• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

You may be an Aspie if.....

You know more about Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock than you know about Arthur Conan Doyle.
You might be an Aspie if you assume that in the ordinary course of things, the average person living nowadays would know more about Arthur Conan Doyle than about Benedict Cumberpatch's Sherlock.

You might be an Aspie if when you visit your Mother at the family home and you bring your own bread, coffee, coffee maker, cups, pillows, blankets, ear plugs, and cd's for a weekend visit.

When your Mother greets you at the door with 'we have pillows and blankets and coffee, and you reply with; "We like our own pillows, otherwise we can't sleep."

You know more about Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock than you know about Arthur Conan Doyle.

You might be an aspie if you remember seeing the name
"Benedict Cumberbatch," go back to where you saw it,
and then provide links to that material.
http://www.generatorland.com/usergenerator.aspx?id=8587
http://www.generatorland.com/usergenerator.aspx?id=5788

And feel compelled to add as a footnote, that providing the
links doesn't imply recommendation of the content or knowledge
of the subject at all. But the material was there, you remembered,
and it seemed like the thing to do.

You may be an aspie if when someone tells you that their hamster has died you tell them it isn't suprising as hamsters don't live very long.

If you made your mom laugh because you answered to her joke with a funnier response, not even thinking of it. (*and then she replying, yeah, you are aspie)
If you try to appear normal and not interesting, but then end being the Sheldon Cooper of the class without even saying a word. (*one of my talents)

If you are told "that's enough about archeology." and you reply "But you asked and I haven't even started!". (and you don't even know that much about archeology)
If you become the professor's enemy every time he talks because you are always interrupting for adding something.

If you failed your project because the teacher spoke for more than 1min, and even though you can feel the sound waves, you lost the entire idea of what you really had to do. (just abbreviate!)
If you have more books about the immorality of lobsters than days spent outside with friends.

If you memorized the entire periodic table before your first chemistry class. (*true story)
If you decided to be a scientist before even entering elementary school.

If you entered Duolingo just for applying to create the Klingon course, but then quitting because you had to talk with the other members.​

(I read this somewhere. Possibly on this site). When your pet has a more active social life than you do.

When your social life takes place entirely on the sidewalk, since your social circle consists entirely of the random person whom your dog is currently sniffing.

If you have more books about the immorality of lobsters than days spent outside with friends.
I didn't realize this was even a topic of discourse. I always presumed that lobsters were amoral. It never crossed my mind they had the capacity to be immoral. My interest is piqued.

Edit: Searching "lobster immorality" brings up the topic of "lobster immortality", so I am presuming that is what you were referring to. I have heard of this before. In this article, however, they debunk the notion of lobsters having bioligical immortality. Whereas they do not experience the same form of senescence that we do the rigors of molting as size increases does place an upper limit on their life span. Ironically, this is probably a good thing, as mortality has been demonstrated (in computer simulations) to increase the fitness of populations.

Last edited:
I didn't realize this was even a topic of discourse. I always presumed that lobsers were amoral. It never crossed my mind they had the capacity to be immoral. My interst is piqued.

Edit: Searching "lobster immorality" brings up the topic of "lobster immortality", so I am presuming that is what you were refering to. I have heard of this before. In this article, however, they debunk the notion of lobsters having bioligical immortality. Whereas the do not experience the same form of senescence that we do the rigors of molting as size increases does place an upper limit on their life span. Ironically, this is probably a good thing, as mortality has been demonstrated (in computer simulations) to increase the fitness of poplulations.
I was referring that, as there were not many books titled for that, and no determined evidence, someone having more books about it than days out of home...(I made it intentional for the comparison). But thanks for the link, either way.

**And, you may be an aspie if you were correcting all the grammar mistakes the other bloggers were posting.
*senecience? refering?poplulations? interst? lobsers?-(yes, probably I am an aspie)

If you are unable to make people think you are not anti-Semitic when you criticize Israel.. Although even NTs have a hard time doing that?

... When "Everybody Dance Now" plays at the grocery store, you respond by yelling: "No! I don't feel like dancing! Go back to 1991!"

(I actually just did that)

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom