer pressure?

Um... Yes... Not quite sure where I said or implied that I thought anything was just me, or was due to me being or other people not being on the autism spectrum, but if I did, that’s not what I meant. Just explaining how I am and why I think that is, not trying to say anything about anyone else.

Edit: I just went back and read the first post again and realized I may well have misinterpreted the tone of this post. Sorry about that. I don’t typically ask or check to see if people have officially been diagnosed, but there are certainly a fair number of people I think of as “autistic” who fit that profile. It seems to me like it could be some sort of subset of autism, or something.

Last edited:
I did the Big Five Test

Openness to Experience 3/100
Conscientious 1/100
Extraversion 1/100
Agreeableness 11/100
Natural Reactions 96/100

I never been accused of not being on the spectrum due to high aggreableness but also not many people know I am on the spectrum since I don’t tell many people I know in real life unless it’s on a need to know basis.
You certainly do seem very friendly for someone on the spectrum.

New Threads

Top Bottom