• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

1990s Alternative Rock

Does anyone remember this hilarious and memorable performance by Nirvana at the VMAs?

They had been banned from singing "Rape Me", so they started the set with that, of course.

Kurt sings "I'm a turd" and "I'm so retarded." After a couple of stage divers, Krist threw his bass up in the air, and it came down and hit him on the head, knocking him to the ground.

They finish their set, and destroy their amps on live TV. Krist, bleeding and stumbling, comes back to the mic and yells "Hi Axl! Hi Axl!" Because Axl Rose had been calling them every day begging Nirvana to go on tour to open for Guns N Roses. They ended up with nearly a fist fight backstage.

Anyway, it was a great live set. One of the last true punk bands.

Last edited:
I do love that performance. There's a funny performance of "Teen Spirit" they did in Italy, touring for Nevermind. Instead of singing, "A denial," at the end, he sings, "A gelato! A gelato!"

More like one of the most highly overrated bands that did not deserve their popularity and only sounded good if you never heard Killing Joke, Swans, and Melvins.

You consistently moan in music threads instead of ignoring them. If people came in to your support threads and dumped on you, how would you like it?

I do love that performance. There's a funny performance of "Teen Spirit" they did in Italy, touring for Nevermind. Instead of singing, "A denial," at the end, he sings, "A gelato! A gelato!"
Isn't it charming, though? They're clearly these loser punk rock kids from a small Pacific Northwest logging town, recently famous. Here they are on TV, giving the finger to all of the New York Music Elite.

Oh and by the way, I always thought it was Crist Novoselic who stumbled over saying "Hi Axl!". Watching the video this time, I realized it was Dave Grohl.

A lot of people don't realize that the parents of Crist Novoselic of Nirvana were Bosnian. Here he is speaking Croat in an interview:

What do you think of the Manic Street Preachers? Their earlier material was punk, but they switched over to alternative rock.

Their lyricist disappeared in 1995. He was depressed. They never found him, and it's believed he jumped from a bridge notorious as a suicide spot, because his car was found abandoned near to that location.

The band however, continued to be successful with two number-one hits thereafter.

A lot of people don't realize that the parents of Crist Novoselic of Nirvana were Bosnian. Here he is speaking Croat in an interview:

I love Krist. His bass parts are so catchy and he's such a naturally funny person. It's so sad to see how reserved he is after Cobain's death, but I understand it.

What do you think of the Manic Street Preachers? Their earlier material was punk, but they switched over to alternative rock.

Their lyricist disappeared in 1995. He was depressed. They never found him, and it's believed he jumped from a bridge notorious as a suicide spot, because his car was found abandoned near to that location.

The band however, continued to be successful with two number-one hits thereafter.

I don't know if this is for Yeshuasdaughter or both of us, but I think they have some great songs. I tend to prefer different tracks than whole albums of theirs. I play "Peeled Apples" over and over.

All I wanna do is to thank you
Even though I don't know who you are
You let me change lanes
While I was driving in my car

~ Verse stuck in my head for the past 20 or so years.

That reminds me a little of "Airport" by The Motors. It's about a guy who seems to blame an actual airport for taking his girlfriend away.

I loved the spoken word songs of the 90s.

"Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard

Live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft"

New Threads

Top Bottom