• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

23, not diagnosed yet but 99.99% sure I'm autistic

office-work

Just some random stuff about me: I'm currently doing an undergrad accounting degree and working as a customer service staff/supervisor at a grocery store. I had severe alcohol problems in the past but I am 5 months sober and very committed to an alcohol-free life. I'm excited to join this forum because I want to talk to people who have the same social issues I do. My social issues have made my life a lot harder. I am overall happy, and my social skills have slowly improved over time, but they are still an issue. I have an extremely obsessive mind too. I am a girl which can complicate things with autism.

Welcome. Read, find things that interest you, and join in. It's a nice place here.

1670118512702.png

Welcome. You should see some of the boys. They're a mess of emotions sometimes. Hehehe.

Welcome! Glad to hear that you're working on better lifestyle choices and that you're doing better. Hopefully you have the supports you need to continue moving in more positive directions :)

Welcome! I did my undergrad in accounting, too. How're you liking it? I understand it is a more popular career choice for autists.

HI and Welcome @office-work
Do make yourself at home - good to have you with us. There are quite a few women in the Forum so join in conversations and look at older threads.

Welcome!!

I can completely relate, I can’t imagine trying to uncode the am I aren’t I complex with everything you have going on and really hope you find the support you need!

I found this to be a really accommodating space, I’ve said it on another post but it’s the first time I felt seen or heard in a long time. I hope you find in comfort in all the weird and wonderful minds you come across x

Hi and welcome. Jessica Kingsley publishers catalogue has interesting books on autism and including books by and about women with Autism specifically, which may be helpful to find out more. I hope you enjoy it here and find it useful and supportive.

Hi! I'm new here as well, happy to be here with you :) Congratulations on your efforts at sobriety! Its a wild path to be on and I think you'll find acceptance and support here <3

Just some random stuff about me: I'm currently doing an undergrad accounting degree and working as a customer service staff/supervisor at a grocery store. I had severe alcohol problems in the past but I am 5 months sober and very committed to an alcohol-free life. I'm excited to join this forum because I want to talk to people who have the same social issues I do. My social issues have made my life a lot harder. I am overall happy, and my social skills have slowly improved over time, but they are still an issue. I have an extremely obsessive mind too. I am a girl which can complicate things with autism.
Welcome! I'm glad to hear you've overcome your alcohol issues--seriously, very glad for you. Alcoholism runs in my family and I swore from a young age that I'd never get into it (plus, my sensory issues strongly make me dislike carbonated drinks like beer, so...it's a win, I guess? :/)

May I ask: how do you feel working customer service? I did it for years, and it's what led me to burnout and discovery of my autism. Knowing this...I feel I can do it again if necessary.

New Threads

Top Bottom