• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your favorite videogames of all-time?

Arcade: Star Wars
Atari2600: Asteroids
Zx Spectrum: The Hobbit
PC: Tomb Raider
Playstation: Star Wars Dark Forces (think that was its title?)
Ipad: Galaxy on Fire

Ive been around a while.... :D

Castlevania I - III, Super Castlevania IV, Kid Dracula, Super Mario 3, Ninja Gaiden 2 and 3
Neverhood (for PC)

SOCOM I and II were the only games I played back when PS2 was the thing. On PC the best game IMO was Battlefield 1942. I probably logged hundreds of hours into both of those games. Now I play so much I can't play them all very often. Also, the Metal Gear series was the most glorious series to be written and created.

If you see this Arashi, you would so love Neverhood since you like Myst, Riven, and Exile. I like Myst, never been able to play the other two!

This seems to be as good a place as any for my first post :)

You guys have great taste in games! It's been fun reading through and seeing a lot of the same stuff I've been playing, and even some new stuff that I will definitely check out.

I grew up in a Nintendo household, so that's stuck with me although I've swung more towards PS3 the later years. My all-time favorite games would have to include:

NES
Castlevania
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers (Fun and easy co-op)
Contra
Super C
DuckTales
DuckTales 2
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda: Outlands (Amazing fan repro, quite difficult)
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Mega Man 2
Metroid
Ninja Gaiden (Can't beat it, but still great :D)
Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos
StarTropics
Super Mario Bros. 1-3
Sweet Home (Unconventional japanese RPG)

SNES
Donkey Kong Country 1&2
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda: Parallel Worlds Remodel (Another incredible fan repro)
Secret of Mana 2/Seiken Densetsu 3
Super Castlevania IV
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Metroid
Zombies Ate My Neighbors (The ultimate co-op experience)

N64
Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Donkey Kong 64 (Collecting stuff in full-on Aspie mode)
Gauntlet Legends (Underrated co-op gem)
GoldenEye 007
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Perfect Dark
Super Mario 64
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
Wave Race 64

Doom 3
Dead Space
Dead Space 3
Lost Planet 3
Zoo Tycoon 2
Roller coaster Tycoon 1 & 2
Battlefield: 1942
Call of Duty: World at War
Quake
Quake 2
Crash Bandicoot
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
Neverwinter Nights and expansions - (god I miss this game)

Last edited:
My favourite of all time was Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped, i must have finished it a dozen times, with all the time trials and what not, i still like some of the ones after warped, but after naughty dog stopped making them i lost interest, mostly because the animation for the super spin changed, also loved doom 3 (ID need to do more horror games like this, i loved how you had to choose between holding the flash light or your weapon), battlefield 1942 and vietnam, grand theft auto (San Andreas is still my favourite) and have always been a massive fan of gran turismo, but if i had an X-Box i'd play forza instead, as gran turismo's audio is horrible, i liked the return to castle woflenstien, and all of the fallout series (but i can only play them once, once it isnt new to me any more i loose interest) and for year's i was addicted to runescape (browser based MMORPG)

these day's i play alot of battlefield 4 online and the latest Sim City, but i spend more time researching nissan skylines, playing with my RC car's and riding/working on motorbikes, so i don't play games as much as i used to.

Command and Conquer
Deus Ex-The Invisible War
Madden Football
Vietcong 1 and 2
Battlefield
Battlefield Vietnam
Medal of Honor
Call of Duty
Empire Earth [and later versions by different developers]
Elite Warriors-Vietnam
Pearl Harbor-played on Win 98 [best airplane game I played]
Civil War by Sierra?-played on Win 98

Any airplane game that actually worked...
Combat aircraft of WW2 -by Microsoft? not sure on the games name
Any game I played with my son or watched him play
Train game-my son loved that one
I can think of 25 or 50 more as I bought my son $10,000 worth of games

I escaped into video games. I loved those worlds more than the real one.

Final Fantasy VII & IX
Dragon's Lair
Tomb Raider I & II
Spyro
Crash Bandicoot
Oldschool Sonic and Super Mario
Gears of War
Bioshock
Silent Hill 3
Tekken
Oldschool PC games like Commander Keen, Hocus Pocus and Jazz Jackrabbit

Starfox SNES
Banjo Kazooie
Super Mario Galaxy
Resident Evil 4
Xenoblade
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

Got to be the sims series.

I actually really struggled with the Sims. I played two of the games (The original on PS2 and The Sims 2: Pets on GBA) and gave up on both of them. Trying to make sure I got what I needed for my house, got enough sleep and money and making sure I got to the toilet in time was a nightmare and I couldn't do it.

I actually really struggled with the Sims. I played two of the games (The original on PS2 and The Sims 2: Pets on GBA) and gave up on both of them. Trying to make sure I got what I needed for my house, got enough sleep and money and making sure I got to the toilet in time was a nightmare and I couldn't do it.

Oh right, well you don't have to worry about that as much in the sims 3 tbh. I love the whole creative aspect of it all like you can give them personality traits and stuff but hey that's just me.

With the Sims (1) I simply went straight for the cheat codes just so I could develop elaborate homes. Had no real interest in the Sims themselves.

Did the same with Sim City...although it was fun to attempt to maintain a large and elaborate city for a long time. Guess I had no patience to start from scratch!

Spy Hunter was my first favourite in the arcade, Attic Attack was my first favorite at home (or Underwurld zx48k), doesn't look too good any more though: )
In the years since then I would say the game I played most was Quake followed by San Andreas and I think my all time best is HL2, by quite a big amount, like massive . I have enjoyed the new GTA5 a lot but got a little bored before my PS3 died.
Still play Pacman ... Flash Pacman Black Ops was good too. AND Goldeneye was AMAZING and Zelda Link To The Past.. I have an emulator for SNES which I can still play that and every other game too on my mac... too many I still love. I am starting to obsess just thinking about them, like tastey food. mmmmmmm

Gotta be Fallout: New Vegas.
The controls are clunky, there are a billion glitches, there seems to be a greater selfish reward for being selfless which is kinda pointless, and sometimes if you forget to save for ages, it is really ****ing annoying to have to go through all of it again.
But it has an amazing story, theme, character creation, fun characters to talk to, rewarding combat, crazily awesome ideas, and it was considered a pretty difficult game, so when i go full demigod, it is great.

I think my favourite game of all time is one of the Final Fantasy series, although I can't really choose which of them I like best. I also like Zelda: A Link to the Past. Could never really get into Ocarina of Time for some reason. Super Mario World and Super Mario 64 are my top 2 Mario games, although I never played the Wii/Wii-U games. I also really like the Oddworld series - Abe's Oddysee, Abe's Exoddus, Munch's Oddysee, Stranger's Wrath. Also, Super Metroid and Metroid Prime are great. My favourite split-screen Multi-player game is Twisted Metal 2 for the PS1 :)

I like a lot of games, but those are just a few of the ones that really stand out in my opinion.

My favorite game of all time are the sims games! I really enjoy Nintendo games like Mario party ( the old ones), Mario brothers, and animal crossing from time to time. Back in the day I would have said WoW during the first and second expansion ... :) Oooh, and Tera before it went free to play. I do tend to like mmos for the community but as of late can't seem to get one to keep my attention. Shrouds of the Avatar should be a good game when it finally comes out.

New Threads

Top Bottom