• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Working crisis

bubbles

hi, I've just started a new job doing pharmacy which i really like, but since starting I keep getting in trouble with my manager for talking at inappropriate times and speaking too loud, often she tells me that the customers can hear but but I never think about that I just speak and don't think about the consequences, another thing is I work next to a doctors and we work closely with them, I thought the receptionists like it when I come in for a little chat but at my employee review I was told that I was complained about, has anyone got any experience of overcoming the inappropriately times talking at work and how they did it, for the information of whoever replies to this post my manager doesn't know about the aspergers and I don't want her to find out

Can you tell us what you did that consist of talking at inappropriate times?

Is there a rule about talking at your work?
I've had plenty of pharmacy workers make conversation with me, when dropping off or picking up a prescription.

You should consider only talking when required or when started by someone else.

New Threads

Top Bottom