• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your favorite clothing pieces from the past five years

Pink Jazz

I would like to know, what are your favorite clothing pieces from the past five years?

Here is my list:
  • Spring/Summer 2015 - IZOD Interlock Polo in Fairy Tale pink. Sadly, this one got bleach stains in the back and I had to donate it this year. Hopefully I can find one someday in wearable condition.
  • Fall/Winter 2015 - IZOD Sueded Fleece in Cradle Pink.
  • Spring/Summer 2016 - IZOD Windward Interlock Polo in Cradle Pink.
  • Fall/Winter 2016 - IZOD Advantage Fleece in Cradle Pink.
  • Spring/Summer 2017 - IZOD Saltwater Pelican Print Newport Oxford Button-down Shirt in Fairy Tale pink.
  • Fall/Winter 2017 - IZOD Advantage Fleece in Fairy Tale pink.
  • Spring/Summer 2018 - IZOD Windward Interlock Polo in Fairy Tale pink.
  • Fall/Winter 2018 - IZOD Advantage Fleece in Black.
  • Spring/Summer 2019 - IZOD Saltwater Chino Shorts in Fairy Tale pink.
  • Fall/Winter 2019 - I have yet to buy anything for FW2019 and I am not sure if I will since I think I have enough fall/winter clothes because it doesn't get very cold where I live.

IMG_1362.JPG
this buts its sand coloured
I would like to know, what are your favorite clothing pieces from the past five years?

Here is my list:
  • Spring/Summer 2015 - IZOD Interlock Polo in Fairy Tale pink. Sadly, this one got bleach stains in the back and I had to donate it this year. Hopefully I can find one someday in wearable condition.
  • Fall/Winter 2015 - IZOD Sueded Fleece in Cradle Pink.
  • Spring/Summer 2016 - IZOD Windward Interlock Polo in Cradle Pink.
  • Fall/Winter 2016 - IZOD Advantage Fleece in Cradle Pink.
  • Spring/Summer 2017 - IZOD Saltwater Pelican Print Newport Oxford Button-down Shirt in Fairy Tale pink.
  • Fall/Winter 2017 - IZOD Advantage Fleece in Fairy Tale pink.
  • Spring/Summer 2018 - IZOD Windward Interlock Polo in Fairy Tale pink.
  • Fall/Winter 2018 - IZOD Advantage Fleece in Black.
  • Spring/Summer 2019 - IZOD Saltwater Chino Shorts in Fairy Tale pink.
  • Fall/Winter 2019 - I have yet to buy anything for FW2019 and I am not sure if I will since I think I have enough fall/winter clothes because it doesn't get very cold where I live.

Linen Djellaba - I have two. They're very well worn. So comfortable. No horrible scratchy fabric or labels that dig in.

toast-bright-jade-washed-linen-djellaba-product-0-686845766-normal.jpeg

summer - the very lightweight bellbottom jeans that I made and t shirt from Jackson Hole
winter - the heavier bellbottom jeans that I made and hoodie from South Dakota
fall and sping - see above, depending on weather. :)

Have several different weights of coats/jackets that I like, for varying seasons. One very similar to this that I wear early in the winter, that I've had for many years:

images

This one for autumn, about twenty years old:

images

Several women's vintage blouses that I like, without the shoulder pads.
upload_2019-8-20_10-43-59.jpeg

A few pairs of comfortable pants, all the same brand.

images

This t-shirt:

images

Levi Curvy Straight Jeans
Any elastic waist long skirt
32° men's stretchy tee shirts
Sketchers sneakers
Birkenstock sandals
Super soft wool blend socks in multi colors/patterns

Levi Curvy Straight Jeans
Any elastic waist long skirt
32° men's stretchy tee shirts
Sketchers sneakers
Birkenstock sandals
Super soft wool blend socks in multi colors/patterns
if !I could find the perfect elastic size !everything i wear around my waist would be elastic ,If I could afford more Skechers ,I would be on a permanent cloud of memory foam .

Pink Jazz - you should consider a career in fashion design or marketing. I wear the same stuff for years, till they literally fall apart or get holes:

Levi jeans, straight leg
khaki shorts, old lady style that reach to my knees
T-shirts of all makes and models
cotton or wool skirts with leggings
cotton or wool sweaters and cardigans (I think the British call them jumpers)
walking sandals and tennis shoes in summer; ankle boots and cotton socks in winter

I do not care about fashion in the least. I buy uniform pants and tee shirts that are comfortable. Most of my pants are the same, but my tee shirts are different colors. I do have some clothing that is for dress up, but I only wear these when my wife makes me. My wife is very fashionable. Unlike me, she looks very, very good when she dresses up.

If it's 5 years it might as well be 20 years. My brown suede coat I got in 1996. My bright bluish white jeans I've had since high school. Matching shirt.

Other than that, the skinny jeans I just got last weekend. Now I'm used to them I want more.

Levi’s 541 jeans and the first long sleeved button shirt I grab out of the closet. Same thing every day ..... all year long.

In winter, I may slide a fleece vest on.

I’ve worn the same slide-on leather sketcher brand loafers for the last 25 years.

I had a denim jacket that I got so attached to, I kept it long after I should have chucked it. It had holes all over it and no stuffing inside any more, plus was covered with paint splotches from various projects. It made me look like a homeless person.

I finally got rid of it and bought a new jacket. Now I'm attached to that one - like it's part of me.

I know I've gotten overly attached to a single piece of clothing at least since middle school. Back then, it was a T-shirt with multi-colored striped squares all over it. Then in high school it was a "I voted for Bill 'n' Opus" t-shirt. Then a heavy coat. It seems like it's always something.

s-l300.jpg
These type of hiking boots that I wore out and had re-soled twice. Were so comfortable that I cried when I couldn't find someone to re-sole them anymore. Wore them for about twenty years or more.

These type of hiking boots that I wore out and had re-soled twice. Were so comfortable that I cried when I couldn't find someone to re-sole them anymore. Wore them for about twenty years or more.

Vibram soles? :cool:

I miss my pigskin "waffle-stompers". Haven't seen any like I used to wear for decades. :(

New Threads

Top Bottom