• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"Why not Introduce Yourself" is what the first orange box said.....

aspiefemale000459

or tell us how you became diagnosed?

I don't think the question mark at the end of diagnosed should actually be red, technically, (I think) it should be the same color as the 'why'

Why don't I introduce myself? Because it seems a bit pointless really, its not like anyone really cares what my 'name' is or some superficial details I attach to it, it will just be another one of those ritual exchanges that join all the others and move down the list to be lost forever.

Talking about my Asperger's diagnosis probably would be more interesting.....slightly, but it hasn't happened yet. I could use my really good imagination and make up a fascinating little story about how it might happen, but I'm not going to.

I could write about my ADHD diagnosis, because I've got one of those. I've also got one for anxiety, depression, PTSD and dissociation. A very long time ago, I got one for schizophrenia, it was a huge shock to be given that, I was sure they had made a mistake, so I tried to give it back....that didn't go down very well. But really, I didn't have a choice because the medication for that condition would have ended up killing me, or to be more specific, it would have led me into killing myself....eventually.

Turns out I was right after all, one psychotic episode a schizophrenic doesn't make.

Well, I guess I have responded adequately to the first orange box. I wonder if it will go away now :S

welcome-to-aspies-central.jpg

Don't let that orange box upset you too much. It's just there to encourage new users to post.

It also isn't mandatory to tell us how you got diagnosed. If you prefer, you can just select the applicable "Diagnosis status" option in your profile.

Hehe, your post made me laugh. I myself had to ponder a view months on the introduction-conundrum. Anyway, eventually I found what to say, the orange box went away, and now I'm quite enjoying myself over here. Hope you will too. Welcome.

Hello and welcome! I agree that the question mark should be black, not red. Hopefully that orange box went away now. (I don't remember the orange boxes. Maybe they were instituted after I joined.)

As said above, that box is just there to encourage new members to post. It appears to everyone who hasn't made a post yet on the forums and goes away once you make at least 1. You can just ignore it if you want. The boxes are also used to post announcements and other important information from time-to-time.

Anway, welcome to the community and enjoy your stay here.

Um....thank you, (for all the responses), I feel sufficiently welcomed now.

I wonder what I need to do now......guess I will go searching for some more orange boxes *scratches head* *wonders if cool people still put actions inside the little sparkly star things*.....yes yay! I found one.... it says I haven't posted for over a week :wtf: my bad?
Feeling criticized now....resisting the urge to curl up in a corner.

*Drags self by ear lobe back to computer, tries to remember a positive, encouraging affirmation, gives up due to terrible memory then dis-tractability kicks in and .....off to check out a 'sensory issues' post*

I found one.... it says I haven't posted for over a week :wtf: my bad?
Feeling criticized now....resisting the urge to curl up in a corner.

Again, that is just there to encourage members to stay active and contribute to the forums. You don't have to post if you would rather not, but posting helps the forums to grow.

:D

New Threads

Top Bottom