• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Will microchip control brain waves

Polchinski

John 3:16 teaches us that whosoever believes will be saved. This leads to the following question: what if someone, after they take the mark of the beast, repent and believe, why wouldn't they be able to be saved? The answer to this question is that after they take the mark of the beast they won't be able to repent and believe. Now the question is: why not? The answer is: microchip will control brain waves, thats why.

What I believe would happen is the following. Antichrist will design a microchip to control people's brain waves in such a way as to produce spiritual experiences, akin to trance that Buddhists are getting into when they meditate, and also similar to some of the New Age spiritual experiences as well. Those spiritual experiences will cause people to be really peaceful. Thats how antichrist will accomplish worldwide peace.

But, at the same time, they would be incompatible with Christianity since Christianity teaches that Jesus is the only way, while those spiritual experiences will be more along the lines of "all religions are just different paths to the same god". That is why people who take the microchip -- and, consequently, will end up having those spiritual experiences -- will end up going to hell.

But, ironically, "all religions worship the same god" is not as bad as outright worshipping satan. Better to be a buddhist than a satanist. Sure, both buddhists and satanists would go to hell, but satanists would probably go deeper in hell if there is such a thing. So, to give antichrist some credit, it would be great that he would convert all those satanists into buddhism. But, at the same time, it would be awful that he would convert Christians into buddhism. So, he would get satanists to lesser depths of hell, at the expense of getting Christians into hell right along with them.

I also believe that microchip in the forehead will produce more powerful spiritual experiences than microchip on the right hand. So when Christians wouldn't be able to resist a fear of being starved or beheaded, they would be telling themselves "well, at least taking the chip on the right hand isn't as bad as taking it into the forehead" and end up taking it in the right hand. Maybe thats why antichrist would give people those two different options, since thats how he would be able to trap Christians into taking it. If it was up to the antichrist, he would want everyone to take it in the forehead. But as a bargaining tool with Christians he will make right hand as one of the options.

The other possible reason as to why some people might take it into the right hand is this. Lets say they hold some jobs that require a good concentration: like they are air pilots or something like that. In this case, they can't afford to be disracted by those spiritual experiences. So then they can take the mark on the right hand. That way they can still have "some" spiritual experiences, but not strong enough to disract them from their job. On the other hand, people that work as artists would take it on the forehead, that way they can have a lot more powerful spiritual experiences that they can use to convert people to antichrist side through their art.

Now, I can combine the above two possibilities in the following scenario. So antichrist might design it so that artists take it on the forehead while technical workers take it on the right hand. But Christians, in the attempt to self-deceive, might tell themselves that eventually everyone would take it in the forehead while taking it in the right hand is just a precursor (much like right now people are saying that eventually you will get implanted chip while Real ID is only a precursor). So, just like right now Christians are taking Real ID "since its just a precursor", later on they will be taking the chip into their right hand "since its just a precursor", as well. Except that it won't be a precursor any more, of course.

Ironically speaking, according to some theories the Real ID corresponds to the mark on the forehead rather than right hand. In particular, when you take a photo for the Real ID, you get invisible laser mark on the forehead. So what is worse: to get the mark on the forehead from taking the photo, or to get the mark on the right hand from taking the microchip? On the one hand, forehead is worse than right hand but on the other hand microchip is worse than the photo.

In any case here is my theory as to how things are listed starting from the worst one to the mildest one:

The worst: Microchip on the forehead

Second worst: Microchip on the right hand

Third worst: The effects of photo camera on the forehead

Fourth worst: The effects of finger print scanner on the right hand

Unfortunately, we are already guilty of third and fourth. Lets hope they aren't bad enough to send us to hell. Our task is to avoid first and second worst. Don't delude yourself by taking the second worst while telling yourself its not the worst. I mean Bible is clear that number 1 and number 2 both send you to hell. But, thankfully, it is a lot less clear about 3 and 4.

I am a bit confused. Is the "microchip", "photo camera", or "print scanner" descriptions symbolic, or are you suggesting this in a literal sense?

I am a bit confused. Is the "microchip", "photo camera", or "print scanner" descriptions symbolic, or are you suggesting this in a literal sense?

One possibility is those things in a literal sense. Another possibility is some future technology that will replace them. Like some future innovations that would allow for mind control features.

I wouldn't doubt it, depending on the future. We have introduced other self-harming technologies, though going into that would be too political, I think. Interesting topic, @Polchinski.

Microchips, cameras, and scanners if implanted into a biological organism are relatively benign in the sense these all need some type of computer, device, or peripheral to interact with. For example, there are implantable devices that need a power source (defibrillators, medication dosing pumps, etc.). NeuroLink is developing an implantable device in the brain that, depending upon the programming, can stop seizures, help regain function after spinal cord injury, etc.

I wouldn't go down the direction of being concerned about implantation of "technology" to change behavior in a way that would be interpreted as "evil". Making a human being express evil behavior is simply a matter of circumstances and "a little push". Humans, no matter how devout, humble, virtuous, and in touch with God they are, are capable of evil acts. Our history is full of absolute atrocities performed by people with "God on their side". So, I would be far, far more concerned about thy neighbor than some "enhanced" human being.

I wouldn't go down the direction of being concerned about implantation of "technology" to change behavior in a way that would be interpreted as "evil". Making a human being express evil behavior is simply a matter of circumstances and "a little push". Humans, no matter how devout, humble, virtuous, and in touch with God they are, are capable of evil acts. Our history is full of absolute atrocities performed by people with "God on their side". So, I would be far, far more concerned about thy neighbor than some "enhanced" human being.

If you re-read my OP, I wasn't saying it would make them evil. On the contrary I was saying it would make them very peaceful by throwing them into the trance. What I did say, however, is that said trance is incompatible with Christianity, which is why they would end up going to hell.

But, back to your point. I agree that you can set up circumstances to make humans commit evil acts. But guess what: they can repent of it afterwards. On the other hand, nobody can repent from taking the mark of the beast. That is what makes me think it is some modification to the body that you can't undo, as opposed to an act that you can repent of.

But if it is a modification of a body, why would you go to hell for it? Isn't salvation by faith? I guess its because it would influence brain waves in some ways to make faith impossible.

As @Mr. Stevens pointed out, the technologies are advancing in astounding rate. So even if, with today's technology, you don't see how they can influence people's thoughts and behavior, maybe with future technologies they will.

If you re-read my OP, I wasn't saying it would make them evil. On the contrary I was saying it would make them very peaceful by throwing them into the trance. What I did say, however, is that said trance is incompatible with Christianity, which is why they would end up going to hell.

But, back to your point. I agree that you can set up circumstances to make humans commit evil acts. But guess what: they can repent of it afterwards. On the other hand, nobody can repent from taking the mark of the beast. That is what makes me think it is some modification to the body that you can't undo, as opposed to an act that you can repent of.

But if it is a modification of a body, why would you go to hell for it? Isn't salvation by faith? I guess its because it would influence brain waves in some ways to make faith impossible.
Interesting thoughts. What do you mean by "trance". It's not "my thing", but many people in this world get tattoos, surgical implants for medical and cosmetic reasons, etc. There isn't any suggestion in the medical literature from anywhere that such things effect EEG readings, fMRI, PET scans etc. If there actually was, then I am quite certain someone, somewhere would have said something. Furthermore, there are people all over the world that have these things and are quite devout in their respective religions.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but as written above, I don't see the connection. I did look up the Biblical interpretation of what the "mark of the beast" is in context. It makes no mention of such things. What is the Mark of the Beast? Bible Definition and Meaning

Interesting thoughts. What do you mean by "trance".

Trance is a short for "trancendental meditation"

It's not "my thing", but many people in this world get tattoos, surgical implants for medical and cosmetic reasons, etc. There isn't any suggestion in the medical literature from anywhere that such things effect EEG readings, fMRI, PET scans etc.

I was talking about the microchip rather than tatoo. A microchip can affect MRI because it has electrical circuit embedded in it that can send some pulses.

I tried to understand what you meant but it's difficult. Who is this antichrist that is making microchips? For someone who has never been involved in religion, it all sounds a little strange. Microchips on the hand and forehead and whatnot, it's very science fiction-y. No chips for me, I'm certainly against that. Potato chips, yes, microchips, no.

Who is antichrist?

According to the Christian prophecy, the last 7 years before Jesus returns, there will be a worldwide empire headed by the antichrist. The word "anti" doesn't just mean against it also means "instead of". So antichrist will claim to be Christ and, accordingly, establish worldwide emprie -- just like Christ will. But since antichrist is not really Christ, getting along with said worldwide empire will amount to idolatry and send people to hell.

What that means is that, in order to avoid hell, one has to actively resist the worldwide government. Now you know what its like to resist the government: it gets you to jail -- and under antichrist rule killed. Thats why the vast majority of people would end up following antichrist and going to hell, while only few ones would find a strength in themselves in not going along thus avoiding hell.

Since antichrist will be pretending to be Christ, he will establish worldwide religion, just like Christ will do. And he will make a false claim that this religion is a fulfillment of what Christ is supposed to do. It is not known what that religion would be: we would have to wait and see for it to happen. There are all kinds of speculations of what it might be. New Age seems like a good candidate since it includes an idea of Christ, yet at the same time attempts to incorporate all religions. So if one is to try to "sell" a false Christ to the world where people have all varying religious backgrounds, New Age seems like a good way to do that.

But, again, we don't know what that religion would be since we are not there yet. Saying it is New Age is just speculation. So just like we couldn't predict today's religious movements (such as New Age) back in the 19-th century, maybe there are other religous movements yet to come that we can't predict today. So we don't actually know what antichrist's religion would be, all we can do is speculate.

Now, one thing that antichrist is prophesized to do, in the book of Revelation, is to force people to have a mark either on the right hand or forehead (it will be a choice). Nobody will be able to buy and sell without that mark, but the ones who take it will go to hell. Most people will take that mark and go to hell, while few ones will refuse it, and likely either get executted or starve to death (unless they find their own ways of survival and hiding from the government) but go to heaven.

But here is the thing: we are not told what the mark of the beast is going to be. Because the idea of the mark of the beast comes from Chapters 13 and 14 of the book of Revelation, and we are not told what it is in those chapters. Thats why there are so many speculations as to what it might be.

Now, one of today's speculations is that it might be a microchip implant. Obviously Bible doesn't say thats what it would be since there were no such things in the biblical times, but it is one of the modern speculations. This speculation comes from the fact that microchips are already implanted into animals in order to track their locations and there are proposals to implant it into humans. The idea behind those proposals is that tracking location of humans would help combat terrorism. So, really, it was 911 that triggered this. Prior to 911 nobody would take it seriously since its invasion of privacy but after 911 they considered it. So basically if we were to have a couple more such terrorist attacks that might push people over the edge of actually supporting it.

But the problem with this idea is that there is no idolatry involved in simply having your location tracked. Thats why I had an idea that maybe, in addition to that, the microchip will also control brain waves and cause trance -- thats where the idolatry would take place. So, to summarize people's opinions:

1) Vast majority of American Christians believe microchip will ONLY track people's location WITHOUT altering their brain waves YET they STILL think it will be the mark of the beast

2) Smaller number of Christians speculate that yes, it might alter brain waves. You can see it in Christian movies such as "The Mark Unleashed". But, outside those movies, it seems like the Christians that say this are mostly from Russia rather than from America (although the above cited movie is American one)

3) While I agree with those people that say microchip will control brain waves, I am thinking of a different "way" it would do it. In the movie The Mark Unleashed it made people act robotic and obey "the leader" (that is, the antichrist) while I believe it would trigger spiritual experiences. Yes it would make people obey the antichrist, but it would do so through spiritual experiences (such as new age) as opposed to making people robotic

4) Nobody really knows and its all just speculation. So I offered my speculation, you are free to offer yours.

Last edited:
I tried to understand what you meant but it's difficult. Who is this antichrist that is making microchips? For someone who has never been involved in religion, it all sounds a little strange. Microchips on the hand and forehead and whatnot, it's very science fiction-y. No chips for me, I'm certainly against that. Potato chips, yes, microchips, no.
As someone who identifies as a Catholic I wholeheartedly agree this is "a little strange." Forget whether "will microchip control brain wave?" -- The real question is, "Will science heal schizophrenia?"

As someone who has enjoyed a lot of science fiction books from Dune and the Foundation Trilogy and trash I won't speak of, terms one should be aware of are meat-puppet and corpse-sicle.
Meat puppet refers to someone who has had their higher functions removed and replaced with a program or AI.
Corpse-sicle is usually a persona implanted into the corpse of a "criminal" The persona is uaually subjected to debt for use of the "criminal" body - see debt peonage.
This is A point on the slippery slope, how would you see things getting to that point?

one should be aware of are meat-puppet

What I am speculating about is different though. Meat puppets don't have spiritual experiences, while I am suggesting those people would. In both cases, microchip alters brain waves, but it alters them differently. In case of meat puppets it removes higher functioning, in case of what I picture it "produces" a new level of higher functioning -- those spiritual experiences I talk about. In both cases it would cause people to lose salvation, though. In case of meat puppets, not having higher functioning will imply not having faith in Christ either. In case of what I am talking about those spiritual experiences would be more akin to new age and/or buddhism thus contrary to Christianity.

John 3:16 teaches us that whosoever believes will be saved. This leads to the following question: what if someone, after they take the mark of the beast, repent and believe, why wouldn't they be able to be saved? The answer to this question is that after they take the mark of the beast they won't be able to repent and believe. Now the question is: why not? The answer is: microchip will control brain waves, thats why.

What I believe would happen is the following. Antichrist will design a microchip to control people's brain waves in such a way as to produce spiritual experiences, akin to trance that Buddhists are getting into when they meditate, and also similar to some of the New Age spiritual experiences as well. Those spiritual experiences will cause people to be really peaceful. Thats how antichrist will accomplish worldwide peace.

But, at the same time, they would be incompatible with Christianity since Christianity teaches that Jesus is the only way, while those spiritual experiences will be more along the lines of "all religions are just different paths to the same god". That is why people who take the microchip -- and, consequently, will end up having those spiritual experiences -- will end up going to hell.

But, ironically, "all religions worship the same god" is not as bad as outright worshipping satan. Better to be a buddhist than a satanist. Sure, both buddhists and satanists would go to hell, but satanists would probably go deeper in hell if there is such a thing. So, to give antichrist some credit, it would be great that he would convert all those satanists into buddhism. But, at the same time, it would be awful that he would convert Christians into buddhism. So, he would get satanists to lesser depths of hell, at the expense of getting Christians into hell right along with them.

I also believe that microchip in the forehead will produce more powerful spiritual experiences than microchip on the right hand. So when Christians wouldn't be able to resist a fear of being starved or beheaded, they would be telling themselves "well, at least taking the chip on the right hand isn't as bad as taking it into the forehead" and end up taking it in the right hand. Maybe thats why antichrist would give people those two different options, since thats how he would be able to trap Christians into taking it. If it was up to the antichrist, he would want everyone to take it in the forehead. But as a bargaining tool with Christians he will make right hand as one of the options.

The other possible reason as to why some people might take it into the right hand is this. Lets say they hold some jobs that require a good concentration: like they are air pilots or something like that. In this case, they can't afford to be disracted by those spiritual experiences. So then they can take the mark on the right hand. That way they can still have "some" spiritual experiences, but not strong enough to disract them from their job. On the other hand, people that work as artists would take it on the forehead, that way they can have a lot more powerful spiritual experiences that they can use to convert people to antichrist side through their art.

Now, I can combine the above two possibilities in the following scenario. So antichrist might design it so that artists take it on the forehead while technical workers take it on the right hand. But Christians, in the attempt to self-deceive, might tell themselves that eventually everyone would take it in the forehead while taking it in the right hand is just a precursor (much like right now people are saying that eventually you will get implanted chip while Real ID is only a precursor). So, just like right now Christians are taking Real ID "since its just a precursor", later on they will be taking the chip into their right hand "since its just a precursor", as well. Except that it won't be a precursor any more, of course.

Ironically speaking, according to some theories the Real ID corresponds to the mark on the forehead rather than right hand. In particular, when you take a photo for the Real ID, you get invisible laser mark on the forehead. So what is worse: to get the mark on the forehead from taking the photo, or to get the mark on the right hand from taking the microchip? On the one hand, forehead is worse than right hand but on the other hand microchip is worse than the photo.

In any case here is my theory as to how things are listed starting from the worst one to the mildest one:

The worst: Microchip on the forehead

Second worst: Microchip on the right hand

Third worst: The effects of photo camera on the forehead

Fourth worst: The effects of finger print scanner on the right hand

Unfortunately, we are already guilty of third and fourth. Lets hope they aren't bad enough to send us to hell. Our task is to avoid first and second worst. Don't delude yourself by taking the second worst while telling yourself its not the worst. I mean Bible is clear that number 1 and number 2 both send you to hell. But, thankfully, it is a lot less clear about 3 and 4.
This has got to be the most well thought out theory on the mark, and how it would actually function and fulfill it's task.

New Threads

Top Bottom