• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your funny asd behaviours.

Iamnotarabot

Well I want to do another post because I like to talk with you a lot.

So let's go :

Yesterday My father told me that I could spend an entiere hour following ants'trails( is that a thing? But ants in line to be clear) , find an entrance of the nest and just looking at them endlessely.

And yeah I clearly remembered it when he told me that, I also remember that one day I blocked an entrance of a nest and I felt so bad about it that I re opened it couple of minutes after!

That also reminded me that last year when I passed the exams for the last year of my degree , I used the same boxer ( A BLUE ONE OCF, and its still my favorite boxer.It feels magical for some reason ) because I felt it gave me some luck/made me better.

Are thoses behaviours little ASD things? Did you have weird behaviours that you think are related to ASD?

Was the ant thing when you were young.? My mom says I would do that, spend an incredible amount of time when I was somewhere between 2 and 4 watching ants. Just lay on my belly and do nothing else. Don't guess I followed the lines so much as just watched them march by.

Yes it was when I was little like before 12 I was still doing a lot after 8YO , and even yesterday my father remember that because we passed by a trail of ants and so he remembered it, and even now I still feel some kind of attraction like just seing one of the ant borrowing something make me exited, it feels fascinating even now.

Yes it was when I was little like before 12 I was still doing a lot after 8YO , and even yesterday my father remember that because we passed by a trail of ants and so he remembered it, and even now I still feel some kind of attraction like just seing one of the ant borrowing something make me exited, it feels fascinating even now.
My husband doesn't like ants:(. It's fun though to have a neat little line of them going through the kitchen. At least I think it's nice. And I used to live on a gravel road and there would be these really dense lines working there way across. And I have seen ant hills on the side of the road in Wyoming where they seem to build out of small gravel, but perhaps it is really just large grain sand. Ant's are great little critters.

All this talk of ants makes me think I should tell an ant story.

When I was working in the Cayman Islands for the government there, I was invited to the Governor's house for lunch. It was soon after I started working and I was extremely nervous I might do something to embarrass myself or the department I worked for. No one I knew was going with me and I couldn't refuse such a gracious invitation. Well, being a punctual person I got there somewhat early. I was given a glass of fresh limeade and seated at one of many tables by myself. So there I sat, slowly sipping my limeade and surveying the place settings to be sure I knew which piece of silverware was which. Then I noticed a line of tiny sugar ants marching across the table in single file.
Well, I thought, how formal can this be if there are ants on the table?

When I was a kid I'd get dragged along to family functions. I was always the youngest there and I hated people anyway, so one of my favorite things to do during that time was watch the ants. Sometimes follow them back to their anthills, or wherever they were going, sometimes just watch them go. I remember being profoundly fascinated by ants as a child.

Ants? Did someone say ants? I LOVE ANTS!

Well it has its ups and downs like all relationships do of course. Currently they have made there annual spring invasion of the house (little black house ants). I hate using ant traps, pesticides, but nothing else works and even then it takes many tries. We tried speading cinnamon which does kinda steer them away from spots, but only so they move to new ones. I don't like diatomaceous earth because how it actually works seems cruel to me.

bi·o·mass (noun)
  1. the total mass of organisms in a given area or volume.
Did you know that it is estimated that half the biomass of the entire earth is ants?

Featured-180129-Hellstrom.jpg

I used to watch ants too, and other crawling insects. I used to do all sorts of experiments as a kid - diverting the ants, wetting them, mixing various substances together that I could find round the house - all just to see what would happen. One kind of experiment that I now deeply regret was that I used to pull the wings off house flies or their legs to see what they would do - it didn't occur to me at the time that this might be cruel and wrong.

I do have a strange thing that I do - I get excited and very stimulated by something, I just suddenly up and run across the room and I sometimes flap my hands. Or I make strange noises just because I like it.

I used to watch ants too, and other crawling insects. I used to do all sorts of experiments as a kid - diverting the ants, wetting them, mixing various substances together that I could find round the house - all just to see what would happen. One kind of experiment that I now deeply regret was that I used to pull the wings off house flies or their legs to see what they would do - it didn't occur to me at the time that this might be cruel and wrong.

I do have a strange thing that I do - I get excited and very stimulated by something, I just suddenly up and run across the room and I sometimes flap my hands. Or I make strange noises just because I like it.

But you regret that behavior now. I think you can forgive yourself finally. Nearly all did stupid cruel things as kids.

One kind of experiment that I now deeply regret was that I used to pull the wings off house flies or their legs to see what they would do - it didn't occur to me at the time that this might be cruel and wrong.

Did you mean crane flies or daddy long legs?

Same here, but they kind of detach their own legs.... If you hold onto them .

When I was a child, I would randomly hum my favorite prog rock songs without realizing it. That got me into some trouble in school, actually. Heh.

Well it may also be related to the urge some people on the spectrum have to dismantle things to understand them somehting like that.

But it depends on the age you had when you were doing that, I mean , I was maybe 10 or 11 already when I blocked the entrance and felt bad about it minutes later ^^'.

I realy rarely flap my hands but more often when I get excited I feel the urge to jump and walk around a room ; sometimes I just ran around the room to "reconnect" also.

So ants are a thing here? I remember during my test I was asked about playing with worms. I had a weird fascination with garden snails. I would go out and find where alle the snails were after the rain and run back home to fetch salt to disolve them. It wasn't funny, but I never felt bad about them either. It just had to be done somehow.

My hobby was to open up all electric equipment specifically clocks to see what made them work. I would open up and fix and think of how to modify things.

Well, I used to have a great fascination with snails more than ants. I used to go around the neighbourhood, especially my grandma's garden and fetch whole buckets of them and just watch how they slowly uncoiled and moved. I remember that I especially liked big type of snails, almost white in colour and with brown shells.

There's just something calming in watching snails go around. I even used to have pet snails, although I prefered to watch them outside more than at home and ended up releasing all of them 'back to the wild'.

Twirling my hair.
Ah! I was thinking of this yesterday. I had this habbit of twirling my hair in to little dreadlocks for the longest time. I still do it occasionally when very stressed. I was thinking it might have been a stim. I remember many many haircuts because of my hair tangling up. I don't remember how I came around to stop doing it.

New Threads

Top Bottom