• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Worst thing a teacher has said to you?

Pick just one? Very difficult. A few stand out.

These teachers really took the prize for inflicting ridicule: (a tie really)

Every year the teacher would mispronounce my name when reading the list to start the year. The most typical was Lee-am the bold being stressed in a way that grated my nerves. Another popular one was Lime or Lamb.................for Liam............I digress....

Grade 4 (9 years old)
This teacher said, "Lee-am"
Me: "No!"
Teacher: "What then? Leanne?"
"chorus of laughter"
Me: (Silence)
Teacher: (Teacher fueled by the laughter) "Okay then I'm calling you Leanne"
"More laughter"
(Teacher moves on)

I suppose nobody has to guess what my name was in the playground for the rest of the year.

The next was in grade 9 (14 years old)

I was lost in my own world in gym class and really have no concept of what I did to provoke this, but soon the jock long past his glory (the gym teacher) was saying stuff to me. I think I told him that I didn't know or didn't care, I can hardly remember given what followed. He was trying to make me take off my shirt and run laps while he chanted, "bare your hairy chest" when I refused to do so.

I never took my shirt off, I just left and took the F in gym.

Second grade teacher threw away my workbooks and made me start over because I had worked ahead. From that I leaned not to excel, that the purpose of school is to conform not to learn.

Then to reinforce the conformity, third grade teacher sent me to sit in the second grade classroom for "cheating" when I used the fingers trick for multiplication by nines.

I don't remember what elementary school grade it was, but it was an election year. The assignment was to write an essay about who we would vote for if we were old enough, and why. All my classmates wrote about one candidate, and I wrote about the other. The teacher demanded that I rewrite the paper. I refused. She called my mom, who said that wasn't the candidate she would choose, but that she wouldn't make me rewrite the paper, that the assignment asked for my opinion. So I got a zero on the assignment. Everyone else's essays were proudly displayed on the board in the hallway. I don't know where mine went.

But the best thing a teacher said to me was in high school. She said "I don't believe you belong in this AP English class. I think it's a waste of your time and mine and you're going to fail." Naturally I had to prove her wrong. I wonder if that was her intention all along.

Between ages 11 and 13 I had a math and gym teacher who, for some reason, abhorred me. Just some of the things she did:

Mad fun of the way I walked (apparently it was different from how others walk, but I never noticed) and made me get up to walk in fron of the entire class for everyone else to see how stupid I walked.

Told me I shouldn't smile at her because my smile was creepy. Then she encouraged the rest of the class to judge my smile. The problem was that I always smile when I'm unhappy/uncomfortable, so I was just sitting there tears in my eyes, the most pained smile on my face, and I couldn't straighten out my face.

Told me on various occasions that I was stupid and lazy and would probably not graduate.

Yelled at me telling me that I should keep my stupid mouth shut, when I tried to correct a mistake she had written on the blackboard.

Generally destroyed my love for math (which I think was her biggest crime as a teacher). At some point she told us the "rice on the chessboard" story to explain exponential growth (put 1 grain of rice on the first board, 2 on the second, 4 on the third, 8 on the fourth, 16 on the fifth, etc...). She said "I don't know ow much rice that ends up being, but it's more than exists on earth". Being curious and really into maths I made it me past-time project to figure out how much rice it actually was, so I calculated how many grains of rice there would be in total, how many tons of rice that would make, and I researched global rice production to see how much time it would take to grow that much rice. The whole project took me over a week (remember I was like 11 and didn't have full time internet access) .
Later I wanted to present my findings to the class, and she said "So... What are we going to do with this information?" and "This is a perfect example of totally wasted time".
Until I entered university I never did math for fun after that.

Edit: In case you're interested in the results, it's 534,955,578,100,000,000 tonnes of rice, which would take 1,097,435 years to produce at the current production rate.

Last edited:
4th grade: My teacher mocked me and forced the others to do the same when I said I wanted a turn on the computer. She also banned me from a Christmas party.

6th grade: My teacher called me a bonehead, and didn't give me Pokemon merch when she gave it to the other students.

7th grade: Teacher excluded me from a field trip to a corn maze, and gave me more work than the others.

My third grade teacher and vocational school teacher barred me from borrowing certain books, either because of the subject matter or because I'm too old for it.

But the worst was when my e-commerce teacher humiliated me in front of her students, and yelled at me when I was the only one who didn't win a trophy in the DECA competition.

Where do I start

1) Nursery teacher said I need a good shake after squashing too many words on a line (I did ask her if I could pull out her grey hairs though) mum used to make me pull hers out.
2)Told I held the class up.
3)teachers implied I was incapable of going around the infant classes to see who had lost an object I found.
4)Never in my 22 years of teaching have I met someone like you?
5) Mimicking my swimming.
6) Trying to solve a bullying problem by bringing in my sister to tell the teacher after school and her launching a tirade against me (twice)
7) Nutcase, as friend flooded toilet and I got blame as we never mentioned it.
8)I'll accept the challenge of taking her.
9)In a world of your own.
10)You are a dead loss.
11) irresponsible
12)caned, attacked.
can't think of anymore, asked my mum why I got on so many peoples nerves and she said I just get peoples backs up.
1970s kid

My Kindergarten teacher told us (while looking at me because I had motor skill issues and she didn't like me) that if we "scribbled" while colouring in our line art for Mother's Day that our mother wouldn't love us when she saw it, and then let the kids at my table yell at me for "scribbling" aka not knowing how to draw.

My fifth grade teacher said "I'm gonna bust you in the lip". Just because I was drawing and reading at the same time when we were supposed to be reading. I waited two weeks to even tell someone cause I didn't know he wasn't supposed to say that to a child. All I knew is that I felt humiliated just because I was doing something else WHILE I was doing what I was SUPPOSED to do. I was scolded for not telling them, but he was a a lot nicer after I got my mother and step father to the school.

"It doesn't matter."

I expressed something that was important to 7 year old me. Took a lot of guts to say it.

It made me realise that no one is interested in what I have to say and no one cares if I want to say something.

New Threads

Top Bottom