• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Will hypnosis get rid of my phobias?

Tony Ramirez

Single. True friend's.
V.I.P Member
My parents are desperate to get rid of my phobias. I will give you some background.

My constant exposure to profanity in high school made me develop the phobia around 1993-1994 that peaked in 1997-1998. Just like the face masks in 2020 where I was exposed to it the most, it peaked at the end of 2020 and started to bother me then until it became a life-threatening phobia.

That is why exposure therapy is the worst thing for me. Exposure is what caused the life-threatening phobia's to actually develop.

Also I was on all kinds of bad drugs that made me gain over 100 pounds. I am losing it now doing yoga and the gym.

What phobias do you have?

Parental desperation sounds quite intimidating. What is fuelling their worries? Are they prone to worrying and extreme emotions? My mum is in particular and it's difficult to be around.

Ed

My parents are desperate to get rid of my phobias.
Are you equally committed to getting rid of your phobias?

What do you already know about hypnosis as treatment for phobias? Is this a real option for you or more of a shot in the dark because of desperation?

I don't know much about hypnosis. I believe it's more for desperation because I tried just about everything.

If you could bear to consider the circumstances that were
involved as far as masks or swearing, that would be useful.

It's not mere exposure to an event that results in a phobia.

This is something to take up with your therapist, exploration
of the basis for your feelings of fear and loss of control.

Hypnosis may help you be able to relax enough for that.

Short answer: Yes it will.

Trust me, my friend, hypnosis is nothing dangerous. Just make sure you find a hypnotist you can trust, or, failing that there are plenty of self-hypno videos on YT.

My therapist does hypnotherapy with me all the time. If it weren't for that I'd probably have gone insane by now.

Aloe has become a symbol of it, to me at least lol. She's a hypnotist herself.

yellow_blue_betta_dragon_by_snowifer_dcz62i3-fullview.jpg
Just look at that face ^w^

New Threads

Top Bottom