• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your forum has so many adverts that its annoyingly impenetrable

Calrid

I get you need sponsors, nothing exists in a vaccum but endless spam so your site becomes unnavigable? Why? and for what reason do you make your sight a festival of spam where you can't read anything? Or even do anything, it's so annoying that it becomes a sea of spam.

What makes it worse is you know exactly how people with forms of autism are like they see everything at once, so you decide to spam them with everything at once to make them feel chill. It's disgusting this is not an autism forum at all you have no regard for people with autism.

I'm sorry that this has been so difficult for you.

One thing I can tell you is that this website recently had some sort of update/overhaul, and that caused many things to change incidentally. For example, "New Threads" was not on the side of the screen when the update first happened, which bothered me. Suddenly, it's back! As far as I understand, the excessive ads began after the update as well. I have no knowledge of their intention to fix it or what they plan to do about it, but I know it hasn't been long. I can't relate because I have the premium membership or whatever it's called, which eliminates ads.

In the meantime, I heard one member suggest an ad blocker. I have no experience with them but they've been spoken highly of here.

Another option is to wait it out and come back later, checking in every once in a while to see if things have improved. There have been several complaints about this so you're not alone. I would be just as angry if I were you.

I ended up paying a subscription and only could do so, due to the price. Had it been ridiculous, I would have had to download an ad block.

There are no adverts now and so my mind can rest. However, they did change the overall look on here and in truth, that caused a bit of sensory issue with me.

I'm sorry that this has been so difficult for you.

One thing I can tell you is that this website recently had some sort of update/overhaul, and that caused many things to change incidentally. For example, "New Threads" was not on the side of the screen when the update first happened, which bothered me. Suddenly, it's back! As far as I understand, the excessive ads began after the update as well. I have no knowledge of their intention to fix it or what they plan to do about it, but I know it hasn't been long. I can't relate because I have the premium membership or whatever it's called, which eliminates ads.

In the meantime, I heard one member suggest an ad blocker. I have no experience with them but they've been spoken highly of here.

Another option is to wait it out and come back later, checking in every once in a while to see if things have improved. There have been several complaints about this so you're not alone. I would be just as angry if I were you.
I have two ad blockers. Used to catch most of the pop-ups but they've figured a way around it. I really think they are trying to force us to be premium members and drive the free riders away.

I use my phone to navigate the website but upon using my PC, yes you are right there is a flood of adverts popping up. It can be very distracting. I hate adverts anyways, find them intrusive. YouTube was fine till about 5-6 years ago when we started to get them and now it's worse than watching TV. Trying to force people into a subscription.

Either get a free adblocker extension from the app store, or buy a lifetime membership for $10. Either one will take away all the ads.

If you have a friend on the forums, they might even buy you a lifetime membership!

My favorite adblocker is "Ublock Origin".

You can even enable dark mode on the site with the extension "Dark Reader".

I was given a V.I.P. membership by a fellow forum member long before
the change in how the site looks and works.
There are no ads with a membership.
Adjusting to the new look was difficult enough.

Membership is worth the price for sure.

From the thread cited in Post #10:

1659277340665.png

In order to fix issues, it helps if people will be specific
about what they see happening on the page. Just
cursing and raving isn't informative.

From the thread cited in Post #10:

View attachment 82807

In order to fix issues, it helps if people will be specific
about what they see happening on the page. Just
cursing and raving isn't informative.

New comers to a site aren't really going to be likely to go through all the steps listed to solve a problem with a site that they have just found. A few might tell you there is a problem, the rest will just take one look and leave. Very rarely will any copy the URL, take a screenshot, and look up the version number of their browser.

New comers to a site aren't really going to be likely to go through all the steps listed to solve a problem with a site that they have just found. A few might tell you there is a problem, the rest will just take one look and leave. Very rarely will any copy the URL, take a screenshot, and look up the version number of their browser.

That would be unfortunate, all the way around.

Specifics generally are more useful in solving a technical
issue, more useful than emotional generalizations.

It really isn't up to site visitors to debug the site. Adverts that are too obtrusive might encourage people to pay for membership or they will use an advert blocker.

More likely is that they may not bother to look around long enough to see any value in the site and just go elsewhere.

What they are most unlikely to do is provide you with comprehensive debug information, despite your desire that they will.

maybe I should just write nothing, but I´m emotionally triggered lol

always the people who did least for the forum, cry the most about it. and what are 10 dollars? that´s nearly nothing. unless you´re chintzy like dagobert duck or mister burns from simpsons.

I don´t think that the forum needs this grumpy and begrudging behavior.

the moderators work voluntary and for free and do a good job. this forum is a very good forum in my opinion.

I use one adblocker (uBlockOrigin) and never had ads when browsing on my laptop. now I anyway have vip membership.

it really riles me that some people are that begrudging and chintzy.

very unsympathetical.

either support the forum or when not, be intelligent enough to block the ads with an adblocker. but when you don´t accomplish that, then it´s probably your fault.

people who think that they can be cocky and the forum would need every single one of them. don´t overestimate yourself. people who always just are cocky and crying, support the forum least and steal precious time from moderators, which could spend them on much more important things otherwise.

people who think that they would be heroes, because they revolt against the "bad" ads and moderators.

but in truth, you are just cocky, chintzy and begrudging and your help to the forum is equal to the freezing temperature of water.

Last edited:
The thing about providing technical information must be geared more towards the already existing members.

Hmmm... something just happened and I haven't had a pop-up ad all day. Something changed.

I don't mind ads but when they get so thick I can't see posts or important buttons get hidden or they simply crash my browser, that's too much. Facebook doesn't do it. Twitter doesn't do it. Reddit doesn't do it. Why should Autism Forums suddenly decide to blanket my entire screen with ads to the point where the site is almost useless?

New Threads

Top Bottom