• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

100Meg Download Speeds

mikkyh

If you can afford it, and you are in an enabled area, you will be able to get 100Mb speeds later this year...virgin media has revealed.

BT, what have you got ?

Obviously, the uptake may be a bit slow. Currently there are only 41,000 (rounded to the nearest thousand) customers that have taken the 50Meg package. But 100Meg is a bit of a jump up...wouldn't you say ?

Press release here: http://pressoffice.virginmedia.com/p...257&highlight=

Fairly sure I won't live in the right area for that... but I really wouldn't mind a connection that fast. :D

anyone who lives in a virgin media cabled area will be able to get 200mb/s down and 50mb/s up pretty soon, i would hold out for that

anyone who lives in a virgin media cabled area will be able to get 200mb/s down and 50mb/s up pretty soon, i would hold out for that

They're doing a trial for 200Meg now, in Kent, I think. But the soonest we'll be getting that is 2011. Additionally, I'm not sure they'd get the uprate that high. I mean, 20meg package = 720Kbps uplink and 50meg package = 1.5Mbps uplink.

What I'm waiting for is an SDSL connection. Aaaah. The beauty of it. But aaaargh. The price of it :p

Awesome! :D I'm definitely going to need it since my brother is a heavy heavy gamer and I love to watch HD movies but I can't watch em due to the fact we have CONSTANT lag. :(

no, no, no

what you really want is to have a few 56k circuit switched lines to your house, trust me on this thats what you want, i actually know my **** when it comes to networking :D

hygtrfbrefdcxas.png

Lmao.

I can't wait for the day 1ms pings for gamers is possible - globally.

What I'm waiting for is an SDSL connection. Aaaah. The beauty of it. But aaaargh. The price of it :p

no, no, no

what you really want is to have a few 56k circuit switched lines to your house, trust me on this thats what you want, i actually know my **** when it comes to networking :D
...and with that - let the tech wars begin!   :rofl:

Remember folks, the "up to" plays a very important part in this.   :p

nahh with all the cable and broadband and whatnot you still have high latency, with circuit switched connections you have practically no latency, and for anyone who games, lower latency wins

Ping ? I get 9ms most of the time...11ms on a bad day. But I never get less than 19.40Mbps (and around 2.1MB/sec through IE) even during peak times, on my 20meg package. Virgin media is good. But their customer service agents are arses :)

if virgin media operated on a circuit switched network then you would have a very maximum of 2ms ping, but they don't, they use a packet switched network

My ping on games like css is rarely above 30ms on my home connection. About average/what you'd expect really.

New Threads

Top Bottom