• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A day at the American Museum of Natural History.

Gerald Wilgus

V.I.P Member
On our walk to the C line passed Lilly's, a Victorian Restaurant, decked out for Holloween.
20231017_093011.jpg

Then went to 81st and the Museum. The murals at the Museum station are fantastic.
20231017_133218.jpg

Then off to the exhibits. They are redoing their Invertebrate Palentology so our first stop was Vertebrate Paleontology. It was fabulous! The specimens were laid out cladistically, which shows the evolutionary relationships of the animals.
20231017_102522.jpg

Finally, while wandering around I saw a case of Trilobites. But I saw a mistake. One trilobite was identified as the wrong species. I wrote them to correct the classification.
20231017_113953.jpg

I used to go to the Museum of Natural History when I was a child. I am sure it is quite different now.
So right. The way dinosaurs are displayed has been revolutionized after the discoveried in the 80s. Plus, the organization of exhibits is done using cladistics that traces the points of evolutionary divergence between genera. I find it all exciting.

2003, we visited Manhattan for 2 weeks, it was lovely and everyone was so nice! One day we took the subway up to that very station. I dropped MME at Natural History then walked across the park to spend the day at the Metropolitan. We each had a wonderful day then met halfway in the park to tell all about it. We had an flat on 57th in a building with gargoyles <3.
Thank you for reminding me, NYC was one of our favorite trips.

Museums of Science and Natural History are so interesting.
Standing beside the dinosaurs really make you stop and think how it would have been to have been around them when they were alive.
Great photos!

New Threads

Top Bottom