• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

YouTube annoying videos get millions of views.

Tony Ramirez

Single forever. Friends?
V.I.P Member
I noticed that YouTube videos you know the annoying ones where during the video it zooms in, speed up speech, video turns black and white, some meme comes on, faces are distorted, and the video purposly skips and repeats certain words like a broken record. I thumbs down these videos, but I don't think it makes a difference.

Wait, just what sorts of videos do you mean? The description sounds like some sort of video that is the result of an editing disaster.

Is it like some sort of clip compilation? I cant think of anything else that fits that description. Got any examples?

Huh.

Do they have "YTP" in the title? It generally stands for "Youtube poop". Yes, that's a deeply stupid phrase.

That type of video is intentionally stupid, sewn together with screwball editing because... er... I have no idea why.

I've been using Youtube for so many years now, and even I cant understand why those are popular. But I know there are a LOT of them. And of course there are other videos of the same type that simply dont have "YTP" in the name.

That being said, it really is frustrating when utter garbage makes it to the front page and such, while actual good stuff gets mostly ignored.

I don't know what you did for the algorithm to feed you this crap but
Seriously you should delete your youtube data and start over.

Because those videos are loved by kids aged 11-17, who will watch those videos over and over and show them to all their friends at school. Immature videos made for kids.

The worst thing is those annoying NTSC test patterns with the loud beep. Really stupid. Just do a EAS test in your video to annoy us more.

Or they will record the video in 4k but keep inturrupting it with some 256 color low res animated gif or low resolution 240p video clip during the video.

Last edited:
The worst thing is those annoying NTSC test patterns with the loud beep. Really stupid. Just do a EAS test in your video to annoy us more.

Agreed. This one always drives me nuts, as someone sensitive to sound.

There's certain videos that, for the most part, I really like, however they're kinda ruined by the creator doing that. Like, they could do just a simple transition, a silent "pop" moment, but noooooo, they decide that !!!!!BLEEEP!!!!! is a better transition.

I dont get it.

I watch only science. Astronomy , Engineering and refurbishment of electronic toys / electronic circuits.
Luckily, I've found mostly good ones :)

You know what videos are really annoying me that could be good those ones that are 10 to 15 seconds. Really what happened in making a 10 minute video not 10 seconds.

You know what videos are really annoying me that could be good those ones that are 10 to 15 seconds. Really what happened in making a 10 minute video not 10 seconds.
I think we have stupid tick-tock, and other similarly formatted sites to thank for that. It is totally unfair for me to call it stupid, because I have never actually checked it out first hand, but through second hand commentary I have quickly learned that the format on many of those platforms is very short videos. Then, they want to try to get them to their YouTube audience too, and so just pop them on there. I despise them, for my part. I find the YouTube Shorts feature absolutely obnoxious, too.

Not just short YouTube videos, but also some documentaries. They have annoying background music to try to make it more dramatic, blinding flashes between scenes, and often metal-on-metal sound effects that really mess up my brain, sudden speeding up and rapid scene changes (I don't know editing terminology and find it hard to explain). I've discovered that watching them on my computer and reducing the screen to a really small size, and turning down the volume can help.

annoying background music to try to make it more dramatic, blinding flashes between scenes, and often metal-on-metal sound effects that really mess up my brain
Yes. And it seems as though many of these sound and visual affects come from some sort of common editing software. They are the same sounds and editing techniques across videos. It is like some horrible trend and everyone is just copying each other at this point.

Absolutely grating.

You know what really is ticking me off and I will most likely stop using YouTube completely is that people keep posting videos wearing face masks. No matter what I search for I get some idiot or idiots wearing masks in the thumbnail video or when I go to watch the video it shows them right away wearing them.

You know what really is ticking me off and I will most likely stop using YouTube completely is that people keep posting videos wearing face masks. No matter what I search for I get some idiot or idiots wearing masks in the thumbnail video or when I go to watch the video it shows them right away wearing them.
I agree that it makes no sense to make a video wearing a face mask if you are in your own home. If it was made in a public place under lockdown, however, it may have been mandatory to wear a face mask.

I agree that it makes no sense to make a video wearing a face mask if you are in your own home. If it was made in a public place under lockdown, however, it may have been mandatory to wear a face mask.

Dang it, I thought you guys were talking about ninjas.

My algorithm must be pretty different from yours.

I agree and if it was mandatory then you stop filming.

New Threads

Top Bottom