• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Afraid of death

Jordy

Does anyone else feel scared of death almost everyday? How does a normal person go about life whilst not full of anxiety and sadness everyday about the fact we are all going to die? I don't understand how anyone can function knowing this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did for years, and then I read the Seth material.

Worth a look if you're happy to approach with an open mind.

Ed

You don't have anything to contribute to this thread?
Yes.
1. Why worry over something You can't change.
2. What good is it doing you.
3. Would you really want to live forever in your present state anyway, Think about it.
4. If yes, Why? do you want to live forever. Will that make life more meaningful? to you.
5. Facts: You're temporal, you have to deal with it. Like everybody else. You can spend your time dwelling on it and feeling sad or you can focus on other things. It's all a choice.
6. Naturally, people don't think about Death all too much. Brain is hardwired not to. You might have a chemical imbalance of neurotransmitters. If you think about it everyday. Obsessively.
7. What were you before you were born? nothingness...? will you be the same after?

Last edited:
No, not a bit.

Been there.
Done that.
Twice in fact, then burned both of the t-shirts.
None of us gets out of life alive.

I don't really think about death often. My spirituality - prayer and meditation seems to help me with this. Death might be simply a deep letting go. A release. I was present at death of a relative once and I remember there was a strong feeling of peace. When the time comes it might be a relief to be done with this journey.

I'm starting to come to the conclusion their is more to death than meets the eye, at least from a physics perspective. in my search for how the universe works I have been following many leads so take me into weird places giving unusual insights. For those interested. Follow Claude Shannon. the clue information cannot be destroyed, the central premise of Quantum Mechanics. Claude thought he was working on understanding what information if, I believe he stumbled on something bigger and much more profound which others including myself are just starting to see. My stroke has given me some real insights in the last couple of years. every is starting to come together I have lots of time to think lately. the more I follow the various leads the clearer the picture gets know just enough mathematics to not go down blind alleys, the most common mistake the physicists make. I have been reading Peter Woits blog, apparently Edward Witten has been following the same lead on information theory. Nice to know I'M in good company, or a least on the right track.

Last edited:
Death is a natural part of life, and i think it can't be that bad. It's one of these things when you dread something before it happens and when it actually happens you are suddenly "ah, it was not scary at all i worried for nothing" i think like this

I find that most people who claim to not be afraid of death have dishonest concept of death and are consciously fooling themselves, you can't claim to not be afraid of my concept of death if you have a diffirent one, and we are not even having a conversation about the same thing.

I find that most people who claim to not be afraid of death have dishonest concept of death and are consciously fooling themselves, you can't claim to not be afraid of my concept of death if you have a diffirent one, and we are not even having a conversation about the same thing.

So, what you're saying is that your concept of death is the correct one?

Because anyone in their right mind would be terrified of that?

Popcorns time. :)

After I had my stroke, one of the side effects was a total feeling of being at peace, for months my fear of death completely disappeared, could be brain damage. not sure. currently feel i'm on borrowed time.

After I had my stroke, one of the side effects was a total feeling of being at peace, for months my fear of death completely disappeared, could be brain damage. not sure. currently feel i'm on borrowed time.
That's interesting, it seems that for most people a serious encounter with mortality will either significantly increase or decrease the fear of death.

Not to life is worse than death, as @Slim Jim detailed.

Any response to your OP question is a contribution. If you are not ready to respectfully listen, you should not ask.
I cannot ask a person to elaborate in a more meaningful way? (which he did). If you think i can't that's great, im not going to have an internet argument with you.

Last edited by a moderator:

New Threads

Top Bottom