• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Worst game on the PS4?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Above.

Personally I'm not a fan of Sony al all, their consoles suck, their cell phones suck more, and their fanboys are well, a bit silly really.

Above.

Personally I'm not a fan of Sony al all, their consoles suck, their cell phones suck more, and their fanboys are well, a bit silly really.

I am disappointed.
I thought you were going to describe at least one game
that you don't care for and why you dislike it (how it
fails to meet your standards.)

I am disappointed.
I thought you were going to describe at least one game
that you don't care for and why you dislike it (how it
fails to meet your standards.)

OK, most PS4 exclusives suck.

Street Fighter V should've been on Xbox as well as PS4, but no Sony paid Capcom a boatload of loot for exclusivity.

You know they are people who love sony and grow up with it xD
I know you are not mean but some people might get a bit offended by that statement xD

Especially due to so many groundbreaking games, I know its old now, but, sincerly I think the problem comes more from modern gaming standart than any compagny in particular ( well some compagny did bad things but thats not the point I am trying to make.)

But yeah what game did you hate on ps4? Or you dont even have it and just criticize xD

You know they are people who love sony and grow up with it xD
I know you are not mean but some people might get a bit offended by that statement xD

Especially due to so many groundbreaking games, I know its old now, but, sincerly I think the problem comes more from modern gaming standart than any compagny in particular ( well some compagny did bad things but thats not the point I am trying to make.)

But yeah what game did you hate on ps4? Or you dont even have it and just criticize xD

As for particular games I don't like, most PS4 exclusives could easily be ported to other consoles IMO, but of course, for stuff like Street Fighter 5 and Lemmings, as examples, Sony paid the companies a boatload of money for exclusivity.

Lemmings in particular is one I want on Xbox, especially seeing as I've played the original on almost every format ever, from the Amiga to the ZX Spectrum.

This is just a marketing thing you are right, but this is how it works unfortunatly , but I think you know that game exclusives are more and more rare nowadays, you still have other lemmings games you can play right?^^

This is just a marketing thing you are right, but this is how it works unfortunatly , but I think you know that game exclusives are more and more rare nowadays, you still have other lemmings games you can play right?^^

Well a couple of years ago there was a DHTML version, I might look it up on Google, otherwise as far as I know there's no other current versions.

I don't like the whole 'exclusives' policy but it's not only directed towards Sony. I'm simply not going to waste money on every new console that is going out to just play a game. It's the same with Nintendo exclusives. All in all, if a game is great, it'll be great even on an emu.

Well a couple of years ago there was a DHTML version, I might look it up on Google, otherwise as far as I know there's no other current versions.

I search for" lemmings pc" on google and I found a link to a DHTLM version , maybe this is what you are looking for?

I don't like the whole 'exclusives' policy but it's not only directed towards Sony. I'm simply not going to waste money on every new console that is going out to just play a game. It's the same with Nintendo exclusives. All in all, if a game is great, it'll be great even on an emu.

I like the idea of having a brand of video games more family friendly, if all consoles played the same games then you couldnt buy a console for your child as easely, I mean I dont want to buy a console with rated R game if I have a 12 YO

Dude. Your fanboy colours are showing and it's terrible.

Gonna agree with this. It's not like that loyalty is well-deserved... these companies couldnt give less of a crap about any of the players that buy their stuff. If they could get more money out of you by having a horse kick you where it counts, they'd do it. They wouldnt even hesitate for the tiniest fraction of a second. Brand loyalty is baaaaaad.

That being said, I'm not too fond of the PS4 myself, but that's partly because I already have my PC and all (dramatically bigger game selection than the consoles, so it's what I stick with. However, Microsoft can go screw themselves with a fork for creating the unholy disaster known as Windows. I stick with PCs for gaming, but that sure as heck doesnt mean I *like* the stupid things).

My PS4 mostly gets used for No Man's Sky (which has become quite good at this point) and Enter the Gungeon when I'm down on the island and thus dont have my main PC (and dont want to put up with my deranged laptop).

Other than that.... ehhhh... I mean there's not much for me to do with the PS4. I dislike most AAA games (actually cant think of any exceptions right now) and frankly all of the "exclusives" on both the PS4 and Xbox look basically the same to me.

My PS4 *controller* on the other hand gets tons of use since I use it on the PC. So... there's that at least, I guess...

Feh. As consoles go, just gimme an old NES or 2600 any day (or an old DOS machine, or... all sorts of other things from that era)... these recent ones can go jump off a cliff. They can take Windows with them.

Gonna agree with this. It's not like that loyalty is well-deserved... these companies couldnt give less of a crap about any of the players that buy their stuff. If they could get more money out of you by having a horse kick you where it counts, they'd do it. They wouldnt even hesitate for the tiniest fraction of a second. Brand loyalty is baaaaaad.

That being said, I'm not too fond of the PS4 myself, but that's partly because I already have my PC and all (dramatically bigger game selection than the consoles, so it's what I stick with. However, Microsoft can go screw themselves with a fork for creating the unholy disaster known as Windows. I stick with PCs for gaming, but that sure as heck doesnt mean I *like* the stupid things).

My PS4 mostly gets used for No Man's Sky (which has become quite good at this point) and Enter the Gungeon when I'm down on the island and thus dont have my main PC (and dont want to put up with my deranged laptop).

Other than that.... ehhhh... I mean there's not much for me to do with the PS4. I dislike most AAA games (actually cant think of any exceptions right now) and frankly all of the "exclusives" on both the PS4 and Xbox look basically the same to me.

My PS4 *controller* on the other hand gets tons of use since I use it on the PC. So... there's that at least, I guess...

Feh. As consoles go, just gimme an old NES or 2600 any day (or an old DOS machine, or... all sorts of other things from that era)... these recent ones can go jump off a cliff. They can take Windows with them.

Took the words out of my mouth! I did the whole fanboyism thing back as a teenager and I came out the other side! It was pointless thing. These corporations aren't sports teams where you can get all tribalistic with, they will screw you out of a decent gaming experience if they could to make more money. Look at backwards compatibility for Sony, look back at the ridiculous "phone home" policy by Microsoft when they were launching the Xbox One that cost them millions in sales all because they were in "first place" and became too egotistical for their own good.

God, I hate fanaticism. We'd all be better off if fanboys got their heads out of their backsides and made sure these companies actually earned their money from their consumers.

It was pointless thing. These corporations aren't sports teams where you can get all tribalistic with, they will screw you out of a decent gaming experience if they could to make more money.

The really sad thing is, they're all already doing this and people just continue to eat it up... even those that have been around more than long enough to freaking know better. Like all that stuff related to lootboxes... it took a MASSIVE screwup from EA before people even started to properly think about that (and even then, the Big Guys already have an even more insidious replacement idea coming along). And yet there are STILL those who defend that idea, quoting the terrible myth that "they need that money, these games cost too much to make!". And even when the outrage rose... those that were raging still went and bought up the related games anyway, because "OOH SHINY" had already gotten ahold of them. Frankly it's kinda pathetic. And overall, AAA games are getting smaller, shallower, yet somehow more expensive, and people just... go with it. The bigger the company, the nastier they seem to be.

And heck, what's that thing Sony is doing recently... that bit with Fortnite? Where they can lock down the accounts of a THIRD PARTY DEVELOPER to prevent people from playing the game on consoles that arent Playstation? I dont play Fortnite, but even I think that's downright *nasty*. Nintendo and Microsoft keep taunting them about it, and pretend that they're playing oh-so-nice together.... but if one of those two were in "first" instead of Sony, they wouldnt even hesitate to do something similar. Only when they think it makes them look better do they ACT better, and an act is truly all it is.

There's no reason to ever give these companies any loyalty whatsoever, period. They're corporate entities, complete with uncaring corporate overlords. They dont care whatsoever about you, the consumer. They care only about the money. A big company like that doesnt just want SOME of the money, instead they want ALL of the money, and if they can think up some trick to make that happen, then as long as it's not illegal, they'll absolutely do it. That's the way the Big Guys think, and consumers need to start keeping that in mind instead of just falling for every trick.

Just... ridiculous. Honestly I'm glad I got away from the AAA side of the industry when I did. I get to just sit back and laugh at the whole thing from a distance.

Downloading ROMs on an emulator is highly illegal, even in North America.

To a degree it depends on the nature of it.

If you're emulating something that's RECENT, well.... yeah, that's trouble. It's also not really viable, emulators of recent consoles barely even exist, let alone function.

If you're emulating older stuff, nobody cares, not even the Big Guys. Hell, I have every arcade game ever made (before 2008, that is, as I'm not fond of recent ones), AND every NES game ever made, all on this PC and backed up elsewhere, and.... yeah, nobody cares. Roms for those arent even hard to get.

But if someone's trying to emulate the Switch or something like that.... hoboy. That's a whole other bag of cats.

It's also risky. If you're using an emulator of a RECENT machine, you're taking a big risk, because I promise you the sites you're getting it from are shady as hell. I'm going to take a wild, crazy guess and say that alot of that sort of emulator comes with some free "bonuses" that you wont know about, to put it mildly. Provided you didnt already get those bonuses from the site itself just by going near it.

To a degree it depends on the nature of it.

If you're emulating something that's RECENT, well.... yeah, that's trouble. It's also not really viable, emulators of recent consoles barely even exist, let alone function.

If you're emulating older stuff, nobody cares, not even the Big Guys. Hell, I have every arcade game ever made (before 2008, that is, as I'm not fond of recent ones), AND every NES game ever made, all on this PC and backed up elsewhere, and.... yeah, nobody cares. Roms for those arent even hard to get.

But if someone's trying to emulate the Switch or something like that.... hoboy. That's a whole other bag of cats.

It's also risky. If you're using an emulator of a RECENT machine, you're taking a big risk, because I promise you the sites you're getting it from are shady as hell. I'm going to take a wild, crazy guess and say that alot of that sort of emulator comes with some free "bonuses" that you wont know about, to put it mildly. Provided you didnt already get those bonuses from the site itself just by going near it.

When I had a Windows PC, I used to download SNES emulators, MAME, and loads of other stuff all the tiime.

When I had a Windows PC, I used to download SNES emulators, MAME, and loads of other stuff all the tiime.

Yep.

As far as I'm concerned, it's one of the core reasons why I use PCs to begin with. I've always been a huge fan of old arcade games in particular (most specifically, from the Golden Age, as it's called) but *most* of those are impossible to find anymore.

MAME is a freaking godsend, really. Whoever makes that deserves a medal. Itcant beat going to a real arcade and playing the originals, but... since that's usually not an option, it's sure better than nothing.

Never said I do it now have I? You can buy a game and convert into emu image if you wish to avoid all the 'shuffle'. Still turns out much cheaper than buying a whole new console for one game overall.

You could have least went into a little bit of depth about why everything sucks, but as it stands your judgment really isn't holding up here. By that logic, Samsung sucks too. Just because...you know...you get what I'm talking about here...come on, can't you do better than that? You should ditch the brand loyalty too, as that's just plain silly for so many reasons. It's already been explained here, and a nice explanation it is that makes a lot of sense. Your life span though as a willing participant of consumerism, so do as you please...

Anyhoo, to answer the topic for a change, I haven't played nor do I have a lot of PS4 titles so far. PC gamer here mostly, but I've got Horizon: Zero Dawn for the PS4. Not that it's a bad game at all, but only an hour into it could I tell it was going to be a repetitive grind-fest doing the same thing over and over again. You do some missions here and there, explore the open world for a little bit, upgrade your equipment as needed, but besides that...it's as average as average can be. Story, graphics, etc...plays like a generic open world game. I don't think I need to put a disclaimer here about "my opinion", but it's at the bottom of the list for me so far until I snatch some more games.

Last edited:
Never said I do it now have I? You can buy a game and convert into emu image if you wish to avoid all the 'shuffle'. Still turns out much cheaper than buying a whole new console for one game overall.

Even that's probably illegal under copyright law, in fact I'm 99.9% certain it is.

New Threads

Top Bottom