• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Young looking

Aspies look young for age

• Genes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Brian

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well, howdy, Lanique.

Once in a while someone looks startled when they find out my age, and I'm okay with that.
I wasn't so happy with it when I was 17 ...

LANIQUE , thats an unique name. I just googled it, to see its origins, like if it was sasnkipt or something random like that, it just brought up a funny urban dictionary definition.ha

Nice to meet you, Welcome to the conversation.

Me too. Who's Brian and what exactly is the question for the poll?

Also, welcome.
That's exactly what I was wondering...

Brian is a dog on family Guy and Gene Simmons is a person, idk I feel like I'm missing out on some secret

That's exactly what I was wondering...

Brian is a dog on family Guy and Gene Simmons is a person, idk I feel like I'm missing out on some secret

I mean, I get that it was probably supposed to say brain...but that doesn't help clear up much of my confusion..

Oh like brain in the nervous system?

Yeah, I think maybe the question is along the lines of why do people on the spectrum tend to look younger than they are...and then do we think it's genetic or something to do with the brain?

I've been told I look younger than my age, which I have always put down to my lack of normal expressions. I don't use my face that much in everyday life, so less wrinkles.

I'm really not sure, but I think Lanique means genes as physical appearance and brain as behavior.

In my case though most people see me as older, but I'm only self diagnosed and might be wrong about it.

Yeah, I think maybe the question is along the lines of why do people on the spectrum tend to look younger than they are...and then do we think it's genetic or something to do with the brain?

I've been told I look younger than my age, which I have always put down to my lack of normal expressions. I don't use my face that much in everyday life, so less wrinkles.
Yes smile lines lol, I hate it when people demand I smile all the time, fake smiling is the worst for smile lines

I look younger and I'm constantly worried it's linked to autism. At the same time, my 16 year old sister frequently passes for 11 and uhh she aint on the spectrum, she has ADD tho, but I've been told I look anywhere from 13-17 at 20 years old and it's not really a great self esteem booster. Heck I look at myself and wonder if I look that young.

Hi by the way

If your sister looks very young too, it's probably just because looking young runs in your family
That's what I guessed too. My mom gets comments and so do my two aunts. One of them gets called 25 at 41, even though I don't think she looks that young. My youngest sister however looks her age. In fact both of them are confused for the same age frequently. I think it might even out now because she's almost 15 so she may start looking younger. Also both of them got child's tickets at the restaurant and the movie theater except for me. I wonder why People think I'm so much older when I'm with them, and then I see teens who are like half my age that look older than me, it worries me too; especially if it's genetic.

I look younger and I'm constantly worried it's linked to autism. At the same time, my 16 year old sister frequently passes for 11 and uhh she aint on the spectrum, she has ADD tho, but I've been told I look anywhere from 13-17 at 20 years old and it's not really a great self esteem booster. Heck I look at myself and wonder if I look that young.

Hi by the way

When you're 32 and people think you're 25 it'll be awesome <3

New Threads

Top Bottom