• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why would a man use a lot of innuendo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's normal to laugh and feel entertained, feel emotions. As it's normal to feel uncomfortable\aversive if it's too much and disgusts you, and they're treating you like a sexual object not wanting to further the relationship.
Some women like the attention, particularly if the person doing it is attractive.
Did you read my post about "Flirtation"?

As you know, I don't lack assertiveness, so it wouldn't be a problem for me.

But, on reflection, if a person isn't confident in approaching a person in such a situation, perhaps changing times might actually be the better option if there is no inconvenience.
Approaching management without talking to the guy might punish someone who may not deserve it.

I have been on the receiving end of many attempts at character assassination myself, hence my interest in this thread. I'd rather an innocent person isn't unjustifiably vilified.
The guy may be a creep, but we don't really know.

My policy is to avoid conflicts wherever I can. However, my assertiveness has paid dividends from time to time.
But, "whatever floats one's boat".
Depends how you approach it with the higher ups.

I would also argue if you're on your job you also have to be professional not flirt with the custommers unless they start it, or not even so. Sure, we're all animals sometimes, but when we're not getting away with it and we have rules, boundaries and limitations and find when it is appropriate to do it's better.

In dog training we have what I call Tactical Tempting. It works like this: after a correction, you give freedom to a dog, "go be mean to that dog again," if it takes the bait and does it, it's gonna get corrected. And given, these are dogs, an animal basically, not humans, they're instinctual, but they still learn proper behaviour.

Now this is bordering on illegal, you can't bait a person into crime, in the human world. Thing is, in some behavioural situations it works. And nobody's gonna arrest a woman for example for skimpy dressing or being attractive.

I regret laughing at the first joke.

I have tried to convey that I'm not amused since then.

Dealing with a lot of health problems, job loss in past few weeks and I'm not feeling up to talking to him. Too anxious.

You aren't obligated to speak to this person.
You've done what you can to get across the idea that
you're not enjoying the sort of attention he's directing
toward you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom