• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wisdom teeth

Ericho

Something really big happened to me yesterday. I had my wisdom teeth taken out and being put under it was a whole new experience. It was like I was in another world! The numbness lasted for hours, but now I'm pretty much back to normal. I just wanted to share this crazy experience, or is this not an appropriate place to mention this?

Hey, I don't see why here wouldn't be appropriate. You went through a big deal having your wisdom teeth out, as well as having the general anaesthetic. It's a very odd feeling but something to maybe put a smile on your face...most people react very differently when they are coming round and say all kinds of strange and amusing things. I worked as a dental nurse and have heard lots xxx well done you though for getting through it. Take care of your mouth now as it heals and all will be well xxx

Last year I got all four out in one day. It didn't bother me much except the bleeding for a while.

My son had four of his teeth out in one day, he did brilliantly. I didn't though as I didn't prepare him correctly, I told him it would be four injections when in fact it was 12 ( 3 for each tooth) he wouldn't go numb. He said I had lied to him. I know now to be more careful in future.

I got my wisdom teeth taken out a good few years ago, but i still remember it. They put me under and it was weird! I *think* i remember coming out of it and being in a small side room curtained off and being wheeled out to the car but its so fuzzy i dont know if it actually happened or not. I can't figure out, if its real, why i wouldn't have just been allowed to walk. It doesn't make sense. Maybe it didn't really happen? Lol idk. I also remember having nerve damage below my lower lip on one side for months afterwards, idk how that happened. I also lost my voice and got a fever within the week. It could've been worse, though. For removing them all at once it went well i think. No issues with the surgery itself.

I remember having mine out. I was in bed for the day and could barely do anything for a few days after that.

By the way, full healing takes about a month, so be sure to follow your dentist's instructions regarding what to eat and how.

By the way, full healing takes about a month, so be sure to follow your dentist's instructions regarding what to eat and how.

^ This!! Follow your dentist's instructions, no matter what anyone else says. I was still a minor when mine were taken out, and my mom was trying to go against dentist's instructions and force solid food on me before i was ready for it. Naturally i refused but it annoyed mom to no end.

I didn't know there were special instructions, I got mine a few years ago in addition to 2 other ones that were prep - ed for implants at the same time, so they stitched them up, not sure if they did the same for the wisdom ones. Anyway I took antibiotics and pretty strong painkillers for a few days, other than that - no special instructions. I pretty much ate anything I wanted withing a day or so. Thanks to antibiotics I didn't develop any infections... I noticed that after 4 days I didn't need painkillers either. I guess it all depends on a person. .. it was funny (to me at least) after all the stuff I had to go to an event at my son's school. I couldn't talk, my face was all swollen, and mouth fool of bloody cotton balls or something that I had to change from time to time :D I'm telling you, hilarious! :) I should have taken a picture :D

I had 3 wisdom teeth taken out along with 4 other front teeth so I could get braces. I had only a local so I was awake the whole time. I've never been put under because I'm afraid I won't wake up. I do remember that there was so much blood the nurse in the room had to leave and the doctor took over. That didn't sound too good, but I made it! :D
Oh! I kept one wisdom tooth so I have somewhere to store all my wisdom!

Last edited:
I still remember the pain once the anesthesia wore off. Had all four taken out in one sitting when I was 19. Ouch. :eek:

I remember having mine out. I was in bed for the day and could barely do anything for a few days after that.

Ereth, you are always so motherly. I like it.

Laughing gas is quite the interesting experience. The ensuing hangovers pretty much confirmed I never wanted to touch the illegal stuff. I'm glad yours went fairly well, give the circumstances.

Last edited:
I had a rotten wisdom tooth taken out last year, the side of it had caved in and boy did it hurt. They took it out in like 20 minutes so that was fine, but they did not stitch the hole and said it would close on its own, well it is still open and I have to clean it out daily because crumbs lodge in it :eek:

How is your recovery going so far? I don't remember much about my removal, other than I fell asleep and it went so smoothly that I didn't even need the opioids that had been prescribed.

I got all 3 (I only had 3) taken out last year. It was a fun experience until the dry socket kicked in... Then I started to feel trapped in a never ending uncomfortable pain, and I freaked out a little, hah... BUT the surgery and immediate after-surgery was quite a fun/funny experience. I actually had my fiance take a video of me talking after the surgery while I was still under the influence of the drugs... It was pretty funny to me. Maybe I'll link it if anyone is interested in seeing that, haha.

I've managed to recover really quickly! I even got back to work today! I guess it helps I took a lot of pain relieving medicine and got tons of rest. Thank you everyone for being so interested in what was going on with me.

New Threads

Top Bottom