• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Would you say or do things online that you wouldn't do in "real" life?

Online : I am sexy, funny, clever, sociable, friendly and OMG-drop-dead-gorgeous.

In-Real-Life : Is irrelevant because we'll never meet. I am a mere shadow. Hardly, worth a real life.

I'm a lot more 'myself' online. In person, I avoid social interaction to the fullest extent possible. Here, among other regular normal Aspies, communicating just seems so much safer & easier.

I am confident enough to do anything in real life but it just would not be as much fun unless it was with close friends and fellow aspies around
to appreciate the insane behavior!:D

Online : I am sexy, funny, clever, sociable, friendly and OMG-drop-dead-gorgeous.

In-Real-Life : Is irrelevant because we'll never meet. I am a mere shadow. Hardly, worth a real life.

Hardly worth a real life Divron? It's sad that you feel that way. I'm sure there is a compleatley different veiw or yourself that you are not seeing.

Mmmm, had to ponder this one for a minute…

Conclusion:
I pretty much see everything I do as a human as real life and therefore I try to conduct myself in cyberspace as I do in my corporeal form, wherever I go I usually have a thin veneer of detachment to protect my soft gooey centre, but occasionally the fa?ade is seen through and that tiny hidden kernel of wonderful me’ness is open to speculation and interpretation.
The first defence is always humour, so yeah, I think me on net = me in skin, which explains why it initially took me so long to venture into the ShoutBox LOL

Look, people are still people whether here or walking around, and me with Asperger's means automatic apprehension, that’s just how my brain deals with it ; ]

It seems like I'm more comfortable talking to people online than in real life. I hate that some people think autistic people are self centered and rude just because we have trouble relating to social situations.

Of course I do things online that I wouldn't do in person.

After all, I can edit what I say online. :dance:

New Threads

Top Bottom