• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A couple articles on autism

From the second article:

Respondents described mimicking others’ behaviors (based on personal observation or even films or television), planning ahead for conversations (such as asking others questions instead of talking about themselves), forcing themselves to make and maintain eye contact, consciously trying to display facial expressions that expressed certain emotions, and suppressing behavior like stimming.

I don't remember them interviewing me, but clearly they must have. I do every single one of these behaviors.

Either that, or I'm not alone.

I don't remember them interviewing me, but clearly they must have.
I loved that :D

I don't recall as much the facial expression thing...which makes me wonder whether I was getting it right naturally or if all my life people have wondered about me :p But the other things - yes.
Also, it IS exhausting. I'm middle-aged now and I am literally so exhausted with trying that I've backed out of much of it. I'm a homebody. Home's great because I can be myself and don't have to struggle.

Also, it IS exhausting. I'm middle-aged now and I am literally so exhausted with trying that I've backed out of much of it.

100% yes. I've shared this several times on this forum. Here I go again: When the counselor was writing my formal diagnosis and documenting what I had to do to get by, he thought to himself, "No wonder he's tired all the time."

New Threads

Top Bottom