• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

your aspergers mix

So my updated mix is ASD (PDD-NOS/AS), NVLD with cognitive processing disorder, and Social phobia/Anxiety OCD NOS :) I wonder if the mood stuff that happens to people with Autism is more how we cope than actually organic with Autism. Rather than things like the OCD traits and the cognitive stuff. Just wandering thought.

So my updated mix is ASD (PDD-NOS/AS), NVLD with cognitive processing disorder, and Social phobia/Anxiety OCD NOS :) I wonder if the mood stuff that happens to people with Autism is more how we cope than actually organic with Autism. Rather than things like the OCD traits and the cognitive stuff. Just wandering thought.

I actually think it's somewhat true with the mood thing. I notice it a lot myself. I'm not a doom and gloom person all the time, but under stress and pressure I do exhibit full blown depressive symptoms up to the fact that I can't think straight nor can make decent rational choices. Obviously one can argue what causes stress and pressure and if that's something I can't cope with because of my AS or what exactly it is. I'm convinced that while it's partially AS with me, there's a slew of other problems going on, perhaps even personality disorders formed under circumstances created by AS.

I think the problem can be a complex snowballing effect. Out of personal experience; Can't deal with certain things, end up depressed over a variety of instances over years, fail to keep jobs because of said depressions, lack job experience, can't land jobs, end up unemployed in the long run, end up depressed cause you're sitting home too much, etc. The red line however is all kinds of factors that can be attributed to AS.

I have no problem in trying to map out what caused what, and look into that with a therapist, but that takes a lot of work, just in terms of writing it down and sorting it out. Don't know if that's an amount of time I can spend with a professional. Though I think it might be helpful to prevent it from recurring over and over.

I have ADHD, Depression, Aspergergers and am Bi-polar. No I'm not. Yes I am! Stop that!

I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety disorder NOS in about 1997. It was just a formality as far as I was concerned. I knew what was up with me since I was pretty young. I was diagnosed with ADHD a few months ago. I just recently started to look at AS. It was so familiar I had to take a test to see how I did. My score showed me what I expected. I can't believe none of my therapists over the years made the connection. I'm still trying to figure things out, but I'm pretty sure that AS is the root of my depression and anxiety. I have no clue how the attention deficit fits in there. Learning about AS was like finding a lost puzzle piece that was under the couch for decades. Know what I mean?

New Threads

Top Bottom