• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Would you give anyone advice?

Things that have happened in this past week that I've learned from and can give advice about:

Never offer to look after someone's puppy at a medical clinic in the waiting room. While the owner sees the doctor. Especially if the puppy doesn't have a collar or leash and is not paper trained.

Don't pick apples at an orchard that has goats wandering about. They tend towards eating all the apples from your basket and you have to climb a ladder again and pick more. :)

Think advice helps us try to see a different view point. Because some of us are in our own bubbles,we may have a myopic view and flawed thinking. Guilty as charged. But our willingness to gather around this forum's campsite and tell our personal observations, helps us see that no matter what our status is in life, we all suffer from the same exact universal themes, and we all contribute to the mosaic patchwork of thoughts or advice on this virtual cave wall such as our ancestors did.

Last edited:
Alternatively, it is worth what you paid for it!
Not necessarily. I’ve been given free advice that was helpful. My point was more that the responsibility of using advice wisely, knowing what to heed & what to ignore, falls on the recipient.:)

Because I didn't give best possible chance of maybe being in a relationship with the person I love I now feel most of the time immensely sad. I think the person knew I liked her. And I think she probably thought I did and didn't do things because I didn't like her enough or I didn't really like her. She wouldn't have known the real reasons why. For me if you love someone, you want the very best for them and for them to be the happiest they can be, and your dream life would be in a relationship with that person.

I am happy to share my experience, including what I learned from it and would change differently about my own behaviour in the future, but presented within the context of what the experience was. And people are welcome to take from it whatever makes sense to them.

Yeah and choices I made maybe the person who I like, if she liked me too and it was possible we could have dated, maybe due to the choices I made she wouldn't have understood and maybe misunderstood, ultimately I want her to be immensely happy however her life is, but it feels like one of the biggest regrets though.

Just be yourself.
My advice is never give that advice to someone who has no idea who they are. It's stupid and infuriating.

New Threads

Top Bottom