• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

You may be an Aspie if.....

clg114

Still crazy, after all these years.
V.I.P Member
The country comedian, Jeff Foxworthy does all of the redneck jokes.
"If you mow your lawn and find a car, then you may be a redneck".
I have heard a few Aspie jokes like that.
"If you think that string theory is going to be the next unification theory that combines the physics of quantum mechanics with the physics of general relativity, then you may be an Aspie".
Any more?

You might be an Aspie if you can hear a mouse fart in the basement, but your spouse has to repeat him or herself 3 times before you finally hear what he or she is saying.

You might be an Aspie if you can hear a mouse fart in the basement, but your spouse has to repeat him or herself 3 times before you finally hear what he or she is saying.
That is selective hearing. My wife says I have it.

If, while visiting Sam at his house, his phone rings and he asks you to answer it. Someone on the other end asks" Is Sam there?" and you just say "Yes". And hang up, then you may be a Aspie.

Last edited:
If you're confused because your mum told you to pull your socks up, but when you checked them, they were pulled right up.

Autism jokes, you know you’re an aspie when | Through my autistic eyes
You Might Be An Aspie If... - AspieComic
Fellow aspies, it's sad in here lately, favorite jokes or AS related personal funny moments? : aspergers

You may be an aspie if your reaction to being asked for aspie jokes is to google several sites for aspie jokes,
read the jokes so that you won't be likely to supply jokes that are common, provide links to the jokes,
wonder whether providing links to jokes is inappropriate, do it anyway observing to self that you are
observing yourself. and speculate whether the entire process can be considered an aspie joke.

Then you realize that what you have just done is a typical/classic aspie joke and wonder whether you should
discuss that in the thread about making a Spectrum Joke.

And you are rocking slightly in your chair at the keyboard.
PS: You go back and edit your post to include a little footnote explaining that the chair you use at the desk is a standard office chair, not a rocking chair.

Last edited:
Autism jokes, you know you’re an aspie when | Through my autistic eyes
You Might Be An Aspie If... - AspieComic
Fellow aspies, it's sad in here lately, favorite jokes or AS related personal funny moments? : aspergers

You may be an aspie if your reaction to being asked for aspie jokes is to google several sites for aspie jokes,
read the jokes so that you won't be likely to supply jokes that are common, provide links to the jokes,
wonder whether providing links to jokes is inappropriate, do it anyway observing to self that you are
observing yourself. and speculate whether the entire process can be considered as aspie joke.

Then you realize that what you have just done is a typical/classic aspie joke and wonder whether you should
discuss that in the thread about making a Spectrum Joke.

PS: You go back and edit your post to include a little footnote explaining that the chair you use at the desk is a standard office chair, not a rocking chair.
That's good. That's really good.

If you had to rethink you understanding of the standard model in 2012 when the Higgs Boson was discovered, then you may be a Aspie.

You may be an aspie if a post with the phrase "standard model in 2012 when the Higgs Boson was discovered"
prompts the immediate thought that it's likely there could be a joke involving Higgs Boson/Briggs & Stratton;
boson/bosun/bison; or a combination of the two. And you share that information.

If you're confused because your mum told you to pull your socks up, but when you checked them, they were pulled right up.
If you read this right now and still didn't understand why someone's mother would say that when her son/daughter's socks were pulled up...

You may be an aspie if; as a three year old you walk up to your 12 year old sister whose cat has just died and is crying and scream at her "What's your problem!!!"

You might be an Aspie if you get mad at your mom for coming up and knocking on your door because, even though you are only a few hundred feet away, the conversation could just as effectively taken place via text messaging.

You might be an Aspie if your husband asks you if you want to go to a party, you say, "whatever you want to do", he says, "I can go by myself if you want to stay home", and you say, "in that case, f*ck yeah, I wanna stay home!"

Yep, rocking right now :)

Edit: actually, it's a rocking chair.

Oh man, I killed this thread :O Let's see if it can be revived.

You might be an Aspie if you know the heights and weights of your favorite characters. :p

You may be an Aspie if you attribute a lapse in conversation
or a thread to be solely the result of something you did (and
you're not sure what it was).

New Threads

Top Bottom