• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

WTH moment

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
Share you WTH moment. For me one day I went to get my locked bike from outside and my pedal was missing. Someone literally stole my pedals. It like WTH?

So, a few years back my friend and I decided to visit a goth festival. Said festival is in the city and not on some remote area, which also meant that we had to resort to lockers for our bags at a trainstation.

The lockers give keycards which you scan to open your locker instead of a key to open the lock.

We stored our stuff in the locker, paid, got a ticket and went on with our business. In the evening we decided to get our bags and freshen up (get some clothes from there since it got a bit cold, grab some deodorant, stuff like that). I take out my wallet and find the keycard missing. So panic all over. Check my pockets, my wallet, my friends pockets, his wallet. Every possible place to check. And it was nowhere to be found.

Obviously, the next thing to do is find the informationdesk and see if they can help us out by opening with a master key. They were quite helpful but told us that opening the locker would cost us heavily but more important, they wanted a detailed description of what we put in the locker and if possible a detailed description of items in our bags to see if these items actually belonged to us. We gave them a description and 2 employees of the service desk went checking it out.

In the meantime I was filling in the report for reopening the locker (since that seemed to be all paperwork).

While I was writing down my personals, the employee at the desk where I was writing at bursted out in laughter, since she had a walkie-talkie of sorts around. Said employee told us to walk to the locker and meet the other employees.

As it seemed; my keycard was IN... yes IN the locker. They were just as surprised as me, since they had no explanation how the card could've ended up in there. The locker closes first and then you get a keycard. The door closes wider than the actual locker, so sliding it underneath doesn't work either. But the card just lay there neatly in the middle of the locker in front of our stuff.

They were nice enough to drop the "fine" we got for them opening, since they had a good laugh, as did my friend and I.

Once i forgot i was not at home and went to the bathroom for a wee then the door locked behind me and i remembered i was in a hotel, i was totally naked, it was around 3.30 am and i waited for someone to appear to give me a towel but none came so i had to go down in the lift to the busy reception which had a bar attached with lots of people drinking, The receptionist didn't bat an eyelid ,, it must have happened before, i was so embarressed O:M:G i still shudder with shame when i remember that

Once i forgot i was not at home and went to the bathroom for a wee then the door locked behind me and i remembered i was in a hotel, i was totally naked, it was around 3.30 am and i waited for someone to appear to give me a towel but none came so i had to go down in the lift to the busy reception which had a bar attached with lots of people drinking, The receptionist didn't bat an eyelid ,, it must have happened before, i was so embarressed O:M:G i still shudder with shame when i remember that
Wow embarrassing. I remember one day I made my gf upset so I said to her she can kick my ass. She did in public and people was driving by. I was not expecting her to do it for real.

This Thursday it'll be 11 years to the day since I moved into the Flat, yet I'm still living with my parents because the useless Social services haven't sorted out my new carers yet, the deadline was last week apparently! WTH is going on here?!

wow, people will LITERALLY steal anything!

I remember parking my convertible with a tonneau cover on it. Came back to find the knobs on my radio missing. :mad::rolleyes::mad:

Of course a few years later what I really remember was parking my car at a subway station to go to work, and coming back to find nothing but an empty parking space.

Never saw my sports car again.

I remember parking my convertible with a tonneau cover on it. Came back to find the knobs on my radio missing. :mad::rolleyes::mad:

Of course a few years later what I really remember was parking my car at a subway station to go to work, and coming back to find nothing but an empty parking space.

Never saw my sports car again.

That's terrible! I'm sorry that happened to you

That's terrible! I'm sorry that happened to you

Me too. It was one of the major triggers of my OCD according to my doctor. An aspect of PTSD whenever I park my car and don't immediately find it. Where I relive losing my car. Not to mention that I had another car where someone attempted to steal it at least five times. No more Hondas for me.

Me too. It was one of the major triggers of my OCD according to my doctor. An aspect of PTSD whenever I park my car and don't immediately find it. Where I relive losing my car. Not to mention that I had another car where someone attempted to steal it at least five times. No more Hondas for me.

Like I said, scumbags will nick anything that ain't bolted down, and some of the stupider ones will try and steal the bolts even!

i still of a ergonomically shaped metal bench in the park behind my house balancing on the place where it had been concreted into the earth previously because a person/s had tried to extract it steal it but in the act realised it was too heavy !!!!!
wow, people will LITERALLY steal anything!

My boyfriend is upset because his friend made a borderline-homophobic comment. This friend is an Aspie and he often says things that are fairly inappropriate, though I don't think that's an excuse to use "gay" as an insult. The nature of the comment and the context also made it worse.

My boyfriend is upset because his friend made a borderline-homophobic comment. This friend is an Aspie and he often says things that are fairly inappropriate, though I don't think that's an excuse to use "gay" as an insult. The nature of the comment and the context also made it worse.

Homophobia is so 50 years ago, even in the 60's, the word "gay" meant "happy", like on the Flintstones theme song "We'll have a gay old time!" doesn't mean we'll have a Homosexual old time, on the contrary it means "We'll have a happy old time".

Trigger-

I saw someone on another online forum saying they were avoiding stupid annoying autistic people. People with autism aren't stupid, this person is.

I would be doomed if any store monitored my facial expressions, especially to determine suspicious behavior. And the stores would have a hard time if they tried to monitor my facial expressions to use in neuromarketing, so we'd be even.

Well, maybe I'd still be better off, given how little I actually go into stores :rolleyes:

A WTH moment I remember from a few years ago when I moved back in with my parents:
Was heading for a bus stop next to a mall, literally next to it, and with a whole lot of constant traffic passing by. Came to find the biggest mushy-looking turd sitting in the middle of the bus stop's bench.
Who takes a crap on a bench, in broad daylight, at rush hour, in a busy area, when there are toilets nearby?

More WTH: it wasn't removed for a good 2 weeks.

New Threads

Top Bottom