• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

4Chan vs. Tumblr

Riley

Note: I have a notoriously large and fragile ego. Jokes about/jabs at/insults towards something I'm interested in damages said ego.

Due to being lazy and having zero-to-bupkis idea of how Blogspot worked, I joined Tumblr. And now, I hate myself. I hate myself and I want to join 4Chan. What? Nobody likes Tumblr. And I want to be on the winning team.

4Chan has all the fun stuff; Sex, violence, death...Just...Freedom. Its members have actually solved crimes. Why wouldn't I want to be part of that?!

You wouldn't want to be on 4Chan because
nobody there is willing to filter out stuff you
would or might or think you might freak out over.

On the other hand, you're attracted to 4Chan due
to the rude and crude "fun" reputation it has.

4Chan can be very fast paced. Average lifespan
of a thread may be 15 minutes.

If, as I have seen, you find it too nerve wracking to
look things up online pertinent to your interests, I
don't think you'd find 4Chan a Riley-friendly experience.

Has the input of any other person ever altered your
thoughts? IDK . Rhetorical question, actually.

Last time I heard of a comparison between Tumblr and 4Chan was in this video, regarding a potential future that could still happen: (Warning - bad language, violence and the Nostalgia Critic)

I spent a long time on /b/ and /R9K/ before I came here. There is some beautiful, depressing, and horrid stuff that pops up on those forums from the guts and bowels of the internet. They are 1 in a thousand though. There is a lot of good-bad stuff, but to get to it, you have to sift through thousands of just plain bad stuff. Most of the time, it is just boring on those boards, and if yo are lucky, there might be one entertaining thread that comes up every week.
It's addcitive. There is something about that board that draws you in strongly. It is not somewhere you want to be daily. It's like a drug of an outlook on life. It doesn't do anything good for you.

Tumbler isn't much better, but at least the whole website isn't like that. After a few months of addiction, you change. to stay on that website for so long, there is no way you don't change.

Don't do it. It may sound like I am over exaggerating, but what I am saying is true. Don't do it to yourself.

I checked out 4chan once, but was turned off by the inappropriate stuff, plus I didn't like the format. I prefer Tumblr - there are some interesting blogs and conversations there, even if parts of the community are toxic.

I'd always pick tumblr, because on 4chan for every freedom and risqué humor, there's creepy stuff on there, and people commit just as much crime on there as they solve it. Ever heard of doxxing? It's pretty easy to for them.

I checked out 4chan once, but was turned off by the inappropriate stuff, plus I didn't like the format. I prefer Tumblr - there are some interesting blogs and conversations there, even if parts of the community are toxic.

I'd always pick tumblr, because on 4chan for every freedom and risqué humor, there's creepy stuff on there, and people commit just as much crime on there as they solve it. Ever heard of doxxing? It's pretty easy to for them.

Yeah! I always remind myself with similar arguments. Tumblr may be full of egotists and toxic weirdoes, but at the very least they're harmless. I've meant plenty of sane people on that site who actually spoke against the "typical" behaviors of the stereotypical members.

Why blame Tumblr itself for human nature? That's like saying video games cause people to commit crimes.

I spent a long time on /b/ and /R9K/ before I came here. There is some beautiful, depressing, and horrid stuff that pops up on those forums from the guts and bowels of the internet. They are 1 in a thousand though. There is a lot of good-bad stuff, but to get to it, you have to sift through thousands of just plain bad stuff. Most of the time, it is just boring on those boards, and if yo are lucky, there might be one entertaining thread that comes up every week.
It's addcitive. There is something about that board that draws you in strongly. It is not somewhere you want to be daily. It's like a drug of an outlook on life. It doesn't do anything good for you.

Tumbler isn't much better, but at least the whole website isn't like that. After a few months of addiction, you change. to stay on that website for so long, there is no way you don't change.

Don't do it. It may sound like I am over exaggerating, but what I am saying is true. Don't do it to yourself.

This isn't sarcastic in any way: I love how this sounds like a drug testimony PSA.

Note: I have a notoriously large and fragile ego. Jokes about/jabs at/insults towards something I'm interested in damages said ego.

Due to being lazy and having zero-to-bupkis idea of how Blogspot worked, I joined Tumblr. And now, I hate myself. I hate myself and I want to join 4Chan. What? Nobody likes Tumblr. And I want to be on the winning team.

4Chan has all the fun stuff; Sex, violence, death...Just...Freedom. Its members have actually solved crimes. Why wouldn't I want to be part of that?!
Just curious, which board would I go to if I am interested in criminology or crime solving? I don't have a whole lot of experience with 4chan, I found it difficult to navigate.

Oh boy 4chan is the trash bin of the internet and for good reason. I went there once and never went back after seeing the crap that went on there. Sex and violence is the start of it, It gets darker than that and that's what scared me away. There's people on there you don't want to mess with, One little misspoken or blunt thing accidental or not and bad things could happen. It's no joke.. It's like a gang in a lot of ways.

New Threads

Top Bottom