• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

WTH moment

I would be doomed if any store monitored my facial expressions, especially to determine suspicious behavior. And the stores would have a hard time if they tried to monitor my facial expressions to use in neuromarketing, so we'd be even.

I'm just thinking of some well-paid marketing consult focused on me having reviewed countless closed circuit videos and asking, "What's wrong?"

Though this time I'm just liable to say in my monotone voice, "This isn't an autism-friendly environment!"

I'm just thinking of some well-paid marketing consult focused on me having reviewed countless closed circuit videos and asking, "What's wrong?"

Though this time I'm just liable to say in my monotone voice, "This isn't an autism-friendly environment!"
Picturing that person reviewing the video really made me laugh. If they reviewed footage of me, I'd have a personal Walmart shopper, because of the gamut of negative emotions I would show, and that would make me look even more upset.
That being said, I've been hearing for more than 5 years about research in that field, and it doesn't seem to make progress as fast as corporations would like it to, which is a good thing.

Just got back from my holiday in the morning and my boyfriend and I were spending time with his two friends.
The other friend was trying to call the Aspie friend a "dweeb" or a "dork" (playfully, in jest, not trying to pick on him), and without realising what it meant, he used the word "pleb." *Facepalm*
My boyfriend immediately said "Woah, I don't think you know what that word means." The friend responded "Isn't it like a dweeb?" so we had to explain to him what the actual definition was and fortunately he was so embarrassed and apologetic.
*Sigh* I really like his friends but neither of them really has a filter and the things that come out of their mouths can be really very offensive.

Just got back from my holiday in the morning and my boyfriend and I were spending time with his two friends.
The other friend was trying to call the Aspie friend a "dweeb" or a "dork" (playfully, in jest, not trying to pick on him), and without realising what it meant, he used the word "pleb." *Facepalm*
My boyfriend immediately said "Woah, I don't think you know what that word means." The friend responded "Isn't it like a dweeb?" so we had to explain to him what the actual definition was and fortunately he was so embarrassed and apologetic.
*Sigh* I really like his friends but neither of them really has a filter and the things that come out of their mouths can be really very offensive.

Errr. Know any norwegian?

(Dont that joke to death now)

There will always be words to categorise and often denigrate another. Dweebs,geeks, chavs..
As soon as people are told one word is offensive they think of another.

Its lazy and ignorant, but you knew that!

Lenny bruce did a stage act about 70 years ago which was interesting. He listed all offensive words... to make a point that tou would probably agree with.

Siri (on the iPhone) doesn't understand my boyfriend's friend because he stutters, I think that's sort of messed up and offensive.
She keeps saying "Sorry [name], I didn't catch that."
Needless to say, his feelings are very hurt.
They couldn't make artificial intelligence that understands people with speech impediments?

Siri (on the iPhone) doesn't understand my boyfriend's friend because he stutters, I think that's sort of messed up and offensive.
She keeps saying "Sorry [name], I didn't catch that."
Needless to say, his feelings are very hurt.
They couldn't make artificial intelligence that understands people with speech impediments?
Jet the phone only learns one voice, it doesn't understand me neither does the Samsung galaxy ,these machines seem to be built for one persons voice -my mother had just the machine that repeated words or sentences if she pressed it with her head it's probably made for someone lying in a room like my mother who was paralysed.
Not for mobile phones

I went to the supermarket with my boyfriend and his friends to get some stuff for a Labour Day barbecue at my house.
We ran into someone I really didn't want to see and they were rude, as expected. I've been feeling sick all night because of it.

369F4489-841C-4094-8EED-D3F97ACF3A55.jpeg
Part of the picture that isn’t displayed shows a developing fetus which is part of the kit and an artificial afterbirth and dairy farmers call vegans weird

The other night I had a very strange dream where I was angry with some of my troll dolls because they were EVIL trolls, even though they were the ugly-cute, happy-looking little plastic dolls with colorful hair that really don't look like the terror of Scandinavia. So I started eating them! Well, I more like chewing up their bodies and hair more than actually eating them. I've dreams before where I eat inedible objects, like cardboard, but this dream was just plain weird. Maybe it's about my guilt over owning something that I feel has no true value and this was my way of getting rid of it?

Oh, and in the Dreamworks movie that I recently saw, there were these creatures called Bergens who wanted to eat the Trolls, because the Troll were nearly always happy while the Bergens were grumpy and miserable, but eating the Trolls made the Bergans happy, at least for a while. Am I a Bergen? I kind of hope not because they were really ugly.:laughing:

New Threads

Top Bottom