• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Worst thing a teacher has said to you?

Woodwork teacher; "we will now make a letter rack. This is for when you get letters you can put them in these slots here."

Me: "We just open our maill"

Him: Turned purple, started shouting and raving.

I could only hear the deafening roar of laughter.

It was then I knew I was built for comedy.

It's taken 35 years since then, and I've come a long way.

Still no better at comedy though.

I once told my English teacher to "sod off", he was a Scouser and they're known for their weird sense of humour, but then a while later he had a go at me for shouting at him.

And even worse, I once told the Head of the "Unit" to "Kiss my arse!", if looks could've killed I wouldn't be here posting this now! But she was a "Dragon Lady" anyway and that's being kind.

I'm not laughing at you. If you are laughing (too) then I'm laughing with you

Another time, I got shouted at because of the following conversation:

Religious education teacher: So the Virgin Mary gave birth to a son...
Me: So if she was a virgin, how come she gave birth to a son?

Instead of attempting to explain it to me, he just shouted at me for being rude. But I wasn't trying to be rude, I was just pointing out what I saw as a flaw in the story.

I asked that question too in Religious Education. Got detention (again).

The RE teacher hated me. He also doubled up as music teacher and thought he'd embarrass me by meting out punishment of playing the piano in morning assembly. I couldn't (still can't) play the piano; he knew that and thought I'd be squirming.

I banged away on the piano singing out of tune as everyone came into assembly. He was spitting feathers. More detention. But it was worth it to see his face.

it was the first week of kindergarten. we were told to get our name tags out from a chest. I couldnt find mine no matter how hard i tried. I was distressed and the teacher asked me why i didint have mine on and i told her i couldnt find mine and she called me stupid in front of everyone after finding my name in seconds. my mother was obviously and understandably pissed off. idk what did but i was immediately switched to a new class. i always had autism. i was never labeled with it cuz it was 1990's they didnt diagnose girls as much back then. I WAS diagnosed with dyslexia which is probably why i couldnt find my name tag

My 6th grade math teacher compared me to Hitler once.

The math tutor I saw from 7th grade thru high school would sometimes make comments like "I don't know why this is so hard for you" (neither did I) and "duh," when something finally made sense to me.

When I started living with my father and emotionally abusive stepmother full-time during middle school, I once asked my school counselor why my stepmother seemed to like me some days and was mean to me on other days when I hadn't even done anything to upset her, and she responded, "Well, it's probably because you're there all the time now - you wouldn't like it either if someone you weren't used to were living at your house all the time, would you?"

Okay so last year we had a fill in english teacher for 3 months while our actual english teacher was on a cruise this was right around exams time so I was super stressed in general and also because I am terrible at english and knew I was getting ready to fail my english exams. One day I was having a particularly hard day my anxiety was bad and my thoughts where going crazy and this one teacher always stood and talked for a good 20 mins at the start of class it was about 5 mins in and I was struggling so I got out my book to read to distract myself from my thoughts because it was either that or leaving the class at least after he spent too long explaining a simple thing I could ask my class mates what we where doing and get on with the work right well not really..... the teacher caught me reading my book IN ENGLISH class and proceeded to yell at me for 5 minuets not even exaggerating he told me that I thought I was too good for his knowledge and too good for the class and that I thought I was better than everyone else and all of this BS because I was reading a book. Needless to say I walked out of the class crying because some teacher yelled at me in front of the whole class for 5 whole minuets, the class was shocked luckily I had a "friend" in that class who knew that I was going through stuff who yelled at him and told him what he did was wrong (now I say "friend" because thats kinda just how my irl friends are but in this situation I couldn't have asked for a better friend)

This is one of those posts it feels weird to click "LIKE"... It needs a sad : ( button or something.

In third grade I was the only left handed kid and my teacher despised me for that. To this day I don't know what I did to make her hate me so much? She would grab my hand with the pencil in it and kind of crush it because I was having trouble learning cursive and hated it to the core. I still never write in cursive. Another time was when we were having to use scissors and she was furious because I couldn't make the right handed scissors work correctly using them left handed... She made me stand in front of the class for that whole project tearing out what others were cutting with scissors and gave me an F for it. She wasn't a teacher she was a monster.

She told me that only stupid idiots are left handed... I knew she was wrong, but I still didn't understand, then my arm left arm/wrist got broke and she demanded I learn to write right handed or fail. So I did and that didn't seem to please her much either... Some people are just so filled with hate that it seems to leak out of them...

My mom tops the list though. She and I both nearly didn't make it when I was born. She seemed to blame me for that (yet she smoke, drank, and did drugs while pregnant with me)... Later when she was done torchering me, letting others torcher me, and was leaving she said... she wished I had died the day I was born, and she hates the air I breathe... And to wonder why some of us are so messed up...

I guess she meant it because I have never seen her since that day. So I have to wonder was I as bad as people say I was? I was an inconvenience I'm sure, but I never threw tantrums. I was just this silent kid who walked around in a daze mostly (with his hands over his ears) not understanding all the horrendous noises that were around me all the time (no one knew I had Hyperacusis at that point in my life).

My biggest thing was I would run off and hide... Just to get away from all the stuff that was so loud and the hate I felt from people. That is when people got really mad at me, and I would cover my ears (because they were SCREAMING at me and it hurt unbelievably bad)... Then I would get the crap beat out of me for that because they saw that as me being a disrespectful brat... ASD sort of sucks when no one knows you have it (including yourself).

Later when she was done torchering me, letting others torcher me, and was leaving she said... she wished I had died the day I was born, and she hates the air I breathe..

When young our personalities can soak up the negative messages from our parents.

Part of how personality forms soaking up the negative and positive projections from those around us.

Our job is to separate that neagtivity from our adult selves and not pass it on further.

When young our personalities can soak up the negative messages from our parents.

Part of how personality forms soaking up the negative and positive projections from those around us.

Our job is to separate that neagtivity from our adult selves and not pass it on further.

Better to me would be, just finding away to have amnesia from all of my childhood... I would rather not ever remember it than have it creeping around in my adult life all the time... However, I have learned how NOT to treat people in the process I guess. : )

Said? I have no idea, but I do remember one special ed teacher who would goad me into meltdowns, which everyone thought and probably still thinks were temper tantrums. There was another autistic person he would do the same thing to, and I'd just have to watch him do it, then watch him beat her, and not really understand what he was doing at the time, never mind having the social skills to actually call him on it. This was not "restraining for the safety of others and blah blah blah" no, he had a smile on his face from start to finish, a smile I only recognize today as pure evil. He was doing it for fun.

And I'm supposed to trust authority after that? Sad thing is I did because I didn't know anything else but trusting adults.

Of course, now that I do have the social skills the statute of limitations has passed, and last I hear he still has that job, 18-some-odd years later. It makes me legitimately sad to think of how many autistic people he abused after me and that girl; he started his reign with me, that I know, so I guess I was his practice or something. I've still got lasting bodily injury from that guy.

Any time he would go too far he would just lie to my parents; any obvious physical injury I had he just said I was "faking for attention" or that I did to myself during a "tantrum" and told my parents the best thing is to ignore it. So I also lost a lot of faith in my parents when I was just walking around with what I didn't know then to be lasting physical trauma, as my parents just stayed silent as I tried to tell them what happened.

Those years really screwed me up; I was a happy child and a very damaged everything-from-that-point-forward.

Said? I have no idea, but I do remember one special ed teacher who would goad me into meltdowns, which everyone thought and probably still thinks were temper tantrums. There was another autistic person he would do the same thing to, and I'd just have to watch him do it, then watch him beat her, and not really understand what he was doing at the time, never mind having the social skills to actually call him on it. This was not "restraining for the safety of others and blah blah blah" no, he had a smile on his face from start to finish, a smile I only recognize today as pure evil. He was doing it for fun.

And I'm supposed to trust authority after that? Sad thing is I did because I didn't know anything else but trusting adults.

Of course, now that I do have the social skills the statute of limitations has passed, and last I hear he still has that job, 18-some-odd years later. It makes me legitimately sad to think of how many autistic people he abused after me and that girl; he started his reign with me, that I know, so I guess I was his practice or something. I've still got lasting bodily injury from that guy.

Any time he would go too far he would just lie to my parents; any obvious physical injury I had he just said I was "faking for attention" or that I did to myself during a "tantrum" and told my parents the best thing is to ignore it. So I also lost a lot of faith in my parents when I was just walking around with what I didn't know then to be lasting physical trauma, as my parents just stayed silent as I tried to tell them what happened.

Those years really screwed me up; I was a happy child and a very damaged everything-from-that-point-forward.

We need an ERASE (DELETE) button in our heads... : )

We need an ERASE (DELETE) button in our heads... : )

They're working on that. I don't know who "they" is or what exactly "that" is, but I know they're working on it specifically for the purpose of erasing traumatic memories. I don't know, I'm not holding my breath, but some such technology sure would be nifty, I tell ya hwhat.

They're working on that. I don't know who "they" is or what exactly "that" is, but I know they're working on it specifically for the purpose of erasing traumatic memories. I don't know, I'm not holding my breath, but some such technology sure would be nifty, I tell ya hwhat.

I would nearly be a test dummy for that stuff... Not kidding...

A gym teacher once called me a slur reserved for gays. I am not going to name the exact word he used because I not only abhor the word, I consider myself to LBGTQ friendly. I am open minded. I feel vindicated because I found out he died recently of a massive coronary. Couldn't have happened to a nicer (sic) man.

The teachers in these post make all my past teacher look like kindly parental figures, and I remember one who was just plain out of his mind, and that was my 6th grade gym teacher. He was verbally and sometimes physically violent to us students, screaming and swearing constantly if we got the least bit disruptive. One class I was crying and upset, and told him that the other kids were blaming me on their losing the game we had played. He yelled "BULLS**T!" When I told my mother about him she said there were "parts missing in that man", and finally I had a private talk with my principal about him. And guess what? By Grade 7 he was the vice principal of my new school! But I think he he had mellowed out quite a bit.

Some idiot at my old school once told me I'd never amount to anything.

He's kind of right IMO, 26 years since I left I still don't have a job, and am a single virgin :(

Enter the unholy wrath of Mrs. Bright, my 3rd grade homeroom teacher in charter school. She was a cruel woman who ruled the classroom with an iron fist. Bathroom usage could only be done when there wasn't work to do. Miss one question or math problem on a worksheet and she gives you a whole new one to do over. Raise your hand to inform her of someone causing you grief and she'll turn up her nose.

This soulless, stone-hearted harlot cost me two years of my childhood, and she let the bullies in my class take it away.

But that's not what drove me to slap her with my tiny 3rd grade hand one day.

We were almost done with our EOG test, an end-of-grade evaluation that determines whether we move to the next grade or not. I was on the final page of my book. But there was an equation i was stuck on. My calculator's batteries had just died out. So i raised my hand...

"Mrs. Bright, i need another calculator."

"No, you don't."

I was in shock.

"The batteries just died."

"Well, too bad. Do the math problem in your head. You're a big boy, you figure it out."

Enraged, i stood up from my desk. "You have no idea what it's like to have Aspergers, do you?!"

"That's no excuse. Aspergers is a myth. Now sit down and get back to work."

The Devil went through me. "NO! I WILL NOT SIT DOWN!"

She began to quickly walk to my desk and grab me by the wrist, but i was ready for her abuse. Snapping my arm backward away from her hand, i took the opposite arn and smacked across the face as hard as i could. That oughta show her! Not only did the force cause her to fly back, but her glasses flew off.

"You little prick... Look what you've done to my glasses! How am i supposed to pay to get these fixed?!"

I took the best oppprtunity to give her a taste of her own medicine.

"You're a big girl, you figure it out."

I had this one teacher in high school I hated. When I got a scholarship to college she didn't seem to believe me. Also, I had been in her classes for 2 years and always got A's. One time I was on a med that gave me urinary incontinence as a side effect so I kept going to the bathroom so she yelled at me for missing her class too much and sent me to the principal's office. Luckily the principal was understanding so things worked out.

I had this one teacher in high school I hated. When I got a scholarship to college she didn't seem to believe me. Also, I had been in her classes for 2 years and always got A's. One time I was on a med that gave me urinary incontinence as a side effect so I kept going to the bathroom so she yelled at me for missing her class too much and sent me to the principal's office. Luckily the principal was understanding so things worked out.

I once had s similar problem, the proper maths teacher was off one day so they had a substitute, I'd just been to the Karzy at break, but during the lesson I needed to go again desperately, teacher wouldn't allow it, so I ended up wetting myself.

I hated when they had subs in, because stuff like that happened.

New Threads

Top Bottom