• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

You are now the main character in the last novel you read

JuniperBug

Rainbow Bird of Friendliness
ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1440180169.134271.jpg

Who are you? And are you pleased or disappointed to become this person?

Rashard, a griffon in a self-published novel called Song of the Summer King, by Jesse E. Owen. It's actually pretty good.

I am 'Crash' Coogan, a middle school football hero bully.
Fortunately, I finished reading Crash after The Storied Life of A. J. Firky
because otherwise I'd have to be a bookstore owner who dies.

I would be the nefarious Dorian Gray under the circumstances :eek:

Alas, in two days I will become the Señora Mulkerin of the Californioso_O

Oh ACK....:eek:
I'm that girl who insulted her 'intended,' the boy
her parents wanted her to meet for the arranged
marriage. That's not the bad part. I go to
night clubs and get drunk. I have a crush on
a very ordinary boy who leaves me while I am
puking drunk. I maunder on about the nobility
of being a house DJ. My name is Dimple.

It could be worse....the last book could have been
that girl who calls her boobs 'nunga-nungas.':oops:

Wait...I'm not sure that's worse.o_O

The first one was muddy; the other, obnoxious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born_Confused
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louise_Rennison

Last edited:
Oh eeek:confused: How could I be Barnaby Gaitlin from A Patchwork planet by Anne Tyler?

That would then mean that I hefted furniture all day, did repairs for the elderly and brought them for groceries. All the while my family would harangue me for not having an important job like my brother.

My narcissistic Mother would endlessly demean, cajole and manipulate, as would my ex-wife and daughter and girlfriend. Each time I attempted something, it would never be enough. Poor sad Barnaby.:oops:

G'Day to you Squire! How about a shave? Come and visit your good friend Sweeney Todd! You sir! Too, sir. Welcome to the grave... I will have vengeance. I will have salvation... Who, sir? You sir!Oh no one's in the chair. Come on, come on then! Step lively for Sweeney's waiting. You sir? Anybody? Gentlemen, now don't be shy. Not one man... No, nor ten men... Nor a hundred can assuage me but I will have you! And I will get him back even as he gloats; In the meantime I'll practice on less honorable throats... And my Lucy lies in ashes, and I'll never see my darling girl again. But the work waits! After fifteen years I'm alive at last and I'm full of joy!

Oh Mrs. Lovett, don't you think that the OP has a lovely neck, the sort of neck that would benefit from a second grinning 'red mouth'? A simple slash and the OP will be gone, I'll slide his corpse through the chute beneath the barber's chair and you may bake him into one of your delectable meat pies, for the teeming crowds await without to buy and to dine and perhaps to die and be dined upon. (Maniacal laugh)

Do you see the shining friends I hold in my hand Mrs. Lovett? They are such lovely friends. See how they glisten. See how they glitter, how they smile in the light and how they delight to cut the throats of the deserving and perhaps the undeserving as well, but it's all in good fun for I must abide and practice and wait until the one throat comes, the throat that awaits my lovely friends, the throat for whom I long to visit my vengeance upon for the abuse and loss of my beloved Lucy.

Speak to me my friends, my shining blades, my glistening beauties. Whisper to me and I will listen. Yes, YES, you have been locked away all these years whilst I have been away, but fear not for I have returned and now WE WILL HAVE OUR REVENGE!

I am of course, Sweeney Todd from the book, Sweeney Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street by Robert Mack.

Am I pleased? Why should I be pleased? You've turned me into a raging psychopath. Who did this to me? Was it you sir? Yes sir! YOU SIR! The OP SIR! Come here SIR! Sit in my chair, SIR! DO NOT RUN AWAY SIR, for I will pursue you! I will find you, Sir! I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE SIR! (Hah-hah-hah-hah-hah)

Sweeney Todd.jpg

Last edited:
Sweeney Todd originated as a fictional character in penny dreadfuls .. serial stories that appeared in popular magazines that captured the imagination of readers during the 19th century. I've been reading a book about Sweeney Todd (see previous post) because I'm fascinated by the Victorian period.

The character of Sweeney Todd first appeared in a story called The String of Pearls: A Romance. This penny dreadful appeared in 18 weekly installments in Edward Lloyd's The People's Periodical and Family Library, issues 7–24, 21 November 1846 to 20 March 1847. It is thought that these stories were originally written by James Malcom Rymer although some have attributed these stories to Thomas Peckeet Priest. In all likelihood several writers probably worked on various installments - working in the literary equivalent of a "sweat shop".

This series inspired George Dibden Pitt to adapt The String of Pearls as a melodrama for the Britannia Theatre in Hoxton. Sweeney's catch phrase, "I'll polish him off" is attributed to the melodrama and not the original series.

The story of Sweeney Todd was later made into a movie. In the movie version, an innocent young barber ran afoul of a corrupt judge who lusted after his beautiful young wife. The judge arranged for the barber to be accused of a crime so that he could be sentenced to prison. While the barber languished in prison, the judge had his wicked way with the wife.

Fifteen years after he was unjustly accused, the barber returned to London. He was by now, thoroughly mad and had adopted the name Sweeney Todd. He became friends with a woman named Mrs. Lovett. He would slaughter his customers and rob them - disposing of their bodies through a hidden chute beside his barber's chair. Mrs. Lovett would then cut up the bodies to bake into her meat pies.

Here is a clip.

Warning ... this is rather gruesome.

Last edited:
The thread says novel, but the graphic says book. If we're just going by book, then I am Lucius Sergius Catilina, politician and revolutionary during the late Roman republic

I ran from the Japanese with my pig.
I carried my pig when his hooves bled from running over rocks.
I am a little 8 year old Chinese boy, separated from his parents,
after the Japanese burned down my village.

I didn't have any more fun being him than he did.---Well,
OK, in point of fact, I had it much easier than he did, since he
was him and I am only him for the length of time to make this
post. I don't have to eat grass or leaves or get shot at.

The House of Sixty Fathers
by Meindert DeJong

Since I just started my yearly stroll through Tolkien, at the moment I am Bilbo Baggins. In a few days I will be Frodo.

[Okay, so it's a re-read, so I don't know if it counts]

I am Lyra Belacqua. I am a rebel, foul-mouthed, half-educated, intensely curious, and I readily make friends with bears and with Texan aeronauts, and the icing on the cake is I bring down an entire authoritarian religious institution.

G'Day to you Squire! How about a shave? Come and visit your good friend Sweeney Todd! You sir! Too, sir. Welcome to the grave... I will have vengeance. I will have salvation... Who, sir? You sir!Oh no one's in the chair. Come on, come on then! Step lively for Sweeney's waiting. You sir? Anybody? Gentlemen, now don't be shy. Not one man... No, nor ten men... Nor a hundred can assuage me but I will have you! And I will get him back even as he gloats; In the meantime I'll practice on less honorable throats... And my Lucy lies in ashes, and I'll never see my darling girl again. But the work waits! After fifteen years I'm alive at last and I'm full of joy!

Oh Mrs. Lovett, don't you think that the OP has a lovely neck, the sort of neck that would benefit from a second grinning 'red mouth'? A simple slash and the OP will be gone, I'll slide his corpse through the chute beneath the barber's chair and you may bake him into one of your delectable meat pies, for the teeming crowds await without to buy and to dine and perhaps to die and be dined upon. (Maniacal laugh)

Do you see the shining friends I hold in my hand Mrs. Lovett? They are such lovely friends. See how they glisten. See how they glitter, how they smile in the light and how they delight to cut the throats of the deserving and perhaps the undeserving as well, but it's all in good fun for I must abide and practice and wait until the one throat comes, the throat that awaits my lovely friends, the throat for whom I long to visit my vengeance upon for the abuse and loss of my beloved Lucy.

Speak to me my friends, my shining blades, my glistening beauties. Whisper to me and I will listen. Yes, YES, you have been locked away all these years whilst I have been away, but fear not for I have returned and now WE WILL HAVE OUR REVENGE!

I am of course, Sweeney Todd from the book, Sweeney Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street by Robert Mack.

Am I pleased? Why should I be pleased? You've turned me into a raging psychopath. Who did this to me? Was it you sir? Yes sir! YOU SIR! The OP SIR! Come here SIR! Sit in my chair, SIR! DO NOT RUN AWAY SIR, for I will pursue you! I will find you, Sir! I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE SIR! (Hah-hah-hah-hah-hah)

View attachment 21119
The OP is a lady!

Yet I can't turn down a shave from the demon barber of Fleet Street.

My father is a policeman. We had to move from Denver
to another state where no one knows us. I am 14 and I
can run fast. First I hate the new place. Eventually I like
it, as I get used to the witness relocation situation of
having to change my identity.

I think the story was about being yourself, regardless of
external circumstances.

Hush, by J. Woodson

If only I had seen this thread two weeks ago, I'd be Elizabeth Bennet. As it stands, I am Deadpool.

For awhile I will be Liz.
I am 16 when I get killed
in a hit & run car accident.

Being dead is nothing like what
I imagined, back when I was living.

I get younger & younger, and like
everyone else, including domestic
animals, I will be sent back, to be
born as someone new.

200px-Elsewhere.jpg

It was so smoothly written that the fact
of it being all in present tense didn't
annoy me.

Depends in part on what you call a novel, but the last book I finished would make me Maxine Hong Kingston, a real life author of Chinese descent.

I'm Van from "Herland". I guess he's enough of a blank slate that anyone can identify.

New Threads

Top Bottom