• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your funny asd behaviours.

Since everyone are talking about ants, one bizarre thing I did as a kid was placing two different species of ants into the one container. Those were large sized ants, it was a yellow bodied sugar ants and the red bodied bulldog ants together.

bull-ant-alert_big.jpg

Bulldog ants

sugar-ant_big.jpg

Sugar ants

Each of those ants are almost an inch long. Due to it's similarities, I one day did have those ants share the same container, it was WAR. Just an experiment on the fact that ants are just as racist as most people are. The bulldog ants killed off three sugar ants. Then I added 24 sugar soldier ants, the 3 bulldog ants were defeated.

I use to have an obsession with ants and other small bugs and stuff, but I also used to bully them and hurt them, kill them, even.

I feel so horrible and guilty about it!!!

The last time I did things like that was 2nd grade.

Ha! Awesome question! Lovely story about the ants~
I eat my foods in threes, fives, or tens. Also if I get foods like skittles, I need one of each colour, and eat them in the order of the rainbow - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet. This latter "quirk" has been so noticed by my friends, they'll already have one of each lined up for me, if they're handing out food.
... I also find it hard to mix my foods if they are served separately, even on the plate.

I eat my foods in threes, fives, or tens. Also if I get foods like skittles, I need one of each colour, and eat them in the order of the rainbow - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet. This latter "quirk" has been so noticed by my friends, they'll already have one of each lined up for me, if they're handing out food.
... I also find it hard to mix my foods if they are served separately, even on the plate.

Me too
Especially with the Skittles, yes!

When I eat a meal, I always eat all of one thing before going to the next. Even if we just go get a burger and fries, I will eat one and then the other. My wife has asked me why I do that for over forty-five years. I tell her that I do not know, although at this point I think it is just habit.

When I eat a meal, I always eat all of one thing before going to the next. Even if we just go get a burger and fries, I will eat one and then the other. My wife has asked me why I do that for over forty-five years. I tell her that I do not know, although at this point I think it is just habit.
Ah! Do you also have a certain order in that? Mine is; starches first, then vegetables, and then the meats.

I eat my foods in threes, fives, or tens. Also if I get foods like skittles, I need one of each colour, and eat them in the order of the rainbow - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet.
I used to do this with smarties and other coloured sweets as a kid, but I ate them from light coloured to dark coloured.

New Threads

Top Bottom