• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

X Factor auditioning in Sheffield on 11.2.17, should I go? Dad wouldn't approve though!

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

My attendance of the audition would probably cause a Family argument, but I could just go for a laugh and not say anything to the Family?

In the unlikely event I went and passed the first audition though, I would probably be called in to audition on TV, which would be amazing but Dad would probably refuse to go, and I don't drive due to disability so getting to the TV Studio in that London would be a logistic nightmare.

With this in mind, is it worth putting myself out there for the first audition at the City Hall next weekend?

Topic.

My attendance of the audition would probably cause a Family argument, but I could just go for a laugh and not say anything to the Family?

In the unlikely event I went and passed the first audition though, I would probably be called in to audition on TV, which would be amazing but Dad would probably refuse to go, and I don't drive due to disability so getting to the TV Studio in that London would be a logistic nightmare.

With this in mind, is it worth putting myself out there for the first audition at the City Hall next weekend?

If it's something you really want to do, then I say do it. You've got nothing to lose by going to the first one, and if you get through, then even better.

I respect you for even wanting to do it. The thought of getting up in front of people for any reason fills me with abject terror.

If you're really thinking only about the value of the experience of auditioning on a tv show, sure...why not? Sounds unique.

But if you're contemplating being Britain's next star vocalist, you're better off buying a lottery ticket. Crunch the numbers. Similar odds, no impact on the family or travel costs.

It really all comes down to precisely why you want to do such a thing.

If you're really thinking only about the value of the experience of auditioning on a tv show, sure...why not? Sounds unique.

But if you're contemplating being Britain's next star vocalist, you're better off buying a lottery ticket. Crunch the numbers. Similar odds, no impact on the family or travel costs.

It really all comes down to precisely why you want to do such a thing.

It's just for the experience of auditioning.

To get on TV in front of the likes of Simon Cowell would be pant wettingly terrifying.

If it's just for the experience of auditioning, then I'd say go for it, as long as you are relatively thick-skinned, because those judges sure do like to discourage, trash-talk and generally humiliate people, all in the name of entertainment.

My brother's already submitted a video audition and got through to the auditions in front of Simon Cowell and co. in Birmingham and while he's a great singer with a lot of potential (I know that, I'm not saying it just because he's my brother - I literally envy him! He's just automatically a better singer than me after putting literally no time or effort into it, and that is somewhat frustrating!), I'm worried that they might pick up on his inexperience and use that as an excuse to put him down or ridicule him to try and provoke a negative reaction from him. They do that kind of thing on purpose, you know.

I almost considered auditioning as well and seeing if I could get through (I probably wouldn't!), mainly to manufacture a fake sibling rivalry in the hope that the producers might like to ride it out at least until the live shows and the tour :p

Well my theory is that if the likes of Honey G can pass the first audition and actually get on TV I'd be a shoo in because unlike her I can sing a variety of genres from Pop, Rock to oldies, and can actually hold a tune.

I didn't even consider watching "American Idol" until Simon Cowell exited the show.

After all, the whole "Schadenfreude" aspect of the show never interested me. When Cowell left, the show began to spend less time on making sport of less talented people.

I didn't even consider watching "American Idol" until Simon Cowell exited the show.

After all, the whole "Schadenfreude" aspect of the show never interested me. When Cowell left, the show began to spend less time on making sport of less talented people.

Yeah because Cowell has made Pots of money for years purely on being as insulting as possible to potential "new stars", some of whom deserve everything he said to them and more, others who didn't deserve him being so mean.

Yeah because Cowell has made Pots of money for years purely on being as insulting as possible to potential "new stars", some of whom deserve everything he said to them and more, others who didn't deserve him being so mean.

Cowell is good at what he does outside the show, but he's not an artist himself.

Personally for that level of criticism, I want to only hear it by seasoned professionals who have spent plenty of time on both sides of a microphone.

New Threads

Top Bottom