• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your normal body temperature

Mine’s around 97.2 F. I feel quite feverish at 98.6. Plus my body is extremely reluctant to run a fever, making it look like I’m not near as sick as I actually am (for example when I was in college one day I went in to the student health center because I was pretty darn sure I had strep throat, but they insisted my temperature wasn’t high enough for that to possibly be the case, and they barely even glanced in my throat before sending me on my way. Yeah, guess who was back five days later because her temperature had shot up to 103 literally overnight. Amazing how much more seriously they took me then (and then they would do a strep test, and it turned out that I did have strep, after all))

This is infuriating. Strep is generally really easy to diagnose or at least suspect enough for a test - it stinks to high heaven and you have a bunch of white crap in your throat. It takes literally 5 seconds to look and say "yes this is worth testing to confirm". Probably less time than it takes to get out the thermometer.

Mine runs around 97.8

My tolerance to heat was never that great, and I have experienced heat exhaustion symptoms several times, though I did ok generally in drier conditions. These days it is very heat sensitive.

I once had a fever go as high as 109 degrees when I came down with Mountain Tick Fever after hiking high up out west. Then got to enjoy almost 2 days on ice literally in the hospital. :D

They say at that temp you can get brain damage, but I didn't notice any change. Must have hit the vacant NT sectors.

This is infuriating. Strep is generally really easy to diagnose or at least suspect enough for a test - it stinks to high heaven and you have a bunch of white crap in your throat. It takes literally 5 seconds to look and say "yes this is worth testing to confirm". Probably less time than it takes to get out the thermometer.

In their defense, the kind of strep I’m most prone to getting is not the most common type, I don’t think I typically get the white gunk with it. Usually they do a swab, run the rapid test that only tests for the most common strains, it comes back negative, they’ll prescribe me antibiotics anyway and say they’ll call if the longer test shows that I need no/different antibiotics, and I don’t recall ever having the doctor’s office call after that, so I’m guessing I get a less common type. But when I came in the second time, they said with a temperature that high, and my presenting symptoms, I had to either have strep or mono. It’s interesting how heavily they rely on body temperature for diagnosis of illnesses.

In their defense, the kind of strep I’m most prone to getting is not the most common type, I don’t think I typically get the white gunk with it. Usually they do a swab, run the rapid test that only tests for the most common strains, it comes back negative, they’ll prescribe me antibiotics anyway and say they’ll call if the longer test shows that I need no/different antibiotics, and I don’t recall ever having the doctor’s office call after that, so I’m guessing I get a less common type. But when I came in the second time, they said with a temperature that high, and my presenting symptoms, I had to either have strep or mono. It’s interesting how heavily they rely on body temperature for diagnosis of illnesses.

They rely too much on body temperature in my opinion. I've been thinking about it with the Covid situation...if I got it (actually, I may have had it back in April but that's another story) I doubt I would have gotten a fever. I can have every single influenza symptom and feel like death (the swollen lymph nodes make it obvious that something is definitely wrong) and no fever.

My regular temperature is 37c, but I often feel feverish and sweaty. I've been to the dr about it, buy I never register a high temperature, so it's not technically a fever. I dunno what's wrong with me. I get a scratchy throat with it too, but no white infection in my tonsils.

For me it is not "normal" if it goes over 37 in the morning or over 37,3 in afternoon and rarely measures below 36,5.

I get a forehead scan every night when I go in to work, and I'm usually about 97.8F, give or take.

Up to my early 40s, my normal was 99.6 F. It abruptly changed in my 40s to 97.2

I sometimes get strange events with mild chills, muscle aches and 37,5 degree fever that pass in few hours and no ilness develops.

New Threads

Top Bottom