• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A Beautiful Mind. Reflections of an Autistic

Rae Ray

V.I.P Member
Who's to say us Autistics are the one's with a disorder ? For Instance, why are Non-Autistic People unreliable when it comes to remembering a topic of interest or not to be focused. Hinting or saying things they don't mean or why do they do the most creepiest thing of all and want to stare into our eyes ?
Once you get to know us, you will see how caring we can be or how social we really are. Most of us see ourselves as good friends and are people who are interesting to be around. You ask us and one of the best things about an Aspies is our social interactions. When we use improvisation to relate with each other, People see as quirky, interesting, funny, and awesome individuals that we really are.
Psychology is transforming how we think of ourselves in the world today and what we ultimately can become !

N/T are not all unreliable or lacking in focus and some N/D struggle with 'friendships' due to theory of mind and lack of empathy, no absolutes for either camp and for myself my 'social interactions' with others is one of the things i stuggle with, for myself 'improvisation means 'masking' so i'm accepted and 'fit in' with varying degrees of success and often leaving me anxious and exhausted, i believe we are all capable of believing in ourselves and alknowledge your positive take on Autism.Most individuals use eye contact to give understanding and acknowledgement of a interaction, due to my single track processing i find this hard and often am unable to give eye contact and receiving it is uncomfortable.

...what we ultimately can become !

bivalves2.jpg

I think we will end up as a new species of Bivalve.

;)

N/T are not all unreliable or lacking in focus and some N/D struggle with 'friendships' due to theory of mind and lack of empathy, no absolutes for either camp and for myself my 'social interactions' with others is one of the things i stuggle with, for myself 'improvisation means 'masking' so i'm accepted and 'fit in' with varying degrees of success and often leaving me anxious and exhausted, i believe we are all capable of believing in ourselves and alknowledge your positive take on Autism.Most individuals use eye contact to give understanding and acknowledgement of a interaction, due to my single track processing i find this hard and often am unable to give eye contact and receiving it is uncomfortable.
My Apologies if I offended you. It was only to be lighthearted.

Last edited:
Who's to say us Autistics are the one's with a disorder ? For Instance, why are Non-Autistic People unreliable when it comes to remembering a topic of interest or not to be focused. Hinting or saying things they don't mean or why do they do the most creepiest thing of all and want to stare into our eyes ?
Once you get to know us, you will see how caring we can be or how social we really are. Most of us see ourselves as good friends and are people who are interesting to be around. You ask us and one of the best things about an Aspie is our social interactions. When we use improvisation to relate with each other, People see us as quirky, interesting, funny, and awesome individuals that we really are.
Psychology is transforming how we think of ourselves in the world today and what we ultimately can become !
If one is different in a way that is disadvantageous to thriving within the larger community, that's a disability. If you were different in a way that didn't put you at a disadvatage you wouldn't be considered to have a disability. My life would certainly have improved.

How one sees onself is a product of how others see us. We cannot all be Elon Musk. Most autistic people are just ordinary people and repeated rejection takes a toll. We do not all have that level of genius that makes a fascination with anime cat-girls cute instead of creepy.

If being ND did not usually bring with it big social problems - and other problems stemming from that - nobody would care and this forum would not exist.

I suspect Rae that this all related to people who are extroverted and or introverted. There are aspies who do well in social situations and others who do not.

You're going to get respondents who like what you have to say, and others who do not. As I've been more in the regular world, there was a time where I was very social and even enjoyed it at times. I can still walk into that world and function if need be, as I spent much of my life in it.

There's no need to take it down, they are your thoughts/words. And, some will disagree and others will take no offence.

Last edited:
I suspect Rae that this all related to people who are extroverted and or introverted. There are aspies who do well in social situations and others who do not.

You're going to get respondents who like what you have to say, and others who do not. As I've been more in the regular world, there was a time where I was very social and even enjoyed it at times. I can still walk into that world and function if need be, as I spent mouch of my life in it.

There's no need to take it down, they are your thoughts/words. And, some will disagree and others will take no offence.
too late. it was to be lighthearted and funny in a quirky kinda way. i am not here to hurt others

You're going to get respondents who like what you have to say, and others who do not. As I've been more in the regular world, there was a time where I was very social and even enjoyed it at times. I can still walk into that world and function if need be, as I spent mouch of my life in it.

it seems u must be miserable here for it to be ok to write your thoughts here

I only meant it as lighthearted and funny. I didn't take into account some of us may not be high-function as i am. so sorry for not thinking it through.
No worries i am literal and need 'LOL' to know you are being light hearted and 'funny' not sure this means i'm 'lower functioning and more about my presentation of Autism.

New Threads

Top Bottom