• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wondering if I'll ever be independent

I encourage you to be patient with yourself and know that you are doing a really great job of getting through uni even if it is slower than typical it is still getting there, I had to drop out of uni twice and most likely won't go back any time soon, there are even nts that can't get through uni at all.
I don't know where you are from but go online and research what support is available to you, where I am i am on a benefit to help with finances and my doctor gave them a certificate to say that I had asd depression and anxiety so that they won't be harassing me about finding work too soon. I also got a support worker that comes to my house every week to work on things that I need, like currently how to move out from my parents house. There will hopefully be some sort of local organization dedicated to asd that you can ask how to get support to be more independent without overwhelming you.
God bless, trust in him that he has a plan for you and that he loves you so much.

In that case I'd go for some HTML and other coding to go along with that. Normally I'd say that art is a dead field, but when talking webdesign there's a big market, especially freelance. I know a few people pulling in big bucks that way. Just make sure you can deal with the mindset "The customer is king" while not allowing them to walk all over you. It's a thin line to walk.

Love the bunny patterns, by the way. I prefer the first. At first I thought the second one would turn out better than the first with different colours... but on second glance the first is best either way :)

I love your artwork. You are talented. As we mature, more becomes possible, you are still young, and life experiences will help you learn about yourself and your needs and preferences. The ideas about going on a vacation to learn your needs were creative I thought. I learned to drive at 17 but actually I never took a test and have always used public transport. I prefer trains and trams to road travel.

Could you make a children's book with your rabbit patterns? A rabbit story.

New Threads

Top Bottom